Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 03:05:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why Chinese Democracy is going to be so huge
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why Chinese Democracy is going to be so huge  (Read 7863 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: March 03, 2006, 12:10:19 AM »

Judging from what people on various gnr boards and other boards like sludge, ign and the rope this album is going to have something for everyone.  Axl was not kidding when he said this song is going to be a melting pot album.  Everyone has a different favorite song and someone may love Better the best and hate CITR but another maybe think CITR is the best and hate better.  I think CD is going to appeal to a wide range of people from 16 year olds to 40 year olds that grew up with guns.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
RichardNixon
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 12:12:52 AM »

I think what the album really needs is two real strong, catchy singles. In short, CD needs its SCOM to take off.
benchiefjr
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 12:13:53 AM »

I think a release date needs to be announced by Monday  Grin
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 12:15:46 AM »

I agree...I think if CD is going to be compared to previous gnr albums it should be compared to Illusions...all different types of songs that someone can definitely find one that they can call there fav or really identify with. ? I really can't wait for this to be released yes

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 12:23:18 AM »

Axl was not kidding when he said this song is going to be a melting pot album.

For as much as it can be a good thing it can also be a bad thing. In retrospect, for as good as the Illusions albums were they are generally critiqued for the lack of flow and scattered feeling the albums give.

It sounds like CD will suffer the same fate of being all over the map and having no real focus. There is a fine line between variety and lack of direction. Axl needs to tread very carefully.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 12:29:45 AM »

The GOOD the BAD the Ugly   GUNS N ROSES  UYL ERA !

all different types of songs  thats okay for me .

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 12:32:41 AM »

One thing we have to keep in mind is that Axl has said in the past that he is working on multiple albums, so these leaks could be from different albums. Meaning that each album will be focused on a specific kind of sound. I might be wrong, but that's just a thought that CD might not be as all over the place as the illusion albums were because I think with the illusion albums they just put pretty much every song they had on the records and put them out there.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 01:00:04 AM »

Judging from what people on various gnr boards and other boards like sludge, ign and the rope this album is going to have something for everyone.? Axl was not kidding when he said this song is going to be a melting pot album.? Everyone has a different favorite song and someone may love Better the best and hate CITR but another maybe think CITR is the best and hate better.? I think CD is going to appeal to a wide range of people from 16 year olds to 40 year olds that grew up with guns.
I pretty much agree with you here, dave. But I have serious doubts that teenagers will be able to connect with what Axl is doing. Lyrically, Axl is taking things to a high level and I dont think many teens will be able to relate. Look at this forum for example. Quite a few of the people not liking these songs are very young. They just dont understand it. It will be like that even more in the real world. Only way this catches on is if there's some simple rock tune that gets major airplay, or if teens start buying CD because its the "cool" thing to do at the moment.

big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 01:19:10 AM »

3 CD....WOW...THAT`S HUGE....... ok   I THINK IT`LL BE AN EPIC ALBUM...MORE THAN THE ILLUSIONS  love
LET`S HOPE TEENAGERS BUY THE ALBUM...IF THE MAGNAMENT IS GOOD..MAYBE THEY WILL  MAKE IT... beer

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 01:23:44 AM »

Axl was not kidding when he said this song is going to be a melting pot album.

For as much as it can be a good thing it can also be a bad thing. In retrospect, for as good as the Illusions albums were they are generally critiqued for the lack of flow and scattered feeling the albums give.

It sounds like CD will suffer the same fate of being all over the map and having no real focus. There is a fine line between variety and lack of direction. Axl needs to tread very carefully.

Yeah but if I wanted that I would listen to AC DC who just keep writing the same songs and albums over and over again. Axl likes to mix it up and that is why his albums and sounds never sound a like. Think about it, no two gnr songs (save dont cry) sound anything a like. They all have a very different feel and sound unlike a band like AD CD who just make the same kind of songs over and over and its gets really boring.

They can call it lack of focus or direction all they want but I will take 14 unique songs on an album over an album of 14 songs that all sound a like or have the same style.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2006, 01:29:22 AM »

I think what the album really needs is two real strong, catchy singles. In short, CD needs its SCOM to take off.

I don't think they will have another #1 single. The band is far too out of the time of importance for this music and it won't happen. They could land a top 20 single I would say... but not no SCOM.

Gn'R can't get a #1 single right now. No matter what. It just won't get up there with the pop and rap hip hop be bop wooo wop BS that is out there.

The album will take off. It will probably go platium within 2 months max. I say within a month if they promote it correctly.

But hey, it's been promoted for not being released... why bother?  peace

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Chief
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2006, 01:37:08 AM »

they may get a #1 rock single, that is very likely.. but yea with all the crap that is infiltrating the charts it will be difficult to get #1 even with the best song just because of the listening habits of people these days....

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2006, 02:21:43 AM »

I really hope it is huge, I may not always agree with the using of the name, but I rather see them succeed then fail being it is a gnr album... Plus my love for axl's voice and the positive feedback can only better our chances or hearing him yet again (with not the same wait, I hope hihi) So lets hope he sets the wheels in motion.. beer

I also fear that talent doesn't always dictate success in today's watered down music industry, plus the idea of waiting so long for anything no matter how good it may be might really hurt this project... One thing is for sure it won't be hurt from lack of people talking about it in the music media..

So lets hope everything goes well and that cd isn't one of those really good albums that goes over everyone's head and was released and the wrong time in life... Always remember you switch november rain with estranged and one would be th other hit wise getting air time to this day..
speed_stone
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2006, 02:25:07 AM »

being a teenager is hardly an excuse, i was seven and loving axl's lyrics.
who needs the dumbfucks, they come in all ages anyway. fuck'em.
badapple81
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2006, 02:29:22 AM »

I think you'll find a lot of fans like say 4, 5 or 6 songs totally different to another set of say 5 or 6 songs another will love. It's so diverse that I'm sure a lot of fans will love the entire album, but I think there will be something for everyone on at least a few tracks.
speed_stone
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2006, 02:34:32 AM »

there will be something for everyone

at least a few tracks

you really like quoting axl, don't you Roll Eyes
badapple81
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2006, 02:43:27 AM »

Actually I hadn't even thought about it. So unless you are contributing to the topic keep your rolling eyes to yourself  ok
Megaguns
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2006, 04:58:52 AM »

who says we have heard the best yet? I say there are gonna be some fukin bad ass tunes on there we dont even know about yet.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2006, 05:01:01 AM »

I think it will be huge cause of the great songs.........and if it really will be 3 cd's with strong material it wil be the biggest comeback ever.  Smiley

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2006, 06:10:51 AM »

I don't think they will have another #1 single. The band is far too out of the time of importance for this music and it won't happen. They could land a top 20 single I would say... but not no SCOM.

Gn'R can't get a #1 single right now. No matter what. It just won't get up there with the pop and rap hip hop be bop wooo wop BS that is out there.

I think GNR could get to no. 1 again, I think a catchy rocker could make no. 1 quite easily. The rock scene here in the UK is certainly looking better than it did a couple of years ago. The big band in the UK at the moment are The Arctic Monkeys, there first 2 singles have gone to no.1 there album has been no.1 for about 5 weeks now as well. I admit they're no GNR but they are a hell of a lot closer to a GNR sound than most of the shit out there today. If rock begins to enter the mainstream again and is accepted and is reaching no.1 in the charts again then I see no reason why a well hyped return from such a legendary band as GNR, with a catchy rock song as a first single could not make no.1 in the charts.? ?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: