Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:55:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227922 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A funny GNR moment with my mom
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: A funny GNR moment with my mom  (Read 5916 times)
gnr420
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2006, 03:17:33 PM »

in the most retarded voice i can come up with "mommy likes talkin to me about guns n roses!!! i loveeeee guns n roses!!!!" ok
VIP

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2006, 03:39:52 PM »

My mom once mixed up Thin Lizzy and Lynyrd Skynyrd, calling it Thinard Lizard.
That was fun. Grin
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2006, 06:37:30 AM »

worst post ever rofl

Yes, it's almost as worthless as your "what a pile of poo" post in this thread: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=39768.msg803695#msg803695

Thanks for the post emanc, I've been in your position before, it is kind of funny talking with your parents about GNR and trying to explain everything to them.

2nd worst post ever rofl

Would you like me to go into great detail as to why I found that crappy cover of scom a pile of poo just to make my post more interesting for you to read? Or should I just be able to express my opinion without someone with a greatly inflated sence of self importance like you moaning about it. Bore off Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 06:42:28 AM by W. Adam S » Logged

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2006, 07:37:17 AM »

When I first read this title, it seemed really funny to me, cause after years and years of "forcing" her to listen to Guns N' Roses, she's now a big fan. This past summer, she was ready to follow me to some gig in Europe, but she never made it due to work.

Every gig I did in Greece (Adler's Appetite, Tommy Stinson, Gilby Clarke) she was in the first row...

Anyway, last night I was out and suddenly I got a call from her.

She was watching her favourite TV show, a greek one, and she tells me that after the end of the show she read Guns N' Roses on the screen but she didn't read the rest.

I'm like "WHAT THE FUCK"... THIS IS IT. THE RECORD IS COMING OUT AND I FIND OUT FROM MY MOTHER, WHO FOUND OUT FROM TV...

A few seconds later, I call a friend of mine, who watches the same TV show, and he tells me that Guns N' Roses, as mentioned after that show, is a shop which sells guns in Crete, and they provide that particular TV show with Guns...

Damn I said... There goes the album.

It's all Axl's fault as usual.  rofl

anythinggoes
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2006, 07:48:18 AM »

When I first read this title, it seemed really funny to me, cause after years and years of "forcing" her to listen to Guns N' Roses, she's now a big fan. This past summer, she was ready to follow me to some gig in Europe, but she never made it due to work.

Every gig I did in Greece (Adler's Appetite, Tommy Stinson, Gilby Clarke) she was in the first row...

Anyway, last night I was out and suddenly I got a call from her.

She was watching her favourite TV show, a greek one, and she tells me that after the end of the show she read Guns N' Roses on the screen but she didn't read the rest.

I'm like "WHAT THE FUCK"... THIS IS IT. THE RECORD IS COMING OUT AND I FIND OUT FROM MY MOTHER, WHO FOUND OUT FROM TV...

A few seconds later, I call a friend of mine, who watches the same TV show, and he tells me that Guns N' Roses, as mentioned after that show, is a shop which sells guns in Crete, and they provide that particular TV show with Guns...

Damn I said... There goes the album.

It's all Axl's fault as usual.? rofl

What and you didnt start a new thread asking if anyone else had seen it and what did it mean  rofl
ty182
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2006, 08:01:01 AM »

some of you people gotta loosen up a little and laugh every once in a while instead of crapping on anyone whom you deem not funny at all.

remove the pole out of your arse.
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2006, 12:20:28 PM »

some of you people gotta loosen up a little and laugh every once in a while instead of crapping on anyone whom you deem not funny at all.

remove the pole out of your arse.

Troll allert!!

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2006, 01:21:50 PM »

Kind of you, W. Adam S, to alert us to yourself.  Huh

So my mom who loved GNR back in the 80's (She is 40 now) asked me whats going on with GNR after the radio station we were listenting too played a GNR song and they did a quick mention of the Portland show GNR cancelled. And she said is The Edge still in G'N'R? LMFAO. I told her Edge is in U2 and Slash was who she was thinking of.  And I told here Slash left the band and etc. I thought that was pretty funny. I thought GNR fans might find this funny. Yeah its random but its humurous which us Guns fans need.

Amusing story but I can't really laugh...I'm usually like your mum about many bands I like.
I'm too lazy to study details of a band. The name of the band that makes interesting music and/or performance is all you need to know in finding the cds, concert tix etc... hihi
ty182
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2006, 04:23:41 PM »

troll alert?
zigthis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2006, 09:31:19 PM »

I played 'Since I Don't Have You' for my moms during a road trip a few months ago and she loved it.  Halfway through she asked who it was and I said Guns n' Roses (which she hated vehemently when I was a teen), and she was shocked/impressed.  She says "See, they can play nice music when they want to give up all that screeching!".  Just then the last chorus comes in "IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII don't ha-ave..."   Funny...

The best was my pops, who watched half of the Ritz/MTV show with me before he sauntered off  - "Fuckin drug addicts....I can play a guitar better than that...".   
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2006, 11:00:41 PM »

Kind of you, W. Adam S, to alert us to yourself.  Huh

My thoughts exactly.

Anyways, I was talkin' 'bout the MPLS show about a month ago, and my Mom started talking about the 01.21.92 show. It was really weird and random.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2006, 12:23:05 AM »

And she said is The Edge still in G'N'R? LMFAO. I told her Edge is in U2

Oh ok, that Edge.  For a second I thought she was talking about that crappy-ass wrestler.

W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2006, 06:32:42 AM »

Kind of you, W. Adam S, to alert us to yourself.? Huh(im a cock)

So you think Im a troll, I dont sign up to a board and tell everyone they have a 'pole stuck up their ass' just to wind them up LOL. I was just expressing a light hearted opinion and then had to defend it against some fucking 'internet bully' who was sad enough to dig up a comment I made about a shitty cover version of SCOM which I quite rightly branded a 'pile of poo'. Im getting sick of these self righteous keyboard warriors who think they are Gods gift to the internet. What gives some of you people the right to decide whether my contribution was worthwile, If I want to make a 3 word post I will.? rant Rant over Smiley
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 06:25:19 AM by W. Adam S » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: