Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:31:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227923 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A great opportunity to announce CD release date.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: A great opportunity to announce CD release date.  (Read 8361 times)
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2006, 11:25:18 AM »

Please read the other posts in the thread, I made a 2nd post.? I said that the 1.2Billion was the potential audience, that is how many people have access to the show this evening. If 100million people watch the show are you telling me that wouldnt be good publicity? Can you imagine how word of mouth would spread tomorrow.....

And like I said, this is only my opinion. For fuck sake, sometimes it isnt worth posting on this board, whatever you say you get shit thrown back at you. Everything right now is pure speculation.

Is it inconceivable to think that a recording announcing something hasn't already been made and given to MTV today?

« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 11:35:38 AM by meanmachine73 » Logged

Keep em under your wheels.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2006, 11:33:54 AM »

Are GnR gona be on the show?

They can't. They are playing tonight.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2006, 12:04:28 PM »

Please read the other posts in the thread, I made a 2nd post.? I said that the 1.2Billion was the potential audience, that is how many people have access to the show this evening. If 100million people watch the show are you telling me that wouldnt be good publicity? Can you imagine how word of mouth would spread tomorrow.....

And like I said, this is only my opinion. For fuck sake, sometimes it isnt worth posting on this board, whatever you say you get shit thrown back at you. Everything right now is pure speculation.

Is it inconceivable to think that a recording announcing something hasn't already been made and given to MTV today?

Then why don't you edit the original post so that you don't get people like me who crack up at a post such as yours and feel the need to respond. 
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2006, 12:11:22 PM »

Because it will be shown to 1.2Billion people thats if they decide to watch it!    Grin   Relax.

Oh and thanks for contributing to the thread.. 

Keep em under your wheels.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2006, 12:53:42 PM »

yeah and why would an american band announce something on a brit award show Undecided

wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2006, 01:04:14 PM »

yeah and why would an american band announce something on a brit award show Undecided

it is europe award show and not brit award show? Tongue ... and it was just on TV and they said more than 1.5 billion people Shocked will watch it, so give the guy some credit  ok...

anyhow, I doubt we will see anything there... but maybe who knows... at least there were not so much whiners while Guns were in Europe this summer.
give_it_a_rest
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2006, 01:05:04 PM »

It's not a brit award show, it's a european award show, that is something completely different. Europe is much more than just England, in fact most europeans don't see England as Europe. But I agree with you it don't make sense to me either to announce it in Europe, also because it would creat a lot of confusion. Because they have to announce 2 or 3 release dates , because album releases are over here first in Holland and Germany and some other countries on Fridays, then Monday for the UK and Tuesdays? for the US.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2006, 01:07:08 PM »

sorry, but whatever .... america isn't part of europe Tongue ...isn't that show for european bands only? anyway if he didn't announce it at the VMA's it won't be done here either peace

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2006, 01:07:42 PM »

well the first single of some newish american band Lips Sealed made its debuit at a bbc radio show.

Gnr is hell international. Anyways,  agreed that the announcement of the century won't make an award show.
Or it would be lost in a throng of news about the award winners, the performances, their clothing and so on.  Besides it might well be taken as an arrogant act.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2006, 01:09:02 PM »

GNR are HUGE in Europe, thats why.

But, Axl has not taken advantage of MANY golden opportunities to plug a big release date in the past.? I wouldn't count on this at all.

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2006, 01:16:18 PM »

sorry, but whatever .... america isn't part of europe Tongue ...isn't that show for european bands only? anyway if he didn't announce it at the VMA's it won't be done here either peace

It's not just for European bands.  The Killers are playing, as far as I know.

But, no, I can't see it happening.  It just wouldn't make sense.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2006, 01:34:40 PM »

Its one of the biggest show in the world!!!

And its not only for european musicians/celebs. Snoop, Diddy, Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake will be there and many others. If this wasnt a huge show they wouldnt have showed up in little Denmark.

I live very close to where the show will be broadcasted from and Copenhagen have been very proud to host this show. However I have not heard anything about a announcement from GNR or anything else regarding GNR...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: