Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:42:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227922 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  why not a bigger interest for robin finck?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: why not a bigger interest for robin finck?  (Read 9433 times)
shaun
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2006, 07:53:32 AM »

robin WAS the direct replacement for slash, if we are to believe matt axl even wanted to bring in finck to play lead WHILE SLASH WAS STILL IN THE BAND!

No!!!!! Robin was gonna replace Gilby, who's contract had run out rofl

Seems Axl still gets on well with Gilby, didn't they sing in a small bar some years ago. So i guess know bad feeling between them, besides, Gilby maybe knew all those years ago that GnR would vanish for years, so he could then do his solo thing. I'm sure if the GnR lost any guitar players though illness during touring, they'd contact Gilby straight away.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2006, 08:51:20 AM »

robin WAS the direct replacement for slash, if we are to believe matt axl even wanted to bring in finck to play lead WHILE SLASH WAS STILL IN THE BAND!

No!!!!! Robin was gonna replace Gilby, who's contract had run out rofl

Seems Axl still gets on well with Gilby, didn't they sing in a small bar some years ago. So i guess know bad feeling between them, besides, Gilby maybe knew all those years ago that GnR would vanish for years, so he could then do his solo thing. I'm sure if the GnR lost any guitar players though illness during touring, they'd contact Gilby straight away.

Yeah but there is an interview somewhere (Magazine, TV, Internet) in which Gilby describes his role in GnR, and it was as a fill-in, he says he had no creative input into the band, he was just along for the ride and to help out and was done in GnR after the show in Argentina. It's a shame really, Cuz Gilby is one of my all time Favorite gunners, maybe #2 after Axl nervous *Ducks in case things get flung at Me*

(His "Pawnshop Guitars" album Rules!!! But I never followed his carreer after that album. no How are his other records?)

chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2006, 10:56:07 AM »

I'm glad someone is finally giving Finck some recognition. He is an awesome guitarist, the soloa that he was doing in Patience during 01-02 was incredible. Everyone sys how he messes up alot, I disagree, I think he is awesome and puts really good new twists on Slash's already incredible work.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2006, 11:42:04 AM »

his website is: http://www.robinfinck.com

also check out this petition from gnr fans: http://www.petitiononline.com/rfinck/petition.html

That petition isn't from GN'R fans. It's from SEVEN GN'R fans. Doesn't really mean anything.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2006, 11:45:30 AM »

I love Fincks solo at RIR....Sossego...very cool tune.  I like the swagger in it, its a very "sexy" song.  I think the dude can play too.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
88 Days
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2006, 12:18:06 PM »

I'm glad someone is finally giving Finck some recognition.
yeah he deserves it.
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2006, 12:21:14 PM »

b/c he's only a mediocre guitarist and he's filling a legend's shoes Grin
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2006, 12:23:29 PM »

I think there would be more interest if Robin had a body of work, but he doesn't even have one album under his belt (unless you count the awesome NIN live album and a few NIN remix albums).

yea good point, im a monster NIN fan and i think he did a fantastic job on tour with them, as far as his work with guns n roses, i think hes great, i dont have a problem with his look because i judge guitar plays on.....how they SOUND not their image. i think he has great stage presence and his solos are cool, especially the chinese democracy solo and even the blues....his sound is different but good.

it is not a coincedance that he played live with one of ?axl's FAVORITE bands, and axl wanted to lean in more of a NIN direction so he was a good choice.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 12:26:55 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2006, 12:24:44 PM »

I'm glad someone is finally giving Finck some recognition.
yeah he deserves it.

When CD comes out, I believe the mass public will start to see Robin and Richard the way alot of us on the boards seem them as which are bad-ass guitar players. beer

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2006, 12:27:35 PM »

I think there would be more interest if Robin had a body of work, but he doesn't even have one album under his belt (unless you count the awesome NIN live album and a few NIN remix albums).

yea good point, im a monster NIN fan and i think he did a fantastic job and tour with them, as far as his work with guns n roses, i think hes great, i dont have a problem with his look because i judge guitar plays on.....how they SOUND not their image. i think he has great stage presence and his solos are cool, especially the chinese democracy solo and even the blues....his sound is different but good.

it is not a coincedance that he played live with one of ?axl's FAVORITE bands, and axl wanted to lean in more of a NIN direction so he was a good choice.

Why do you think Robin left NIN? could it be because Axl was more of the collaborative sort than Trent? (if that is the case then Reznor must be some kinda crazy Dictator hihi )

p.s. I'm not much of a NIN fan so I'm just asking a question of NIN fans, not stating a fact or anything.

wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2006, 04:34:37 PM »

If I listened to the leaked tracks I would say that music wise Robin's input was huge... with all the people dreaming Slash will be back I think it would be like Axl "... pissing on Robin's shoes and kicking them out the door..." and somone already did it hihi... can not see Axl doing that.

vee
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2006, 04:49:49 PM »

Listen to his awesome solo in the Ghosts Of Mars OST:

http://rapidshare.de/files/13819601/John_Carpenter_-_Ghosts_Of_Mars_-_03_-_Fight_Train.mp3.html

Robin Finck rocks!

StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2006, 06:00:41 PM »

^ Thanks that ones awesome do you have "Power Station" from the soundtrack to?

StoneTempleRoses

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: