Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 10:37:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why do we love Axl?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why do we love Axl?  (Read 6148 times)
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2005, 06:45:53 PM »

the best frontman ever (IMO)
one of the greatest rock vocalists ever
one of the greatest songwriters ever
fuckin kicks all kinds of ass and bows to NO ONE
does as he fuckin pleases, no matter what the reprecussions
i mean obviously the fans have gotten burned sometimes because of that, but god damn, that freedom.. that's rock n roll peace
he is fuckin insane :OK:
and then he just creates some goddamn amazing music
there is something spiritual about it, and universal, and raw, and potent and powerful. and real. it is amazing.
regardless of what axl himself is like, i don't really know i've never met the guy, but the things he creates, the energy, the life, the vitality, the strength, the vulnerability, in his music he has created something larger than himself. and that's something i think we have all connected with. i don't think the religious comparison is far fetched at all. music is spiritual, and in that respect, axl is my messiah.

robots.
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2005, 07:01:33 PM »

I don't love him  ok

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2005, 10:42:44 PM »

Female Fan:? I love you Axl!!!
Axl:? You love me?? You don't even know me.? If you knew me, you'd hate my fuckin' guts!!!

that is funny but if I recall correctly, he didn't actually say that to a fan.  he said it to an interviewer when the subject came up
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2005, 06:04:32 AM »

I am not faithful to Axl, but I do love him, I only listen to old GNR and its all great, but I do not give a fuck about the new music, new album, new members and I think axl is now an ugly peice of shit and cant sing and should give up.

LONG LIVE AXL, SLASH, DUFF, IZZY, DIZZY, STEVEN, MATT AND GILBY~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and to a lesser extent Buckethead. peace

the best frontman ever (IMO)
one of the greatest rock vocalists ever
one of the greatest songwriters ever
fuckin kicks all kinds of ass and bows to NO ONE
does as he fuckin pleases, no matter what the reprecussions
i mean obviously the fans have gotten burned sometimes because of that, but god damn, that freedom.. that's rock n roll peace
he is fuckin insane :OK:
and then he just creates some goddamn amazing music
there is something spiritual about it, and universal, and raw, and potent and powerful. and real. it is amazing.
regardless of what axl himself is like, i don't really know i've never met the guy, but the things he creates, the energy, the life, the vitality, the strength, the vulnerability, in his music he has created something larger than himself. and that's something i think we have all connected with. i don't think the religious comparison is far fetched at all. music is spiritual, and in that respect, axl is my messiah.
All this is true, but replace all the "Is" with "Was"
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 06:08:08 AM by Mr Apple Pie » Logged

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2005, 08:34:04 AM »

Because he is one of the most intriguing people in the musical business  peace

Axl is never black or white he is always somewhere in the middle. He is a rockstar but at the same time he is a recluse. He has fame,money and success but at the same time he is fightin against his personal demons.He can perform like a madman and he can sing like he is spittin venom but at the same time i think he he feels insecure and fragile inside.i like him because he is multidimensional

and we will love him even more when he will announce the release date of CD beer

homo homini lupus...
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2005, 02:49:45 PM »

God It's love and I don't love him  hihi
Anyway I think people idolatre him because he is such an Icon in music, he's a living legend that lives aside, let me dare to say, John Lennon, Freddie Mercury, Elvis Presley.
Axl is such important to music industry like these fellows  ok

No man can be my equal
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2005, 04:01:21 PM »

Well I must admit, that I care about Axl, even when I dont know him, why?

Because, He has inspired me to do some great things in my life, such as , Learning English as once I told you,  -- yes it was some years ago, even when I havent completely dominated it-- There are some other things that Axl, and OLD Guns N' Roses, have, changed in my life, and inspired, that maybe if I had the time to write them, I would do it, anyway, I have spent 4 years of my life, developing some kind of logo, dedicated to Axl Rose, wich has some special meanings, I will soon post it in a special topic, wich will read... "My homenauge to Axl Rose" or something like that... anyway again, The world needs people like Axl Rose, to remind us that we can do whatever we want, with fear, normal emotions, and being successful, hated and loved at the same time...  I honestly dont know if Axl reads this kind of things, specially mine, but I believe,  he reminds the people -- the fans -- who once praised him and still do, as a Semi God,  some one as Honest, that he can fuck you off, if he wishes, in order to get what he wants....

well dudes, have some fun, live your life, it wont last forever...
mitchejw
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2005, 07:12:23 PM »

Consider this...if Axl were like any of the "famous" MTVers out there...he would have had to play the game. He would have had to become so distorted by image and PR that Axl Rose would look more like all the other crappy eighties bands.

Here's the thing...Axl was so violent, violitle and down right humanistic that we could all relate in some way. He appealed to some primitive instincts that all of us have. These are not always good instincts/emotions...but I'll be damned if they weren't real. Jessica Simpson rolling around her billion dollar mansion or Gwen Staffani talking about holla back girls is hardly something we can all relate to. These are "artists" singing about their lifestyles, not their emotions.

The masses are not appealled by this kind of specialized niche picking that most pop stars of today are exploiting. This is not to say that Axl won over all the key demographics either...but he won over a lot of them.

When Axl got rich and famous...he either changed what he was all about...or he decided that being in the spotlight all the time wasn't his gig. You can't expect the man to give up the money though...would you?

These songs that Axl may or may not release on Chinese Democracy have an element of this niche picking going on in them in the fact that he isn't singing about drugs, sex and alcohol anymore (atleast the small sample we've seen so far). He does explore other rhealms which are equally relatable but take a bit more thought. A more mature, but equally volitile Axl Rose.

The problem is...somewhere during this maturity process...he lost way.

...He may never find it again
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2005, 07:36:39 PM »

why do we love Axl?

besause we love Guns N' Roses and Axl IS Guns N' Roses.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
mitchejw
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2005, 08:18:04 PM »

wow...how profound
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2005, 09:51:17 PM »

why do we love Axl?

besause we love Guns N' Roses and Axl IS Guns N' Roses.

I disagree.  While I think he's definitely one of the greatest frontmen of all time, he's not Guns n' Roses.  I guess he is, in a way, because he's retained the name, and he's the only one left.  But GnR had many people behind him that were just as much GnR and helped found the band, and whom I would consider to have been Guns N' Roses, along with Axl.   
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2005, 10:11:20 AM »

hhmmm let me count the ways i love axl lol.lets start with the toes and then ankles then knees then hmmm hips yeah you thought i was gonna say  ''cock'' lol naaa really it's the raw talent of his singing that got me first.going further up you get the brains axl has in that head of his.thats a plus even with the hot body he has ! but really id go with raw talent really i would.he just gets me in a good mood lisening to him sing.

the one an only horsey !
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2005, 10:15:57 AM »

As much as I hate to conform I have to agree with alot of opinions on this one.  The lyrics Axl wrote back in the day definitely hit the mark and meant alot to me when I was growing up.  I could identify with the majority of it.  That coupled with the controversy and the mystery are the things that legends are made of.  And watching a guy go from nothing to legendary status in about five years is something you don't see very often.

I just hope that there are enough old gunners running around that still care enough to make Chinese Democracy worth the lifetime of shit that's culminated in Axl's life - assuming of course it eventually sees the light of day.  And finally, I'd love to see Axl standing tall atop the pile of shit that is the rock music industry of today.

horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2005, 01:04:24 PM »

an then again (drinking  later lol) his cock does sound good afterall.maybe thats why he sings so good. ha a perfect cock would do that he he he !

the one an only horsey !
misterbrownstone
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2005, 05:24:12 PM »

i wrote a paper about axl once.? here it is:

What is a hero?? There are many different characteristics that define a hero.? Someone that I think is a hero is, Axl Rose. Heroes in Mesopotamia were thought to dominate nature.? Axl shows he can be above nature by the fact that his band, Guns N? Roses, has played during thunderstorms.? This shows that Axl and his band can dominate over nature, because they damage their equipment, but played on.? Another trait of a Mesopotamian hero is their ability to subdue their enemies.? Axl has shown his ability to subdue his enemies on many occasions.? He has beaten out other bands from Los Angeles to find fame and fortune.? He has also beaten his ex-members in court many times.? The fact that he is the best musically and he can win in court shows he can restrain his enemies.? He also has been know to administer justice.? He has jumped off of the stage and beat people up for taunting him.? He also has yelled at people during concerts for hurting others, and won?t continue the show unless they are kicked out.? The fact that he can defend himself and others in times of need shows he can administer justice.? Finally, a Mesopotamian hero remains aloof.? This is one of the traits that Axl does best, due to the fact he hasn?t been seen since 2004, and hasn?t had an interview since 2002.? He has been working on his masterpiece album, Chinese Democracy, for 12 years.? The fact that he hasn?t been seen or talked to in years, and his constant tweaking of his album shows that he remains distant from the rest of the world.? The Guns N? Roses frontman, Axl Rose, is easily what you could consider a hero in many different ways.? He dominates nature, he subdues his enemies, he administers justice and remains aloof.

it's compairing a hero of yours to mesopotamian heroes and shit.? some a lot of it i just pulled out of my ass, so don't yell at me if some of the "facts" aren't true.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: