Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 10:57:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227992 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  WHY ALL THESE THREADS??
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHY ALL THESE THREADS??  (Read 9605 times)
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2006, 10:06:34 PM »

What the fuck? You think this is our job?

We do this in our free time!

Some days we have more of it, some days less.

If certain new posters didn't have a thing for the Start New Topic button, we'd have a bit more free time.

/jarmo

I'll agree here. I was on when the madness was at its highest and the mods were busy deleting posts of newbies asking for the leaks (who weren't reading the rules). This was just in one thread that expanded to 6 pages in under a minute.

And an easy way of not getting annoyed at the new threads is to not click on them. You can tell by the titles what its about. When you have 300 people on the site and only 2 mods on duty, what do you expect. Give them time to handle them.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 10:12:07 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2006, 10:07:25 PM »

How about someone makes a FAQ thread with all the info that we know about the leaks and what has happened over the past couple of days and pins it at the top of the first page? That would probably cut down on the threads asking questions about the leaks that have already been discussed.

Theoratically, this is not a bad idea. But that's assuming people will read the FAQ. It looks like everyone's going crazy and doesn't bother reading what's already been posted. When you create a thread about radio stations that have played the demos, you see some people open new threads on the same subject. Unfortunately, I don't think it would be much different with a FAQ  Undecided

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Megaguns
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2006, 11:22:07 PM »

I notice something today that all of the threads created yesterday, Some were really active while on page 1, but now they are on page 3 & 4 most of them are dead.
 Bummer.... some good topics back there   no
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2006, 11:30:13 PM »

I notice something today that all of the threads created yesterday, Some were really active while on page 1, but now they are on page 3 & 4 most of them are dead.
 Bummer.... some good topics back there? ?no
Yeah it sucks how these newbs ruined that. Like i said earlier, very interesting discussions going last night/early morning, I go get something to eat, comeback and the newbs have like 2 pages of new threads. I never seen anything like it. This place is gonna go crazy when the album is actually released.

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2006, 12:17:10 AM »

The internet won't be able to handle that... It's gonna crash. Then people can bitch about Axl Rose.. But really.. Im sure it will calm down. I'm new and I started like one thread.. I like posting here and Im sick of the 10 year olds giving the new peoples a bad name.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
WVGnR61
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2006, 12:32:21 AM »

people are excited, and excited people only have one thing on their mind and thats to get what they ahve to say off thier mind, thats why all the new posts
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: