Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 09:57:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why do posters slag off on young kids buying Chinese Democracy?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why do posters slag off on young kids buying Chinese Democracy?  (Read 13972 times)
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2005, 08:51:26 AM »

im 14 now and i dont giv a shit. ppl take the pisso out of me just cuz i'v GUNS N' ROSES written in Big letters all ova my bag. and if im honest, i dunno y but i luv the new band compared 2 the old gn'r by a little bit. GN'R taught me the definition of what real music is and they'll always be my favourite band until the day i die. by the way, i havent seen n e posters that slag off chinese democracy. what type of stuff do they write? I'll kill em. i dont care if ppl think im a maniac, all the new bands r crap.

Dude, you're me. I'm 15 and have been into Gn'r for about two years. My first taste of Gn'r was actually a mix CD that my friend made for me because he knew that i wanted expand my interests in music. I heard songs like Paradise City, Patience, Civil War, and Don't Damn Me and was blown away. I immediatly became addicted and started buying the albums and dvd's. I look back at some of the shit i used to listen to (stuff like Blink 182, Backstreet Boys, Good Charlet) and wonder wtf i was thinking for liking it. And yeah i do get alot of bullshit from the kids in my school for liking Gn'r, but i dont care. I JUST DON'T CARE, MOTHER FUCKERS! peace

TOTALLY MAN!

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2005, 09:28:18 AM »

im 14 now and i dont giv a shit. ppl take the pisso out of me just cuz i'v GUNS N' ROSES written in Big letters all ova my bag. and if im honest, i dunno y but i luv the new band compared 2 the old gn'r by a little bit. GN'R taught me the definition of what real music is and they'll always be my favourite band until the day i die. by the way, i havent seen n e posters that slag off chinese democracy. what type of stuff do they write? I'll kill em. i dont care if ppl think im a maniac, all the new bands r crap.

Dude, you're me. I'm 15 and have been into Gn'r for about two years. My first taste of Gn'r was actually a mix CD that my friend made for me because he knew that i wanted expand my interests in music. I heard songs like Paradise City, Patience, Civil War, and Don't Damn Me and was blown away. I immediatly became addicted and started buying the albums and dvd's. I look back at some of the shit i used to listen to (stuff like Blink 182, Backstreet Boys, Good Charlet) and wonder wtf i was thinking for liking it. And yeah i do get alot of bullshit from the kids in my school for liking Gn'r, but i dont care. I JUST DON'T CARE, MOTHER FUCKERS! peace
That sounds a bit like me, my friend wasn't in to rock at all so I copied all my Gn'R cds and forced him to listen to every song? hihi

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2005, 11:09:59 AM »

No GnR collection would be complete without Lies or UYI2, Lies is an ok record but UYI2 is excellent, yes there are a few fillers, but for the most part You could be Mine,Civil War, and Estanged are fucking perfect 10 songs.

And yes Izzy I like 14 years as well  peace

use your illusion 1 is better.

And Appetite just owns em all.

html sucks
usurper
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2005, 11:29:20 AM »

When Axl tours again I dont wanna fucking sit next to a 10 year old whom does not no shit. I wanna sit next to an adult, I am a hardcore fan. If someteeny boppers came to sit next to me and start talking shit like "I hope Axl does not walk off tonight, its like what happened with the BackStreet Boys" I will seriously deck in straight in the face. I don't feel comfortable with young kiddies buying GNR songs just because they know one song, they should go buy the new Green Day album or something. Damn fuckheads. LEAVE GNR ALONE AND GET YOUR OWN DAMN MUSIC YOU DIPSHITS.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2005, 01:10:03 PM »

After reading the last few pages I am realizing Im getting older! LOL I thought I was a younggunner. Ill be 20 next week. Im gettin old. Dam time flys. I remember being 15 or 16 chiming in on the old chinesedemocracy.com site. NOw Im a "legend" and Bookers pal  peace

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2005, 03:31:38 PM »

When Axl tours again I dont wanna fucking sit next to a 10 year old whom does not no shit. I wanna sit next to an adult, I am a hardcore fan. If someteeny boppers came to sit next to me and start talking shit like "I hope Axl does not walk off tonight, its like what happened with the BackStreet Boys" I will seriously deck in straight in the face. I don't feel comfortable with young kiddies buying GNR songs just because they know one song, they should go buy the new Green Day album or something. Damn fuckheads. LEAVE GNR ALONE AND GET YOUR OWN DAMN MUSIC YOU DIPSHITS.

Dipshit, are you calling mwa a dipshit? Grab this guy i cant beleive this shit. lmao. aahhh Terminator 2, perfection. Great film and a great soundtrack you could be mine rules.

html sucks
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2005, 04:40:08 PM »

I think its cool when music made before someone was even born.. or still in diapers... attracts them.  ok

GN'R is timelss... and i believe the new music will follow suit. Ten or fifteen years from now there will be yet even more new fans discovering both eras of the catalogue Wink
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2005, 04:52:10 PM »

*cries* i remember the first time i heard GNR. It was mr.brownstone my all time favourite and it was......most excellent. beer

html sucks
mitchejw
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2005, 05:05:00 PM »

That sounds a bit like me, my friend wasn't in to rock at all so I copied all my Gn'R cds and forced him to listen to every song? hihi

smoking Izzy? smoking

Dude, give me some help on that...I try so hard to get my buds into Gn'R but it just won't stick. They laugh and have stuck a label on me like I don't understand music (even though I'm the only one of all of them to even play an insturment).

So how'd you break them in?

I showed Welcome to the Jungle to one of my friends a few years back in high school and he looked at me and said..."how gay...who would write a song about being in the jungle?"

Needless to say, it has been a frusterating experience...I remember everyone in high school new the lyrics to every single damned blood hound gang song...but couldn't tell me what Appetite for Destruction was...

Pisses me off...
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2005, 05:11:54 PM »

I showed Welcome to the Jungle to one of my friends a few years back in high school and he looked at me and said..."how gay...who would write a song about being in the jungle?"

No offense, but that friend must have been retarded Undecided? "Who would write a song about being in the jungle"? hihi
Anyway I never said I broke my friends, I said I broke one friend ok I don't really want my friends to be into Gn'R? no
Just that friend I mentioned before because he's the rythm guitarist in my/our band? Wink

smoking Izzy? smoking

a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2005, 06:20:10 PM »

ive seen posters comment on how they dont want GNR on TRL and they dont want young kids buying GNR albums etc

i was 10 years old when i became a fan of GNR as im sure most of you on here were very very young

so whats the big deal of young kids buying GNR records? that doesnt make them less cool it only means they transcend generations.
Actually, it does make them less cool.? Well, less credible, to be exact.? Think about what the kids listen to today.? Meaningless sounds.? If you are a kid, and something is popular and in the mainstream, you're going to flock to it.? And if you are jumping on the bandwagon, you don't really care what you are jumping on to.? So to them it is just more meaningless sounds that they listen to 'cause it's popular.? And people who aren't on the bandwagon, but are real fans, don't want something they love like that to be turned into something meaningless and cheap.?

Also, even if you are just young but are not on the bandwagon, people will still make an issue out of it, because there are certain things that you can't fully understand or relate to until you are old enough to have had certain experiences.  And if someone is listeing to something that they can't fully understand or relate to, you have to wonder why they are listening to it.  'Cause they think it's cool?  It is catchy?  Well, that is why things are popular in the mainstream.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 06:23:16 PM by a fan » Logged
mitchejw
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2005, 06:45:01 PM »

No offense, but that friend must have been retarded Undecided? "Who would write a song about being in the jungle"? hihi
Anyway I never said I broke my friends, I said I broke one friend ok I don't really want my friends to be into Gn'R? no
Just that friend I mentioned before because he's the rythm guitarist in my/our band? Wink

smoking Izzy? smoking

You're right, my friend is retarded...can i play rhythm guitar for your band?

I wish I didn't live in such a small ass town...maybe then I could find some band mates who didn't wanna do covers of The Big Wu and Blink 182
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2005, 06:46:20 PM »

I think its cool when music made before someone was even born.. or still in diapers... attracts them.  ok

GN'R is timelss... and i believe the new music will follow suit. Ten or fifteen years from now there will be yet even more new fans discovering both eras of the catalogue Wink
To Add to Zep, the Beatles n such, I listen to and even learn the music made some hundreds years before I was born, as well as the latest. And it makes me wonder that people at these great distances would have felt the very music beautiful just the same as we do now. How come?

Likewise, I hope GN'R will be still loved after some hundred years.
It's like sympathizing with the people of the past and the future through the music.
Yes, music goes beyond time and space.  It's sorta time machine.
IronMaiden415
Headliner

getting bizzy with izzy

« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2005, 08:41:57 PM »

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE ASSHOLE! rant There are two different kinds of kids; kids who listen to a band because they can relate to their music and it helps them get through hard times, and kids who listen to a band for the sake of listening to them. Me and millions of other kids listen to GNR because it's an escape form all the bullshit that might be happening in our lives, NOT BECAUSE OUR FRIENDS TELL US TO! When Axl tours again, I'm not gonna piss and moan about him walking off, I'm gonna shut my mouth and prepare myself for one of the most remeberable nights of my life. And wtf do you mean by "get your own damn music"?! It's not like only certain people can like them, anyone can as long as their mature enough to appreciate them AND I AM, ASSHOLE!  rant

Dec 17 - Tran Siberian Orchestra - fuckin amazing!
IronMaiden415
Headliner

getting bizzy with izzy

« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2005, 08:50:02 PM »

Dude, give me some help on that...I try so hard to get my buds into Gn'R but it just won't stick. They laugh and have stuck a label on me like I don't understand music (even though I'm the only one of all of them to even play an insturment).

So how'd you break them in?

Needless to say, it has been a frusterating experience...I remember everyone in high school new the lyrics to every single damned blood hound gang song...but couldn't tell me what Appetite for Destruction was...

Pisses me off...

Yeah that's me. I made my freind sit through all the Gn'r videos and I always got "Why is he wearing tight pants? Is he queer or something?" and I'd go "Shut up and listen, dammit!" She was really immature though. 

Dec 17 - Tran Siberian Orchestra - fuckin amazing!
usurper
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2005, 11:04:01 AM »

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE ASSHOLE! rant There are two different kinds of kids; kids who listen to a band because they can relate to their music and it helps them get through hard times, and kids who listen to a band for the sake of listening to them. Me and millions of other kids listen to GNR because it's an escape form all the bullshit that might be happening in our lives, NOT BECAUSE OUR FRIENDS TELL US TO! When Axl tours again, I'm not gonna piss and moan about him walking off, I'm gonna shut my mouth and prepare myself for one of the most remeberable nights of my life. And wtf do you mean by "get your own damn music"?! It's not like only certain people can like them, anyone can as long as their mature enough to appreciate them AND I AM, ASSHOLE!? rant

Fuck off kiddie, I hear Blink 182 are making a new album, go listen to them yes
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2005, 11:57:31 AM »

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE ASSHOLE! rant There are two different kinds of kids; kids who listen to a band because they can relate to their music and it helps them get through hard times, and kids who listen to a band for the sake of listening to them. Me and millions of other kids listen to GNR because it's an escape form all the bullshit that might be happening in our lives, NOT BECAUSE OUR FRIENDS TELL US TO! When Axl tours again, I'm not gonna piss and moan about him walking off, I'm gonna shut my mouth and prepare myself for one of the most remeberable nights of my life. And wtf do you mean by "get your own damn music"?! It's not like only certain people can like them, anyone can as long as their mature enough to appreciate them AND I AM, ASSHOLE!  rant

No, fuck you and your condescending attitude. Most people on this board were teenagers when they first got into the band, so you're basically shooting down everyone here. Real clever.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2005, 04:12:58 PM »

My m8s said that Nirvana r betta than GN'R. So I got well pissed off and i made them watch the GN'R tribute hour on Scuzz tv, where they played almost all of GN'R vids

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2005, 05:56:08 PM »

hmmm sounds like a asshole, dont you agree?  rant

html sucks
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2005, 05:58:24 PM »

usurper, this is a bit offensive don't ya think? Sad

smoking Izzy? smoking

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: