Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:23:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227922 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  why not a bigger interest for robin finck?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: why not a bigger interest for robin finck?  (Read 9432 times)
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« on: February 20, 2006, 05:21:04 AM »

i mean this guy is the lead guitar player of guns n' roses, the person who litereally (well, almost) filled slash' shoes and took over his place in gnr. he's a fascinating character and still i hardly ever see you guys discussing him. how come? i can't wait to see what robin has contributed to gnr, all you guys seem to talk about is richard and buckedhead, i don't get it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 05:24:49 AM by ThatCertainSomeone » Logged

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 05:23:32 AM »

for me I barely know the guy.. I know some people know his work well and have the boots on overdrive, but for me I only know very little about him and whatever I saw in 02.. Iw ill get to the know all the members once cd starts.... I'm not one to find out about the artists until they allow me through new material..
godiva
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 05:37:06 AM »

Same for me. As I said in another thread, I would love to read some interviews with the band members so I can get to know them better. I was hoping for some interviews in 2002, but I guess there wasn't a lot of attention in the media here in Holland. Too bad.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 06:00:16 AM »

Robin Finck is a good player. I'm glad he's in, I don't mind his little mistakes on the solo's cause I know / knew he would do awesome stuff in studio. I always pointed people out that the intro before paradise city is awesome and has a unique vibe. I hope somethings on the album with that solo thingy he did. Just awesome. Finck has certain specialties which some people overlook. His Patience solo is very unique too. Just great. Don't forget the blues. People and the guns fans will really embrace him when the album is out.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
hally187
Rocker

Booooiiiiiiinnnngggg

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 06:09:22 AM »

Finck seems unconventional for a rock guitarist, not in a bad way, its good to see, he hits some amazing notes, I think he's struggled to be as good as RIR3 but once they actually get touring again he will be back, playing his own songs for a change! He's hard to get into because theres pretty much nothing about him on the internet, other than a few little tidbits of info... You simply cant get to know him in that respect.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 06:11:09 AM »

Finck seems unconventional for a rock guitarist, not in a bad way, its good to see, he hits some amazing notes, I think he's struggled to be as good as RIR3 but once they actually get touring again he will be back, playing his own songs for a change! He's hard to get into because theres pretty much nothing about him on the internet, other than a few little tidbits of info... You simply cant get to know him in that respect.

what he do know that he likes travelling, played in circus soleil (if I'm correct) and has a great website, makes nice art / photos. He's a true artist. I hope there's some artwork of Finck in the cd booklett or anything

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 06:11:34 AM »

Robin is amazing. He did struggle a little at that show, but if you remember right he had just come back into gnr and didn't even know Bucket. I can't wait to see him on tour this time around. The guy is soo interesting.
amyl

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 06:12:21 AM »

well, fact is that the spotlight was stolen by Buckethead.

Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 06:12:48 AM »

I used to hate the fact that "The dude from Nine Inch Nails" is playing guitar for GNR, but he's really impressed me so far.  Robin plays with a shitload of passion, and you dont see that much anymore.

My only complaint...is that he should never, ever be allowed to play the November Rain solo again.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 06:17:02 AM »

i think he's fine guitarist. i really love the TWAT solo

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 06:18:45 AM »

well, fact is that the spotlight was stolen by Buckethead.

that's kinda true., but now there's no bucket anymore..... or so I think. I think that caused the major delay, trying figuring out what to do with them parts

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 06:26:39 AM »

I bet there's gonna be more interest once they release something and/or tour.

He's even got his own t-shirt at the official GN'R store....  Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

The only man to pull off a Red Suit - BfoOt

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2006, 06:28:21 AM »

Robin is a totally amazing guitarist.. what he did at Rio III and the NIN tour was just ace... I have been impressed from day one by this guy.

He is also a great guy and has great creative drive in everything he does.

A lot of people on a certain other forum bash the hell out of him "because he looks like a goth"....

I say Fuck that!

07-06-2006 -- Hammersmith Apollo.
11-06-2006 -- Donington Park.
30-07-2006 -- Wembley Arena.

www.robinfinck.com
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2006, 06:30:00 AM »

Lousy image + sloppy player = who cares?

Not me, at any rate ...

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

The only man to pull off a Red Suit - BfoOt

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2006, 06:35:49 AM »

^ sums up the last part in my post perfectly  yes

07-06-2006 -- Hammersmith Apollo.
11-06-2006 -- Donington Park.
30-07-2006 -- Wembley Arena.

www.robinfinck.com
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2006, 07:11:48 AM »

i mean this guy is the lead guitar player of guns n' roses, the person who litereally (well, almost) filled slash' shoes and took over his place in gnr. he's a fascinating character and still i hardly ever see you guys discussing him. how come? i can't wait to see what robin has contributed to gnr, all you guys seem to talk about is richard and buckedhead, i don't get it.

'cause most people r' fuckin' hypocrits when it comes to Mr. Robin Finck, i think he is the best of the best, his playin', his style, EVERYTHING!!!

most poeple wanna cry about his goth look n' how 'gay' he is!!

ROBIN RULES!!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2006, 07:27:12 AM »

'cause most people r' fuckin' hypocrits when it comes to Mr. Robin Finck, i think he is the best of the best, his playin', his style, EVERYTHING!!!

most poeple wanna cry about his goth look n' how 'gay' he is!!

ROBIN RULES!!!

people want to do the same with BH.. Both are fine IMO, you have to remember some people have an image of what gnr should be based on how they once looked

Patience and releasing something will change minds..

Remember many people only have a few boots or demos and that's all they have to go on....  They might have an endles collection of the old stuff though so that is still the freshest image and sound to those people..
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2006, 07:30:15 AM »

I saw him with NIN live in Australia and he was nothing short of amazing. Sometimes I think he's a little out of his league playing the rock-star lead guitar player role in GN'R, but he has got some good chops, they're just a bit few and far between when he plays live.

I'm looking forward to his contribution in the studio more than anything.
Oh and I love The Blues solo that he plays. As far the TWAT solo, how can we be sure that's him? Sounds like Richard's playing to me, but who knows???

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2006, 07:38:11 AM »

I saw him with NIN live in Australia and he was nothing short of amazing. Sometimes I think he's a little out of his league playing the rock-star lead guitar player role in GN'R, but he has got some good chops, they're just a bit few and far between when he plays live.

Oh and I love The Blues solo that he plays. As far the TWAT solo, how can we be sure that's him? Sounds like Richard's playing to me, but who knows???

i was there ok

rock god hey!!! beer

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2006, 07:44:54 AM »

i was there ok

rock god hey!!! beer

Yeah, I was really getting into NIN then, and I'd heard that he'd recorded with GN'R (at the time he'd left GN'R) so I was really looking forward to seeing him live. And like I said, he was great live with NIN, maybe he felt more comfortable playing that type of stuff rather than bluesy rockers.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: