Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:06:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227869 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why Chinese Democracy?
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why Chinese Democracy?  (Read 8802 times)
shaun
« on: January 27, 2006, 04:50:13 PM »

Why is the next new Gn'R album called Chinese Democracy?

Is it because the Chinese as a nation are over controlled?. Something about Tiananmen Square protests of 1989?. Does it have something to do with their shit attitude towards animals? Even Google can?t operation properly in China. Is Axl hopping with the release of Chinese Democracy then things might chance for the better.

A friend posted me this link today. Its secret footage shot in China. After seeing it, I kinda put me off fur and people who wear fur for life. Doesn?t Axl like to wear fur coats???

http://www.nonlosapevo.com/
 Sad  Sad  Sad
misterbrownstone
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 05:01:41 PM »

because the first was called 2000 intentions (for the year 2000).  when that came and went, Axl needed a name that couldn't possibly occur before the event happened, hence, chinese democracy ok
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 05:21:42 PM »

because the first was called 2000 intentions (for the year 2000). when that came and went, Axl needed a name that couldn't possibly occur before the event happened, hence, chinese democracy ok

Shocked

That's a hell of an explanation!
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 05:28:42 PM »

Axl needed a name that couldn't possibly occur before the event happened, hence, chinese democracy ok

So far, so good, but you never know...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 05:41:19 PM »

well i'm glad as hell that he didn't finish it for 2000 because that's the lamest album name i've ever heard  rofl rofl rofl

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Jonathan
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 05:43:11 PM »

well i'm glad as hell that he didn't finish it for 2000 because that's the lamest album name i've ever heard? rofl rofl rofl

What does the album title have to do with the music?
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 05:55:14 PM »

well i'm glad as hell that he didn't finish it for 2000 because that's the lamest album name i've ever heard  rofl rofl rofl

What does the album title have to do with the music?

Did I say it had anything to do with the music?  and hey, what's the point of this whole thread then? Grin

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2006, 05:57:33 PM »

Remember Astro-Creep 2000?  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2006, 07:15:23 PM »

"2000 Intentions" is a rumored song title.

No... it was a rumored album title

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2006, 07:16:00 PM »

because the first was called 2000 intentions (for the year 2000).  when that came and went, Axl needed a name that couldn't possibly occur before the event happened, hence, chinese democracy ok

"Chinese Democracy" has been the working title at least since 1999.  That's when Kurt Loder first broke the story on MTV and talked to Axl by phone on the air.

As far as 'why CD', no one really seems to know.  And in my opinion he should've gone with something else.  While CD is legendary and has to stick due to the time that has gone by and limitless associations with it, I think the title itself as well as the whole marketing trip sucks.  I hate the new China-funked GN'R logo.

ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2006, 07:38:52 PM »

I don't think the album was ever titled 2000 Intentions...
Wasn't that just a rumour that came from Hit Parader, or something like that?

I could be wrong, but I don't remember 2000 Intentions ever being mentioned by anyone in the GNR camp.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2006, 07:51:19 PM »

The emotion in this next song, that's all that it's about. It's not like an intelligent song, it doesn't have the answer to anything. But it's the title track of the record which, God willing, we will finish. And it's not necessarily pro or con about China. It's just that right now China symbolizes one of the strongest, yet most oppressive countries and governments in the world. And we are fortunate to live in a free country. And so in thinking about that, it just kind of upset me. So we wrote this little song called "Chinese Democracy".

Axl Rose - House of Blues, 1/1/01
shaun
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2006, 03:54:17 AM »

That video is disgusting and if i was to see such an horrific thing happening to beautiful animals i would skin the fucking cunt doing it no questions asked :anger:
Same here. That piece of footage in one of those blocks where the animal is rolling around furless in the back of the truck is the most horrific thing I have possibly ever seen in my life. I'd fucking use a potato peeler on him and I aint kidding.

I can't get that image outta my head, its going to stick with me for months. It goes beyond what my mind is capable of thinking of how much pain that dog must have felt.
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2006, 04:21:58 AM »

I hate the new China-funked GN'R logo.

ARGH!  Me to!!

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2006, 05:07:44 AM »

ARGH!? Me to!!
Well, its better than no logo at all. Roll Eyes

Queen of Everything
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2006, 05:41:20 AM »

ARGH!? Me to!!
Well, its better than no logo at all. Roll Eyes

Well  I liked the old one better... Grin

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2006, 06:01:39 AM »

Axl probably just named the album after the title song, 'Chinese Democracy'. A lot of bands have done that...

Fuck 'Em All.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2006, 08:39:37 AM »

i guess he liked the sound ot the words......

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2006, 08:41:10 AM »

It's a pun.

China doesn't have any democracy and we don't have an album peace
shaun
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2006, 09:40:13 AM »

OMG:

Clearer with sound:
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=fur_farm
 rant
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2006, 10:26:43 AM »

http://www.petatv.com/downloads/fur_farm.zip

That is without a doubt the most brutal animal abuse video I have ever seen.
Are these people human? Atleast they can kill the animals rather than skinning them alive.  rant

Fuck 'Em All.
Warren
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2006, 10:32:04 AM »

Perhaps Madagascar88 did the video and it is fake...

Just kidding. peace
shaun
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2006, 01:03:02 PM »

NIN's Trent Renzor has got behind the saving of cats and dogs in China too. He's even made a made video:
http://www.peta.org/
Trent Renzor

Sir Paul McCartney slams Chinese fur trade, vows no future concerts in China. Nice one Paul.
http://www.progressiveu.org/122041-paul-mccartney-slams-chinese-fur-trade-vows-no-future-concerts-in-china
Paul McCartney slams China

I sure hope Axl's Guns n'Roses follows suit  Smiley
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2006, 03:23:57 PM »

Because it's AXL Rose's Album. IF it is George Bush album, I'm sure he will name it " Iraq Invasion"
Hahahahahaha....just kidding...

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
Karma_Police
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2006, 09:42:14 PM »

Because Chinese Democracy is an oxymoron. Kinda like the thought of a new Guns N' Roses album Tongue
Sagolik
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2006, 01:48:55 PM »

it?s a cool name=)

"Well some say I'm lazy, And others say that's just me
Some say I'm crazy, I guess I'll always be"
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2006, 11:17:06 PM »

why not

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2006, 06:11:04 PM »

yea i've been thinking about the title of the new album recently...

given what has happened politically in the last 5/6 years, I think it would be an appropriate time for axl to rename the album, to comment on the bush admin. and the war on terror, etc.

for example he could call it 'american democracy,' sort of a satirical and sarcastic comment on how the bush administration, like the communist party in china, manipulates the american public (e.g. war in iraq) for their own benefit.  americans think they have democracy but really, when like 66% disapprove of war in iraq, it's not really a democracy

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2006, 08:28:34 PM »

if you think wearing fur from raped animals are bad, take a look at you own goddamn clotes, they are most likely made from real human beeings that suffers under the exact sam conditions.... suck on that.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
alexh0618
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2006, 08:50:25 PM »

if you think wearing fur from raped animals are bad, take a look at you own goddamn clotes, they are most likely made from real human beeings that suffers under the exact sam conditions.... suck on that.
I don't think the person that made my clothes or pretty much everyone elses was skinned alive by a fucking chink asshole. Go get fucked in the ass and come back once you wipe the white juice off.

On the subject of the album title, I wasn't that thrilled about it when I first heard it but it has such a long history behind it. If they change it, people will not know at first that it was the album that took a decade to make.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 08:54:55 PM by alexh0618 » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2006, 09:29:01 PM »

Go get fucked in the ass and come back once you wipe the white juice off.
Thats one of the shittiest insults I've seen around here in a long time. Completely uncalled for. If thats all you can say to someone, then you're totally useless here. Why dont you do us all a favor and go back to mygnr.

alexh0618
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2006, 10:45:03 PM »

Hey, I didn't mean to be that harsh, but I worte it right after I saw that video. I just had to put my dog down last week so i'm kinda in a bad mood and seeing that video, and that post made it worse. OK

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2006, 11:07:21 PM »

Hey, I didn't mean to be that harsh, but I worte it right after I saw that video. I just had to put my dog down last week so i'm kinda in a bad mood and seeing that video, and that post made it worse. OK

Thats a really lame excuse for posting such garbage and insulting erose like that. The LEAST you could have done was send him an apology by PM. But you mygnr wackos are so used to constantly insulting each other that you think everybody does it. We dont. Oh well, I'm just gonna start ignoring you and some of the others who recently joined here and are trying to take this forum down to the level of the other forums. Hopefully, the other members here will do the same.

alexh0618
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2006, 11:41:14 PM »

FYI, James, I have been coming to this site alot longer than mygnr but became a member here after I did there. I have been coming to this site for a good 3 years now but only started posting things in the summer. The only thing I have done in that site in the past few months have been downloading a few videos, and I look into the musician board. So don't think that just because someone makes a comment that you don't like makes them a person bleeding mygnr colors. I personally don't care for that site much either.
Gordi
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2006, 04:06:36 AM »

I remember someone on this message board telling me the song was inspired by a film: Kundun by Martin Scorsese.
I might be wrong but check it out. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119485/
WARose
Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2006, 11:16:58 AM »

Thats a really lame excuse for posting such garbage and insulting erose like that. The LEAST you could have done was send him an apology by PM. But you mygnr wackos are so used to constantly insulting each other that you think everybody does it. We dont. Oh well, I'm just gonna start ignoring you and some of the others who recently joined here and are trying to take this forum down to the level of the other forums. Hopefully, the other members here will do the same.

chill man hihi    i don`t like mygnr either, but you are recently posting about this a little to much i think ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
shaun
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2006, 11:26:33 AM »

Animal Help - Help Animal's
http://www.truecolor.741.com/ANIMAL_HELP.HTML

There are links to NIN's Trent Reznor's bit he did for PeTA, Sir Paul McCartney on the BBC and a Pamela Anderson poster.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2006, 12:16:38 PM »

I don't think the person that made my clothes or pretty much everyone elses was skinned alive by a fucking chink asshole. Go get fucked in the ass and come back once you wipe the white juice off.

On the subject of the album title, I wasn't that thrilled about it when I first heard it but it has such a long history behind it. If they change it, people will not know at first that it was the album that took a decade to make.

my point is that we as human beings are so double talking when it comes to fur animal and shit like that... we eat meat, fish and pultry every day even tho we don't need to, we cut down the forrest and kill off lots and lots species even tho we don't need to, we buy and wear clotes from slave owners, even tho we don't need to etc. etc. I'm not saying i'm a fan of fur clothes, but i won't go around throwing shit at'em just because they have other preferences than most people. to me it sounds mostly like a jelous call, or just simple double talking jive, motherfucker!...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2006, 12:39:21 PM »

Animal right? Yeah, it's good, but what does it have to do with CD?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2006, 12:44:44 PM »

/jarmo
Maybe Axl plans on a release date announcement during a PETA commercial? hihi

Queen of Everything
Legend

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2006, 04:34:29 PM »

/jarmo

Yeah, thats what I said...  but then I read the first post of this thread.  (and deleated my post) yes

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2006, 06:04:42 PM »

i don`t like mygnr either, but you are recently posting about this a little to much i think
Why is it that anytime I mention something more than once, somebody mentions it? Oh I forgot, I'm the only person here that has repeated themselves so I stand out. confused

WARose
Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2006, 07:41:52 PM »

i don`t like mygnr either, but you are recently posting about this a little to much i think
Why is it that anytime I mention something more than once, somebody mentions it? Oh I forgot, I'm the only person here that has repeated themselves so I stand out. confused

no but you included the word "mygnr" in at least 5 posts the last days hihi

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2006, 07:52:24 PM »

Well, I've noticed that more people from "insert word here" have been posting here lately, and none of their posts have been constructive. You can always tell who's from "insert word here", because their posts always have a negative, insulting, smart ass vibe.

alexh0618
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2006, 11:54:39 PM »

Well, I've noticed that more people from "insert word here" have been posting here lately, and none of their posts have been constructive. You can always tell who's from "insert word here", because their posts always have a negative, insulting, smart ass vibe.

Ok, so everyone from now on that says something you do not like is from mygnr?  Roll Eyes

O yea, by the way, don't your posts usually have a negative vibe?  yes
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2006, 12:04:53 AM »

O yea, by the way, don't your posts usually have a negative vibe?? yes
You haven't been here long enough to come to that conclusion. Even if they are what you consider negative, my posts are never insulting, and I dont attack other members. The extremely high amounts of class and intellect in my posts completely counteracts the slight negative aspect.

alexh0618
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2006, 12:15:57 AM »

You haven't been here long enough to come to that conclusion. Even if they are what you consider negative, my posts are never insulting, and I dont attack other members. The extremely high amounts of class and intellect in my posts completely counteracts the slight negative aspect.

I have been reading these boards for a few (3) years now but started posting during summer '05 as stated above.

I never said your posts are insulting or attacking the other members.

That last line just shows you how much of a smart ass you are.
WARose
Legend

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2006, 07:52:47 AM »

I have been reading these boards for a few (3) years now but started posting during summer '05 as stated above.

I never said your posts are insulting or attacking the other members.

That last line just shows you how much of a smart ass you are.

yeah but at least he isn`t insulting other board members like you?re doind right now ok

Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: