Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 11:21:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  why chinese democracy wont leak
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: why chinese democracy wont leak  (Read 16269 times)
shoup
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2006, 12:24:23 AM »

Who cares if it leaks or not?
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2006, 12:25:58 AM »

I kknow what you mean shoup, I for once, do not plan on hearing the leak if/when it does.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2006, 12:54:06 AM »

It probably won't leak as most albums do, but they send previews to critics, and believe it or not a lot of film/music leaks are because critics actually do it, and in fact the Academy Awards started sending critics "exploding" discs last year that would last for I think 24 hours and then like implode and turn into dust, weird shit! Anyway as far as I know they aren't doing this with albums.

And someone mentioned Coldplay but just think of how many people have been waiting to hear CD, Coldplay releases a new album every couple years really (give or take). So if it falls into the wrong hangs of ANYONE it's very likely it will leak.

Problem is Axl doesn't have complete control over the security of the album - Geffen workers are the ones who are going to be passing it around for work, think back to when they gave MTV the preview and Mr Vics heard it, they were blaring it out the open balcony, not all Geffen workers are going to treat this with the care Axl's camp might.

I won't say it's def gonna leak but it very well could. In the Internet age all it takes is one wrong person, one guy whose best buddy loves GN'R and he gives him a copy of the disc and the buddy previews it for another pal, and the other pal makes a copy, and soon it's on iTunes, and soon it's being shared on P2P2.
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2006, 05:35:23 AM »

Copies sent to the media for review are ofter watermarked, there's like a different distinctive crack on each track & CD so that the leak version could actually tracked back to the owner of one particular copy.
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2006, 05:40:56 AM »

If it leaks 4 or 5 days before its in the shops then I would download it.. Ive waited this long that theres no point spoiling it for a few days extra...
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2006, 05:42:08 AM »

The only time the album might leak (and probably will do) is during the manufacturing process of the disc it'self. The only way they could stop a cd leaking is if security were to stop and search every employee as they exited the manufacturing plant each day/night. And lets face it, your average security guard don't earn much and probably wouldn't give 2 f*cks if a compact disc (or two) left the building. The only interest security really have is in people breaking into a building etc.
ComeOnAxl!
Rocker

Sup Ya Brew 2 !

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2006, 05:47:43 AM »

Axl's doing it the right way, who wants to listen to the internet idiots leaking an album, that we have all been waiting for for nearly 10 years!

Bow!
eggers
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2006, 06:03:58 AM »

The reason is simple. 90% of the time an album leaks the band does it

That is bullshit, it is usually workers in manufactoring plants or even workers (or their kids) at the record company. Not everyone holds this album up to what people here do, its just another release.
AtariLegend
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2006, 06:05:21 AM »

Anyone who wants to here it
sea of black
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2006, 06:15:39 AM »

I hope it leaks then I won't have to buy it! hihi
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2006, 06:22:37 AM »

..and what about the big time counterfeiters, Mafia, Triads who will set up plants to copy the album and sell to fund terrorism and fuel the drugs trade etc.

Here in the UK there are so many Chinese selling copied dvd's you wouldn't believe it. You would have thought this sort of thing would remain in city locations, but no. Where i live *in a smallish coastal town* there are even Chinese counterfeit DVD sellers here. They will approach you in the street and open up a bag filled with copied dvd's (just the disc and cover, no box). These people can barely speak english (although their english is better than my Chinese admitedly).? peace ..they even have the nerve to approach people in bars who are happy drinking a their beer.

..part of me is thinking, sod the Chinese democracy. China should keep the Chinese in China, behind that big wall of theirs?hihi
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 07:07:59 AM by codenameninja » Logged
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2006, 06:26:06 AM »

I care if it leaks.  Why?  Simple... if people can get it without paying for it, they will.  If the album doesn't break even, the band are fucked and the chances of seeing the (rumoured) other two albums they've recorded go down the pan, as Geffen are probably just waiting for a chance to drop the band that's given them so much shit over the last 10 years.
AtariLegend
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2006, 06:37:14 AM »

It?s sacrilege to think Axl not worth it
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2006, 07:19:25 AM »

It might be worth downloading CD, and then waiting to see if Jap's get an extra track on their version (and buy the Jap release of CD).
sea of black
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2006, 07:46:15 AM »

I didn't say it wasn't worth it, I'm just fed up of adding to the huge greed of all those involved in the mainstream music industry.
How many houses/cars/planes etc does Axl need, it's a pretty disgusting way to live if you ask me.
AtariLegend
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2006, 08:16:50 AM »

I didn't say it wasn't worth it, I'm just fed up of adding to the huge greed of all those involved in the mainstream music industry.
How many houses/cars/planes etc does Axl need, it's a pretty disgusting way to live if you ask me.

If Axl has created the greatest album of all time with no dodgy leaks, then he can own his own small island for all I care
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2006, 08:30:59 AM »

If Axl has created the greatest album of all time with no dodgy leaks, then he can own his own small island for all I care

I'm not expecting the greatest album of all time, i'm just expecting a good album, and from what i have heard of new material, it's sounding good. The only thing that CD could suffer from is being over worked on, and lacking any real freshness, something that only comes with good new bands that are full of new ideas and bags of energy.
mikec
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2006, 09:04:19 AM »

It's not really considered a leak, but there is a store in my town that gives out new albums early you just have to ask the right guy.  I should have it in my hands by the Thursday before whichever Tuesday that it comes out.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2006, 09:53:37 AM »

Either way it will leak.
all albums leak these days.
either way, there will always be those that buy albums and those that don't ..buy'em & get them some other way..
..copy
download
steal
etc
peace
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 09:56:51 AM by codenameninja » Logged
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2006, 10:06:15 AM »

It's called capitalism, we aren't running a communist country here. Also, you're saying that people that have a talent that helps others (yes, music can be seen as something that society needs) shouldn't be rewarded? Should highly skilled doctors not be paid? I'm not saying that it's fair that the rich get richer, but as a "fan" you should support the artists you care about. On one hand you're saying that it's unfair that certain people in the music industry make a lot of money, but on the other hand you're saying it's ok to steal. Which one is worse? I'm not trying to start a "piracy" debate, as I'm pretty sure that almost every one of us has been guilty of it at some point. Just trying to add some perspective.

Raven
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: