Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 05:04:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why Bucket left; why Robin won't
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why Bucket left; why Robin won't  (Read 13660 times)
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2005, 09:53:11 PM »

Can YOU imagine being in a working relationship with Axl?

I think the reason Buckethead left is quite possibly more personal than everyone thinks.
Being in a band really is like being in a marriage.
If it's not fun, then what's the point?

And as for Buckethead's parts.
If he's not in the band, his stuff shouldn't be on the CD in my mind.
They won't be able to recreate it live, so why bother?

The new Guns N' Roses is already viewed as Axl & Friends.
Chinese Democracy shouldn't be Axl & Friends + Every other musician on earth.

The band should show what THEY can do.
If they're a proper band, they'll prove that they're a functioning unit. Not just a bunch of guys with outside musicians on every second track (Brian May, Dave Navarro, Josh Freese, Buckethead, Moby, Shaq? ha ha ha...)

How will the album have any kind of cohesive feeling if there are different musicians on each track?

And whoever said that Buckethead gave the band credibility........
I think you should ask people outside this board about that. Most people who saw the VMA's were like "Why the fuck does that guy have a KFC bucket and a mask on?"

I love Buckethead as a musician.
As a member of Guns N' Roses... No.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2005, 10:33:43 PM »

Everything that has been stated is mere conjecture. We know nothing about what happened and what  is happening. And that is exactly the problem with the new GNR.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2005, 11:28:54 PM »

Enough time has passed for bucket's parts to be stripped. I actually expect it.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2005, 11:30:00 PM »

Can YOU imagine being in a working relationship with Axl?

I think the reason Buckethead left is quite possibly more personal than everyone thinks.
Being in a band really is like being in a marriage.
If it's not fun, then what's the point?

And as for Buckethead's parts.
If he's not in the band, his stuff shouldn't be on the CD in my mind.

not that i think any professional band/bandmember expects it to be all fun...
i know what you mean... when you hear comments like we've heard from other band members...
sure there is the distinct possiblity that there wasn't the kind of personal connection that's needed to keep a band/bandmember going with/in a band

and as much as i enjoyed his performance with GN'R and think he's an amazing guitarists and would LOVE to hear what he contributed...
I also, am of the mind/heart ?that there are enough ghosts on stage with GN'R when they play matrial from the old lineup... ? playing BH material without BH being in the band is just adding another ?Sad

okay... if they kept a few pieces ... but leads in every song? ?it'd be like starting out from the gate with something missing

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2005, 11:39:21 PM »

Enough time has passed for bucket's parts to be stripped. I actually expect it.

i tend to think so also.
richard's recent comments that he and robin "switch off leads and rythm"...
"switch" being present tense...
(or present-perfect tense even - it's been a long time since hs grammer  Grin)
strongly implies that the frame of reference is the performance on CD

like when we refer to a cd we say "so and so plays this"
even though it was recorded in the past...
we refer to the parts being played in the present-tense not the past-tense

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2005, 02:54:28 PM »

I dont see how BHs parts can be stripped if he didnt help write some of those parts. Plus I am sure other people like Brian May will appear on the album but he is not on the band. Only time will tell. Id still love to hear BHs parts on the album but like Dizzy said they have 3 versions of most of the songs, so I guess they could alread have versions without BH

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2005, 03:39:50 PM »

I dont see how BHs parts can be stripped if he didnt help write some of those parts. Plus I am sure other people like Brian May will appear on the album but he is not on the band. Only time will tell. Id still love to hear BHs parts on the album but like Dizzy said they have 3 versions of most of the songs, so I guess they could alread have versions without BH
if they do say wouldn't you like to hear them duplicated live?? If you get a speed guy like him you need another guy like him to play with the same intesnity..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2005, 04:58:08 PM »

The time will tell.

If not, the timing is telling. IMO. Cheesy
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2005, 06:47:44 PM »

Why is it difficult to believe that the parts have been stripped off? Axl has done it before.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2005, 06:54:46 PM »

Its difficult to believe because Bucket is one of the most original guitarists of our generation, and he spent alot of time on the project. He had alot to offer the band. Even if he's gone from GNR forever, I would like to see what he contributed to CD. If CD comes out without Buckethead's parts, people will always wonder how great it would've been had his parts stayed on.

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2005, 07:10:23 PM »

Its difficult to believe because Bucket is one of the most original guitarists of our generation, and he spent alot of time on the project. He had alot to offer the band. Even if he's gone from GNR forever, I would like to see what he contributed to CD. If CD comes out without Buckethead's parts, people will always wonder how great it would've been had his parts stayed on.

I agree with every word of that!  ok

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2005, 07:53:00 PM »

Axl likes him a lot doesn't he? Otherwise he wouldn't have taken him to Disneyland.
(I totally understand. I'd love to go to the Disney with Bucket...)

Why is it difficult to believe that the parts have been stripped off? Axl has done it before.

I say it again. The timing is telling.
As I see it, Bucket simply wanted GN'R to tour after the new release got fixed so he made a sacrifice of himself.

Why is it difficult to imagine? Robin has done it before.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2005, 10:18:18 PM »

At different points in this process Robin's parts were stripped, as were Josh Freeze. They are both very talented musicians who invested their time and energies in the project.

Personally for a band like this to release an album of material without  players who recorded it currently in the band is a bit sketchy. It would actually lead credence to the Axl Rose Project moniker that many have attached to it.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2005, 02:20:00 AM »

Well n ext time someone interviews Robin or Richard ask them if the redid BHs parts. You would think splat would be smart enough to ask that question.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2005, 11:40:46 AM »

I don't think they aspire to ask the obvious 'what is up with gnr' type questions. They mainly inquire about their solo plans and ask some silly tidbits. As many have claimed, the band's knowledge of the album is very dubious.

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2005, 11:44:16 AM »

somebody needs to get the studio guy , caram , carem? ,, I foget his name , one of the "three" people merck named as knowing whats going .. anyways , someone needs to get him in a club and get him drunk , really drunk .. and get answers.

haha

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2005, 11:51:05 AM »

somebody needs to get the studio guy , caram , carem? ,, I foget his name , one of the "three" people merck named as knowing whats going .. anyways , someone needs to get him in a club and get him drunk , really drunk .. and get answers.

haha

I read that sodium amatol works alot better than whiskey.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2005, 12:32:39 PM »

Stripped or not, they'd still keep all the recordings somewhere.

haha
It's totally off topic and useless, but
Are you sure Merck actually NAMED anyone?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: