Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 04:48:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227873 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why CD will be released in November 2005!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why CD will be released in November 2005!  (Read 11330 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2005, 08:43:09 PM »

The reason for optimism this time around is that according to Dizzy, Brain and Stinson, the music is finished and the album is in post production.  Note the evidence of the group members on various tours and recording solo albums in the case of Tommy.  Now how long it takes for Axl to finish up every song is up for discussion but the bulk of the work for this album is complete according to actual members of the band
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2005, 09:37:32 PM »

I can see it now, mark my words...the cover of Rolling Stone:? pic of Axl and the new Gunners, after huge sales in November, the headline will read, "NOVEMBER REIGN."? Axl will re-claim his crown as king of rock n' roll.? Mark my words.? ?ok

Haha... yeah that'd be pretty damn sweet. It'd be great to turn on the radio and actually hear music that doesn't suck ass. But we can only hope.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 06:35:34 PM by plasmabeam » Logged

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2005, 12:34:33 AM »

Ok Im at uni, im bored so I thought I would tell you all my little theory about when CD will be released. I think that the rumours about a late 2005 release could turn out to be true.

Firstly all of this assumes that the music is finished and has or will very soon be turned over to the label.

Velvet Revolver Tour:

Finishes: 25/05/05 Sound Advice Amphitheatre Miami,FL TBA US

UK: 20/06/05: Wiener Stadthalle in Vienna, Austria (with Black Sabbath)

Velvet Revolver wrap their tour late June. We already know that they are writing material for their new album. Its pretty safe to say that by the time the tour has wrapped they will have the basis for the new tracks. All that needs to be done is the recording which judging by how quickly Contraband was laid down we can assume that this will not be a lengthy process. Lets assume they get the album finished by mid October, send it to the label which intends to release it sometime in November, maybe even December.

Fortus:

Im assuming Fortus would not have gone ahead and committed himself to such a major tour without first consulting Guns about when they were going to gear up again. Its safe to assume that his first commitment is to Guns, as he is probably contracted to them so can be recalled at any time.

When looking at his upcoming Tour Dates with Nena you can see there is a lot of downtime, plenty of opportunities for Fortus to fly back to LA and get whatever needs to be done with the promotional aspect of the CD? Photos, videos etc?

28.04.Bregenz
29.04.Salzburg
30.04.Festival Bern Juli
17.06.ADAC Festival Sachsenring
18.06.NDR 2 Open Air Papenburg Ronan Keating, J. Summerville, Lunik
19.06.Kyffheuser Open Air Bad Frankenhausen
23.06.Intersportarena Linz Silbermond
24.06.Donauinselfest Wien folgt
25.06.Lufthansa Betriebsfest Frankfurt
26.06.Luxemburg Niederkorn, Luxemburg S?hne Mannheims, Vaya c Dios
14.07.World GamesDuisburg-Stadion
12.08.Open AirSchw?bisch Gm?nd Silbermond
13.08.Open AirCoburg Springer
14.08.Open AirFrankfurt/Oder
26.08.Kulturpark RotehornMagdeburg
27.08.Antenne MV Open Air Ludwigslust
28.08.Feldschl?sschen Open Air Braunschweig
02.09.Open AirSalem/ oder Villingen Schwenningen
03.09.Open Air Junge Garde Dresden
04.09.125 Jahre Tengelmann - Gala Borussia Stadion Dortmund
23.09.Schupfard Festiv. (Zelt)Schupfard bei Basel

Source: http://richardfortusonline.com/ontour800.htm

Tommy is done: 23.04.2005 - Long Beach, CA @ Alex's bar

Court Case:

This is the ongoing case between Axl Slash and Duff. The Jury Trial takes place in early November and we know from the legal documents that all parties have to be present during the estimated 5 to 7 day case. If this legal case is somehow holding up the CD (I know some people don?t think that it is) then once it is resolved the CD can be released.

If however the case is not holding up the CD then the following could occur. From a publicity and promotional standpoint this case is a dream come true. It is going to be played out by the press as Velvet Revolver Vs New Guns n Roses, old v new. They will have a field day, especially if CD and the new VR album have been released or at least slated for release. The court case is a great way to promote the new album. I believe Sanctury is aware of this and realises that it is basically a shitload of free promotion for Axl and CD

There are of course problems with this theory. Axl may want to completely avoid comparisons with his former band mates, but I think from what we have heard musically from both parties this is not going to be a problem. Axl clearly has a more unique sound, whereas VR are just pure rock.

08/11/2005 at 08:30 am in department WEB at 1725 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401 Jury Trial (TIME ESTIMATE 5-7 DAYS)

Parties present:

DUFF - Pltf's AKA

HUDSON SAUL - Plaintiff

MCKAGAN MICHAEL - Plaintiff

ROSE W. AXL - Defendant

SLASH - Pltf's AKA

Source: http://www.sp1at.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=943

To sum up, I believe that we are looking at a release date for Chinese Democracy sometime in late October, November or early December. Fortus has plenty of downtime during his Nena tour to fly back and sort out the promotional aspects of CD, eventually finishing his tour in September. Tommy and all other members will be free from commitments by May.

The band has late September, all of October and some of November to rehearse, that should be plenty of time.

November is when I believe the CD will be released, the court case is excellent promotion for CD and if Velvet Revolver get their new album ready in time (I think they will) then both CDs are going to be played against each other which will be great promotion for both bands. Both bands record companies must release this and would be stupid to let such an opportunity pass by.

That?s my theory. I would be interested to hear your opinions.

Jonx

retard...where have you been the last 10 years?  this band has proven time and time again that they are incapable of accomplishing anything...i will not be decieved by this band again, and neither should anyone in this forum...gnr is a joke...a hoax...nothing will ever come of this band or the album...
axlsfriend
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2005, 12:36:53 AM »

I respect what few people say on these discussions and realize mostly 95 percent of the people on this site let their emotions get the best of them, and the hope that this history breaking album will finnally come and GNR will be this huge thing they once were again, but the fact is

A) there is no real reason that anyone from GNR should feel that they have to announce publicly that they are leaving GNR, for any other reason but to possibly get a blurb on MTV news or in a two sentence story in any magazine. It makes no sense b/c it does not take away from their carears mainly b/c since dec 5 2002 the band has done squat. ?I know if I was in Gnr, I would go on with my carear and if that asshole axl called me one day and said we were going on tour or CD is coming out I would respond with great its about fucking time or blow me axl your a god damn joke and walk away then. ?But the chances are none of the members have seen him since msg and probally has not spoke to them more then a hand full of times with bullshit. ?

B) If lawsuits are the only thing holding this thing up I understand I guess, but you know as well as I know if it was this case would be pusheed up and not take two years. ?

C) The most likely senerio is like we read in the past, Axl gets into writing and working on CD every once and awhile and then fucks around for a few months and then tries to pick up where he left off which we know cant work.

D) Chinese Democracy has become a myth and a some great legendary album b/c of the 8 or so years it has taken, and all the money they spent making it (which is bullshit) but is really just a few good songs that we heard and a bunch of music axl is just not happy with, which is why we never get it. ?Axl is not getting any younger he would not make this take so long if it was so good, unless you believe is ego has prevented the release and it really is a masterpiece which we will only see when he dies.

use your heads the most likely answer to this question is he is not happy with the music and really is happy with retirement. ?maybe when he gets the bug to perform again we will see it, but dont get your hopes up. ?The band probally stopped caring also. ? ?
estranged.1098
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2005, 02:52:04 AM »

retard...where have you been the last 10 years?  this band has proven time and time again that they are incapable of accomplishing anything...i will not be decieved by this band again, and neither should anyone in this forum...gnr is a joke...a hoax...nothing will ever come of this band or the album...

Stop wasting your time and go somewhere else.
shaun
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2005, 03:17:07 AM »

Topic: Why CD will be released in November 2005!
Topic: Why CD will be released in November 2006!
Topic: Why CD will be released in November 2007!
Topic: Why CD will be released in November 2008!
Topic: Why CD will be released in November 2009!
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Of course i just may be wrong, there are after all 11 other months in a year  hihi
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 03:19:36 AM by D0badog » Logged
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2005, 05:14:35 AM »

No matter what happens, worst case scenario we will se CD at some point. The record company will force Axl`s hand at some point when they have run out of patience so they can recoup on their investment.

Maybe this can't be done now, if true that the record company stopped funding the album. Maybe this is what's holding the album back now, Axl is claiming to be funding the album and wants a bigger share of the revenue.

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2005, 06:56:49 AM »

Your opinion, My opinion. I dont expect to be called a "retard" just because you dont like what i have to say. If you dont want to "be decieved by this band again" then i suggest you go out live your life and get into pop punk or something. Go join an Avril Lavigne board im sure there will be more exciting things to talk about.

It may be the same rumour over and over again, we hear November every year, i was around then aswell. This time though we have band members saying that the music, as in the album that they have all contributed to is finished. I happen to think that everything revolves around legal cases, i know alot of people dont think this but after all this time what else could it be. Either that legal case is physically stopping Axl from releaseing the album or, he wants to wipe the slate clean and tour without having to worry about the people who are suing him. Either way the case should get resolved early November.

Also no one knows what the hell is going on with the clear channel lawsuit. Its going to be hard for Axl to tour trying to avoid the 200 venues owned by clear channel in the US. and that doesnt take into account the foreign market, i believe they just bought mean fiddler over here in the UK, that means most of the major venues in London are now Clear Channel owned.

I realise all this is just speculation, some people seem to have a problem with that but i dont remember reading any rules that said speculation was prohibited.

Jonx
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 08:42:58 AM by Jonx » Logged
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2005, 08:05:21 AM »

Because Merck said so..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2005, 08:13:41 AM »

retard...

You seem to be the one having difficulties understanding simple sentences. For example: "It's not cool to insult other members of this board!"

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2005, 08:48:04 AM »

I would wager that this album could easily come out in November or possibly sooner.  For the first time we have band members saying that the album is completed.  I would be worried if the other guys WERE NOT touring.  There is only so much tinkering on an album that Axl could do when all of the music is recording.  I think the key question is Axl finished with the vocals yet.  But considering Tommy has pretty much told us that final mixing has taken place, then the vocals are done.  A bit off topic but, with IRS leaking, the NY Times article, and That club in Georgia STILL announcing GNR playing on the 22nd, I'm still wondering if a release date is around the corner.  I would of expected Axls lawyers or Santuary would have told that club to fuck off.

mustashius
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2005, 09:00:49 AM »

November is too late!
There's not one reason why we can't hear it before. There are many time outs in Richard's tour so...
And I still don't get something, why the hell someone doesn't ask Merck what the fuck is going on?
I mean, there's people from this board and other ?boards that claim that have contacts with GNR managment,so... Maybe I'm repeating myself but if they don't care - why should we? We want the information, an update and if they don't want to give us one, well, guess what, I've changed my point of view - for me now, it's kinda like ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Live and Let Die Muthufucka!

I've seen a rich man beg
I"ve seen a good man sin
I've seen a tough man cry
I've seen a loser win
And a sad man grin
I heard an honest man lie
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2005, 09:04:53 AM »

That club in Georgia STILL announcing GNR playing on the 22nd,
That club in Georgia? What's that?  Huh
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2005, 09:12:57 AM »

That club in Georgia STILL announcing GNR playing on the 22nd,
That club in Georgia? What's that?? Huh

A club in Cartersville GA in the US that is saying that GNR will be playing there.? They have been saying it on their VM since the beginning of the month and are selling vouchers for the show.? It's wery odd.? Their is either a thread about it here or I know their is one on MYGNRFORUM.com

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2005, 10:29:02 PM »

Ok Im at uni, im bored so I thought I would tell you all my little theory about when CD will be released. I think that the rumours about a late 2005 release could turn out to be true.

Firstly all of this assumes that the music is finished and has or will very soon be turned over to the label.

Velvet Revolver Tour:

Finishes: 25/05/05 Sound Advice Amphitheatre Miami,FL TBA US

UK: 20/06/05: Wiener Stadthalle in Vienna, Austria (with Black Sabbath)

Velvet Revolver wrap their tour late June. We already know that they are writing material for their new album. Its pretty safe to say that by the time the tour has wrapped they will have the basis for the new tracks. All that needs to be done is the recording which judging by how quickly Contraband was laid down we can assume that this will not be a lengthy process. Lets assume they get the album finished by mid October, send it to the label which intends to release it sometime in November, maybe even December.

Fortus:

Im assuming Fortus would not have gone ahead and committed himself to such a major tour without first consulting Guns about when they were going to gear up again. Its safe to assume that his first commitment is to Guns, as he is probably contracted to them so can be recalled at any time.

When looking at his upcoming Tour Dates with Nena you can see there is a lot of downtime, plenty of opportunities for Fortus to fly back to LA and get whatever needs to be done with the promotional aspect of the CD? Photos, videos etc?

28.04.Bregenz
29.04.Salzburg
30.04.Festival Bern Juli
17.06.ADAC Festival Sachsenring
18.06.NDR 2 Open Air Papenburg Ronan Keating, J. Summerville, Lunik
19.06.Kyffheuser Open Air Bad Frankenhausen
23.06.Intersportarena Linz Silbermond
24.06.Donauinselfest Wien folgt
25.06.Lufthansa Betriebsfest Frankfurt
26.06.Luxemburg Niederkorn, Luxemburg S?hne Mannheims, Vaya c Dios
14.07.World GamesDuisburg-Stadion
12.08.Open AirSchw?bisch Gm?nd Silbermond
13.08.Open AirCoburg Springer
14.08.Open AirFrankfurt/Oder
26.08.Kulturpark RotehornMagdeburg
27.08.Antenne MV Open Air Ludwigslust
28.08.Feldschl?sschen Open Air Braunschweig
02.09.Open AirSalem/ oder Villingen Schwenningen
03.09.Open Air Junge Garde Dresden
04.09.125 Jahre Tengelmann - Gala Borussia Stadion Dortmund
23.09.Schupfard Festiv. (Zelt)Schupfard bei Basel

Source: http://richardfortusonline.com/ontour800.htm

Tommy is done: 23.04.2005 - Long Beach, CA @ Alex's bar

Court Case:

This is the ongoing case between Axl Slash and Duff. The Jury Trial takes place in early November and we know from the legal documents that all parties have to be present during the estimated 5 to 7 day case. If this legal case is somehow holding up the CD (I know some people don?t think that it is) then once it is resolved the CD can be released.

If however the case is not holding up the CD then the following could occur. From a publicity and promotional standpoint this case is a dream come true. It is going to be played out by the press as Velvet Revolver Vs New Guns n Roses, old v new. They will have a field day, especially if CD and the new VR album have been released or at least slated for release. The court case is a great way to promote the new album. I believe Sanctury is aware of this and realises that it is basically a shitload of free promotion for Axl and CD

There are of course problems with this theory. Axl may want to completely avoid comparisons with his former band mates, but I think from what we have heard musically from both parties this is not going to be a problem. Axl clearly has a more unique sound, whereas VR are just pure rock.

08/11/2005 at 08:30 am in department WEB at 1725 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401 Jury Trial (TIME ESTIMATE 5-7 DAYS)

Parties present:

DUFF - Pltf's AKA

HUDSON SAUL - Plaintiff

MCKAGAN MICHAEL - Plaintiff

ROSE W. AXL - Defendant

SLASH - Pltf's AKA

Source: http://www.sp1at.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=943

To sum up, I believe that we are looking at a release date for Chinese Democracy sometime in late October, November or early December. Fortus has plenty of downtime during his Nena tour to fly back and sort out the promotional aspects of CD, eventually finishing his tour in September. Tommy and all other members will be free from commitments by May.

The band has late September, all of October and some of November to rehearse, that should be plenty of time.

November is when I believe the CD will be released, the court case is excellent promotion for CD and if Velvet Revolver get their new album ready in time (I think they will) then both CDs are going to be played against each other which will be great promotion for both bands. Both bands record companies must release this and would be stupid to let such an opportunity pass by.

That?s my theory. I would be interested to hear your opinions.

Jonx

Two words:

Empty conjecture.
jgfnsr
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2005, 05:48:39 AM »

I would wager that this album could easily come out in November or possibly sooner.? For the first time we have band members saying that the album is completed.? I would be worried if the other guys WERE NOT touring.

Excellent point!  I don't think many have considered this....
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2005, 09:05:22 AM »

We might get a new years eve show if we are lucky. Thats about it.

If by some act of god we see it this year I will the first one to say I was wrong and the first in line a Newbury Comics in Boston buying it. I stopped hoping for a new GnR album in 2000, got excited again in 2002 when they blew the roof off of the Fleet Center in Boston, then watched then instead of taking the ball and running with it, Axl went and sat on the sidelines.

I cast my vote for no album in 2005.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2005, 02:16:35 PM »

I can see it now, mark my words...the cover of Rolling Stone:? pic of Axl and the new Gunners, after huge sales in November, the headline will read, "NOVEMBER REIGN."? Axl will re-claim his crown as king of rock n' roll.? Mark my words.? ?ok

Im marking them right now.. Wink Grin

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2005, 10:38:42 AM »

By the time it does come out a lot of people just won't give a fuck anymore.
 He's waited to long.

October/November?

What happened to February 2004??? Huh

What's so civil about war anyway?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2005, 11:56:55 AM »

What happened to February 2004???

I wasn't here but I hear the GH shit happened that time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: