Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 08:18:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  why chinese democracy wont leak
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: why chinese democracy wont leak  (Read 16267 times)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2006, 05:46:44 PM »

^
maybe they played them because they leaked? Undecided

Exactly!? They were played because they leaked. Good call.

I've always thought this to be the case too... when people use the "isn't it STRANGE that the leaks are what was played this summer!?" line... I laugh.

gnrevolution.com
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2006, 07:55:52 PM »

^
maybe they played them because they leaked? Undecided

Exactly!? They were played because they leaked. Good call.

I've always thought this to be the case too... when people use the "isn't it STRANGE that the leaks are what was played this summer!?" line... I laugh.
what adds further creedance to the suggestion, is that 2 weeks prior to the leaks, Axl broke his silence and made reference specifically to 2 of the songs that leaked - 1 of which we'd never heard of prior to this. That to me, is fishy

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2006, 08:02:09 PM »

I actually wont download anymore leaks.

I still kick myself for DL what I did.

I should've stopped after IRS

Same here.

It's coming out this year.? The only reason why I heard the leaks were because at the time we had no idea when CD was coming.

I can wait a few more weeks.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2006, 08:21:41 PM »

Well Axls got alot to live up to, so im sure he needs all the sales he can get. hes gonna work his ass off to not get it leaked.

html sucks
RTK
Headliner

« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2006, 08:32:34 PM »

What about what RCA did for Contraband.  The album didn't leak untill a while after it was released.  The cd's were protected and couldn't simply be ripped.  Im sure that Interscope needs a lot of revenue to be generated off of this album, so theyll do their best to keep it from leaking.
crimson_joel
Headliner

Canada Loves GNR

« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2006, 11:54:21 PM »

Albums are always shipped to stores usually the Friday before release (I work at one), during the Christmas season they usually are shipped 1-2 weeks in advance.

Meaning: I would be VERY suprised if GNR does not leak.

School's Out + GNR + Daily Show = Priceless.
shoup
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2006, 12:13:37 AM »

What about what RCA did for Contraband.? The album didn't leak untill a while after it was released.? The cd's were protected and couldn't simply be ripped.? Im sure that Interscope needs a lot of revenue to be generated off of this album, so theyll do their best to keep it from leaking.
That protection wasn't  to good. All you had to do was turn autorun off and rip it.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2006, 01:01:15 AM »

Albums are always shipped to stores usually the Friday before release (I work at one), during the Christmas season they usually are shipped 1-2 weeks in advance.

Yeah, at Christmas time they have to ship them earlier. Same with DVDs.

All it takes is one dishonest employee.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2006, 10:58:41 AM »

Yeah, at Christmas time they have to ship them earlier. Same with DVDs.

All it takes is one dishonest employee.

Most of the leaks end of coming from inside the record companies anyways.

I'm assuming the album will  be up either the Friday or Monday before it's released just like every other album ever.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2006, 05:59:20 PM »

What about what RCA did for Contraband.? The album didn't leak untill a while after it was released.? The cd's were protected and couldn't simply be ripped.? Im sure that Interscope needs a lot of revenue to be generated off of this album, so theyll do their best to keep it from leaking.

Bullshit. That album leaked 8 or 9 days prior to release. i had it. It was the wal-mart edited version, but still, it leaked. That copy protection was crap anyhow. The day Contraband came out, i bought it(uncensored!), then ripped it to MP3's with no problem.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2006, 06:32:53 PM »

What about what RCA did for Contraband.  The album didn't leak untill a while after it was released.  The cd's were protected and couldn't simply be ripped.  Im sure that Interscope needs a lot of revenue to be generated off of this album, so theyll do their best to keep it from leaking.

Bullshit. That album leaked 8 or 9 days prior to release. i had it. It was the wal-mart edited version, but still, it leaked. That copy protection was crap anyhow. The day Contraband came out, i bought it(uncensored!), then ripped it to MP3's with no problem.

The unedited one was on the newsgroups around the same time as the edited one was floating around as well.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2006, 11:16:42 PM »

The unedited one was on the newsgroups around the same time as the edited one was floating around as well.

If you have autorun disabled on your PC the copyright protection on those CDs is useless.

If autorun is enabled it automatically installs a hidden software on your hard drive.

I'm pretty sure they don't do it anymore because it was eventually labelled a form of trojan/virus software, because it was unauthorized installation...or maybe that was the one on the Foo FIghters album...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: