Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 02:13:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why do we love Axl?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why do we love Axl?  (Read 6149 times)
RichardNixon
« on: October 08, 2005, 10:51:58 PM »

Why are we so faithful? Why do we care so much about Axl Rose?s new album? Although I speak only for myself, I think I have a few reasons.

I can relate to Axl?s music. Especially the more soul-searching songs from the illusion albums.?

Also, Axl Rose is the underdog. He?s such an soft-target and so many would love to see him fail. We want our anti-hero to win. It?s like in a Clint Eastwood movie, when the hero is all but defeated and like a beaten dog, but comes back and kills everyone and is the last man standing.

Honest to God, ?Chinese Democracy? is the one thing I am looking forward to in life, maybe more so than anything else.

Axl, if you?re reading this man, please release the album ASAP. The Axl-faithful need you so much. The world is just a little dimmer without you.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 10:54:13 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
Chief
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 10:55:51 PM »

one reason is that there aren't a lot of good rock n' roll bands around these days.. most of the good ones are underground too. I just am hoping to hear some good quality music that is spread to the masses!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
RichardNixon
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 10:58:21 PM »

This may sound nutty, but Axl is an almost Christ like Messiah figure?he givers us hope.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 11:41:00 PM »

This may sound nutty, but Axl is an almost Christ like Messiah figure?he givers us hope.

It definitely sounds and is nutty.  for hells sake dude, please don't use the word "us".? I am an Axl fan too, but I, like many of "us", don't consider him christ and live by the clock waiting for him to release something to give me a reason to live.

even if I don't agree with what he does all the time, I love the mofo because he's one of the greatest frontmen ever and write the best lyrics ever.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 11:43:12 PM »

Because he insists on making a good album. Most other bands have put out at least one filler album, and Rose knows how much of a mistake TSI was. This is like his redemption.
RichardNixon
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 11:47:55 PM »

It definitely sounds and is nutty.? for hells sake dude, please don't use the word "us".? I am an Axl fan too, but I, like many of "us", don't consider him christ and live by the clock waiting for him to release something to give me a reason to live.

even if I don't agree with what he does all the time, I love the mofo because he's one of the greatest frontmen ever and write the best lyrics ever.

Well boo fucking hoo!
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2005, 11:49:48 PM »

Well boo fucking hoo!

don't cry, you'll at least have the good old stuff if nothing else.
Forever Axl
Opening Act

FOREVER AXL

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2005, 11:50:49 PM »

Axl is fuckin' awesome in my world, I really love what he brings lyrical wise and performance wise, his songs are down right classics and can't match up to any other bands, that's a proven fact, just look at Sweet Child O' Mine, what a beautiful song, and so much soul was put into it...but all of his music has power behind it and I believe he's a true genuine one of a kind! I haven't seen him perform live before, but hope to hell someday I can!! ?drool
What a question though WHY do we love him? It's hard to really describe, I tried my best describing it as good as I can, but as a fan, it's just what he brings to us die hard gnr fans that makes us love him even more, he knows how to ROCK! ?love

....Welcome to the Jungle....
~*~ Axl ROCKS my WORLD! ~*~
-Forever A Proud Axl Fan
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2005, 12:25:11 AM »

Because of the great vocals and music he gave me (us) in such a short amount of time.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2005, 12:59:08 AM »

Because he insists on making a good album. Most other bands have put out at least one filler album, and Rose knows how much of a mistake TSI was. This is like his redemption.

A redemption for TSI?  TSI was released 12 years ago.  If he wanted to redeem himself he would have done it sooner.  It takes 12 yrs to make a good album?  This better be one fuck of a good album!!!!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2005, 02:46:53 AM »

There's this famous Axl quote posted somewhere on the board.? I don't remember the exact wording so I'm just para-phrasing here but I think youze'll get the drift:

Female Fan:? I love you Axl!!!
Axl:? You love me?? You don't even know me.? If you knew me, you'd hate my fuckin' guts!!!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2005, 03:41:55 AM »

Yea man...fuck yea.

See Axl kicks ass. He kicks so much ass, that I want to kick the ass of the person who started this topic for asking dumb questions. "There aren't dumb questions?" No, there is dumb questions and this question is dumb.

Axl isn't done kicking ass, because when someone like Axl comes and kicks ass as much as he does, he doesn't go out kicking ass like Axl did. Believe it dude.

Where you literally born yesterday, or did you grow up during the time Guns N' Roses kicked everyones ass?

Fuckin anyway...

Why do we love Axl? Because he kicks ass. That's your answer yuh dee dee dee retard.

Hehe, I'm just playing
 ok

...or am I  Roll Eyes

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2005, 05:15:21 AM »

reasons I am following him, I get angry at him so I am not blind loyalist.

He is a product of my youth and fronted my favorite band of all time.. He is a rock icon and an icon to me..

He's not your average kind of guy, his wackiness and mysterious ways keep me interested.. The name guns n roses (even though I don't view this as gnr) means the world to me and always will..
i stay around because I look forward to seeing the next chapter in axl rose.. Even though at times I feel he wasted some of his youth, and has even wasted time on this project..  I know whatever he does will be or should be good,... I still follow all the gunners new gnr-vr, but my excitment and ways aren't that same as say 1991
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2005, 08:00:46 AM »

There's this famous Axl quote posted somewhere on the board.? I don't remember the exact wording so I'm just para-phrasing here but I think youze'll get the drift:

Female Fan:? I love you Axl!!!
Axl:? You love me?? You don't even know me.? If you knew me, you'd hate my fuckin' guts!!!

I love this quote!  Can anyone find the exact quote?  That's priceless.  Also, I think the allure of Axl stems from his brutally open nature and all too honest lyrics an rants...along with the most kick-ass vocals and stage presence ever!  For instance, I had a buddy visiting who hasn't heard or seen anything GNR in about 5 years, and while playing Scrabble and Monopoly, I threw in the Chicago '92 show.  He was floored!  Of course, I had to be rather quick on the mute button because half-way through, my 2 year old son would run through.  Thank goodness mommy was there to whisk him away!  (but he does say "oh boy! whenever SCOM's opening comes on Smiley )   

Axl's fans remind me of Howard Stern's.  Both men are brutally honest.  They freely admit they aren't the happiest people in the world.   These guys also fought hard to get to where they are today.  Neither one is a yes-man, and neither one bows down to authority.  No record company controls Axl, and no broadcast company controls Howard.  99.99% of people in this world are controlled by someone or something else, be it a company they work for, or in some ways a spouse they are married to...these guys are basically living the dream we all have deep down inside...."deep down inside," (sounds like the end of You aint the First)  hihi

peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2005, 08:14:35 AM »

Thats easy! Axl is Axl. Straight in your face. Take him for what he is. You will either love him or hate him. He sticks to his guns. My kinda guy! love

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2005, 09:40:17 AM »

Why are we so faithful? Why do we care so much about Axl Rose?s new album? Although I speak only for myself, I think I have a few reasons.

I can relate to Axl?s music. Especially the more soul-searching songs from the illusion albums.?

Also, Axl Rose is the underdog. He?s such an soft-target and so many would love to see him fail. We want our anti-hero to win. It?s like in a Clint Eastwood movie, when the hero is all but defeated and like a beaten dog, but comes back and kills everyone and is the last man standing.

Honest to God, ?Chinese Democracy? is the one thing I am looking forward to in life, maybe more so than anything else.

Axl, if you?re reading this man, please release the album ASAP. The Axl-faithful need you so much. The world is just a little dimmer without you.

Richard this is a fantastic post. I couldnt agree with you more. The man is a genius and yes the music world is a lot dimmer without him on the scene! But I do beleive that we are so very very close to getting the album! Good words Richard ! Mike

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2005, 10:47:42 AM »

Axl`s cool! ok

his stage presence and voice is unbelievable and he`s definitely a cool guy.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2005, 11:14:24 AM »

I don't love Axl, I get off on the energy that fill the world around me as I listen to the vocals scream and wine with anger,hurt,love, or what Axl throws at the music. That I love.....   

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2005, 02:02:31 PM »

im not impartial towards any of the members of gnr, but i think the great thing about Axl is that he hasnt released chinese democracy.

"What are you on?" is what you're saying now. but think about it. in a world where record companies force musicians into so many decision, choose which bands people listen to, sue 12 year olds and format cds so they only work on certain types of cd players (and in some cases aer designed to wear out fast), its a shining example that Axl is still saying "Fuck you, its not ready".

amen.

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2005, 03:37:01 PM »

because he is the best frontman ever  ok

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: