Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 01:28:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why CD will be released in November 2005!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why CD will be released in November 2005!  (Read 11327 times)
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2005, 12:55:47 PM »

Everyone's theories always suck and are always wrong. Yours is no exception.

Nothing personal, friend, but it ain't happenin'. Nothing's happening. That's my theory & I think it's based more in reality than your "the planets will be aligned in November........." type theory. And you know what? My theory sucks too. peace

That is right.... I think we shouldnt inquire and speculate as much as we do... because we might almost always be wrong about our own theories...

The only who has the last word is W.A.R.  like it or not....
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2005, 07:54:33 PM »

I can see it now, mark my words...the cover of Rolling Stone:? pic of Axl and the new Gunners, after huge sales in November, the headline will read, "NOVEMBER REIGN."? Axl will re-claim his crown as king of rock n' roll.? Mark my words.? ?ok

Im marking them right now.. Wink Grin

By all means, please do!  I'm quite confident about this year.   ok

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2005, 09:02:09 PM »

Two words:

Empty conjecture.

Ouch! Well im sure some more info/hard evidence if thats what you want will come out over the next few months. I dont see anything wrong with speculating about when the album may be released. It happens numerous times every year, why break the trend?

Jonx
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2005, 11:40:56 PM »

Ok Im at uni, im bored so I thought I would tell you all my little theory about when CD will be released. I think that the rumours about a late 2005 release could turn out to be true.

Firstly all of this assumes that the music is finished and has or will very soon be turned over to the label.

Velvet Revolver Tour:

Finishes: 25/05/05 Sound Advice Amphitheatre Miami,FL TBA US

UK: 20/06/05: Wiener Stadthalle in Vienna, Austria (with Black Sabbath)

Velvet Revolver wrap their tour late June. We already know that they are writing material for their new album. Its pretty safe to say that by the time the tour has wrapped they will have the basis for the new tracks. All that needs to be done is the recording which judging by how quickly Contraband was laid down we can assume that this will not be a lengthy process. Lets assume they get the album finished by mid October, send it to the label which intends to release it sometime in November, maybe even December.

Fortus:

Im assuming Fortus would not have gone ahead and committed himself to such a major tour without first consulting Guns about when they were going to gear up again. Its safe to assume that his first commitment is to Guns, as he is probably contracted to them so can be recalled at any time.

When looking at his upcoming Tour Dates with Nena you can see there is a lot of downtime, plenty of opportunities for Fortus to fly back to LA and get whatever needs to be done with the promotional aspect of the CD? Photos, videos etc?

28.04.Bregenz
29.04.Salzburg
30.04.Festival Bern Juli
17.06.ADAC Festival Sachsenring
18.06.NDR 2 Open Air Papenburg Ronan Keating, J. Summerville, Lunik
19.06.Kyffheuser Open Air Bad Frankenhausen
23.06.Intersportarena Linz Silbermond
24.06.Donauinselfest Wien folgt
25.06.Lufthansa Betriebsfest Frankfurt
26.06.Luxemburg Niederkorn, Luxemburg S?hne Mannheims, Vaya c Dios
14.07.World GamesDuisburg-Stadion
12.08.Open AirSchw?bisch Gm?nd Silbermond
13.08.Open AirCoburg Springer
14.08.Open AirFrankfurt/Oder
26.08.Kulturpark RotehornMagdeburg
27.08.Antenne MV Open Air Ludwigslust
28.08.Feldschl?sschen Open Air Braunschweig
02.09.Open AirSalem/ oder Villingen Schwenningen
03.09.Open Air Junge Garde Dresden
04.09.125 Jahre Tengelmann - Gala Borussia Stadion Dortmund
23.09.Schupfard Festiv. (Zelt)Schupfard bei Basel

Source: http://richardfortusonline.com/ontour800.htm

Tommy is done: 23.04.2005 - Long Beach, CA @ Alex's bar

Court Case:

This is the ongoing case between Axl Slash and Duff. The Jury Trial takes place in early November and we know from the legal documents that all parties have to be present during the estimated 5 to 7 day case. If this legal case is somehow holding up the CD (I know some people don?t think that it is) then once it is resolved the CD can be released.

If however the case is not holding up the CD then the following could occur. From a publicity and promotional standpoint this case is a dream come true. It is going to be played out by the press as Velvet Revolver Vs New Guns n Roses, old v new. They will have a field day, especially if CD and the new VR album have been released or at least slated for release. The court case is a great way to promote the new album. I believe Sanctury is aware of this and realises that it is basically a shitload of free promotion for Axl and CD

There are of course problems with this theory. Axl may want to completely avoid comparisons with his former band mates, but I think from what we have heard musically from both parties this is not going to be a problem. Axl clearly has a more unique sound, whereas VR are just pure rock.

08/11/2005 at 08:30 am in department WEB at 1725 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401 Jury Trial (TIME ESTIMATE 5-7 DAYS)

Parties present:

DUFF - Pltf's AKA

HUDSON SAUL - Plaintiff

MCKAGAN MICHAEL - Plaintiff

ROSE W. AXL - Defendant

SLASH - Pltf's AKA

Source: http://www.sp1at.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=943

To sum up, I believe that we are looking at a release date for Chinese Democracy sometime in late October, November or early December. Fortus has plenty of downtime during his Nena tour to fly back and sort out the promotional aspects of CD, eventually finishing his tour in September. Tommy and all other members will be free from commitments by May.

The band has late September, all of October and some of November to rehearse, that should be plenty of time.

November is when I believe the CD will be released, the court case is excellent promotion for CD and if Velvet Revolver get their new album ready in time (I think they will) then both CDs are going to be played against each other which will be great promotion for both bands. Both bands record companies must release this and would be stupid to let such an opportunity pass by.

That?s my theory. I would be interested to hear your opinions.

Jonx

OMG. What drivel. Go read a book.  Angry
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2005, 12:18:18 AM »

What is ti with people pissing all over others theories.  I personally don't think we will ever see the album but I like reading the theories.
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2005, 10:28:11 AM »

Part of me believes that we'll get this album when the label pries it from Axl's cold, dead hands.

Another part of me believes that Axl is going to be faced with serious financial difficulties if the label starts asking for that $13 million back, and so he'll be forced to hand over the tracks eventually.

Yet another part of me believes that the reason that things have been so quiet in the GNR camp lately is because there's actual work being done. We know that Axl likes to record the final vocals last of all, so it's possible that's what he's been doing all this time, hence not needing the other members around.

But then, one last left-over part of me knows that I have absolutely no idea what's going on at all.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2005, 11:39:33 AM »

yeah   brain said that he saw axl the last time about a year ago. so all points to axl recording the FINAL vocals. but it could also be that he just doesn`t want to release CD, because he feels comfortable in his situation now, as he isn`t pressurised and he isn`t always in the spotlight.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: