Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:07:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227923 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why so silent GNR?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why so silent GNR?  (Read 16763 times)
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2016, 12:36:41 PM »

Thing is, a press conference would be a bad idea. You'd have journalists (who love drama) asking awkward questions and trying to pry, which could potentially open up old wounds and derail things.

That would be my concern.

Some dude reading Axl's past quotes about Slash right back to him, and asking him to speak on them.  With Slash sitting right next to him.

Awkward as hell.  I see no upside there.

'Axl, what did you mean when you called Slash a 'cancer and better removed?' -smug journalist chuckle-, am I to assume you're fine with being 'cancer ridden' as it were?'

'Slash, back in 1995, you said Axl thinks GNR is his solo project, and you've said he never had any respect for you. What's changed?'

Cue awkward silence followed by quiet cancellation of all tour dates.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2016, 12:45:56 PM »

Thing is, a press conference would be a bad idea. You'd have journalists (who love drama) asking awkward questions and trying to pry, which could potentially open up old wounds and derail things.

That would be my concern.

Some dude reading Axl's past quotes about Slash right back to him, and asking him to speak on them.  With Slash sitting right next to him.

Awkward as hell.  I see no upside there.

I could see an Eddie Trunk which is friendly with all the guys doing an interview. A free-for-all press conference is too risky I agree.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2016, 12:47:59 PM »

Whole lotta negative spin in this thread.  I'm not buying a whole lot of it.  

Does it surprise you at all?

The so called happy times are now focusing on how things could be wrong. All hypothetically speaking.
I guess the happiness of the regrouping got old already?  hihi

Personally, I think it's pretty exciting times. I refuse to buy all the negative coming from certain corners of the so called fan base. More of the usual.
I never was one of those people hoping there weren't any shows because in my mind it automatically meant something else would replace that activity. I'm more about enjoying the moment.

Which is why I don't also don't go for the "Oh, they'll never....." routines. Axl said he never wants to release a new album? I must've missed that tweet!

How many times can a person be wrong about GN'R before they stop thinking they know what's going on or what's gonna happen?  hihi

/jarmo

Yeah, it's just bizarre to see these long, rolling hypothesis putting a negative spin on the on the reunion. Almost seems like some are going out of their way to take the wind out of their own sails.  I don't understand it.  I see nothing but great times ahead, and in my opinion there's nothing to worry about until there's something to worry about.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2016, 12:49:46 PM »

Exactly.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2016, 01:01:12 PM »

What I don't see is any of them doing it for the money alone. That part I don't agree.
They can offer me 3 million dollars, I wouldnt play with someone I hate. Both Slash and Axl appear to be men of integrity.
They must've made up, most likely thanks to Duff (NO way DIce and Tyler) , and once they made peace, then they started talking about money.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2016, 01:08:07 PM »

Whole lotta negative spin in this thread.  I'm not buying a whole lot of it.  

Does it surprise you at all?

The so called happy times are now focusing on how things could be wrong. All hypothetically speaking.
I guess the happiness of the regrouping got old already?  hihi

Personally, I think it's pretty exciting times. I refuse to buy all the negative coming from certain corners of the so called fan base. More of the usual.
I never was one of those people hoping there weren't any shows because in my mind it automatically meant something else would replace that activity. I'm more about enjoying the moment.

Which is why I don't also don't go for the "Oh, they'll never....." routines. Axl said he never wants to release a new album? I must've missed that tweet!

How many times can a person be wrong about GN'R before they stop thinking they know what's going on or what's gonna happen?  hihi

/jarmo

Yeah, it's just bizarre to see these long, rolling hypothesis putting a negative spin on the on the reunion. Almost seems like some are going out of their way to take the wind out of their own sails.  I don't understand it.  I see nothing but great times ahead, and in my opinion there's nothing to worry about until there's something to worry about.

IDEM

Wink

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2016, 01:10:17 PM »

What I don't see is any of them doing it for the money alone. That part I don't agree.
They can offer me 3 million dollars, I wouldnt play with someone I hate. Both Slash and Axl appear to be men of integrity.
They must've made up, most likely thanks to Duff (NO way DIce and Tyler) , and once they made peace, then they started talking about money.

Different levels of making up though, no?

In between "I'd rather set myself on fire than be in his presence" and "I want things to back to the way they were" there is a middle ground.

That middle ground is "We can at least be civil and put any differences aside for the sake of the work."

Could that be what's going on?  Maybe.  Who knows?

Me, personally, if that's the deal, I'm fine with it.  I was never part of the camp that treated any of these guys as personal acquaintances and concerned myself with their personal thoughts and feelings.  I simply love the music they made together and would love to once again enjoy them to continue performing it together.

If they are blood brothers again, great.  If this is simply a marriage of financial convenience, so what?  We got a great outcome, either way.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2016, 01:28:18 PM »

IMO it wouldn't make any difference if they did a press release or press conference or tv show or magazine interview.

Whatever the questions are, whatever 'they' decide to tell us, does anyone really expect it to be the god's honest truth?

Just like all the stories from all the people who somehow had a hand in getting the parties talking again, we're probably going to get just as many DIFFERENT stories from all those actually involved, including the players, especially because of all the 'awkward' things that have been said over the years.

IMO, I think they're all going to have 'fun' with any stories/answers that they give.... truth be damned!  Grin

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2016, 02:19:13 PM »

Watching David Bowie's Five Years documentary something struck me as a similar  scenario with Guns.  That being that he could have but refused to pander to demands of fans or the media, choosing instead to leave 'em wanting more, as a life style choice.  It isn't inconceivable that in being quiet, they (GnR) are letting the hype drive the demand, it doesn't cost anything and yet the world will  watching (some might say it the same ways as why some watch motor sport.. to crash and burn) to see what happens. Perhaps up to a couple of weeks before (if that even) first 4 shows I predict that no significant news occurs but that certainly after that a high yield tour programme will emerge, through announcements rather than interviews, and definitely not live ones.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2016, 02:21:47 PM »

Different levels of making up though, no?

In between "I'd rather set myself on fire than be in his presence" and "I want things to back to the way they were" there is a middle ground.

That middle ground is "We can at least be civil and put any differences aside for the sake of the work."

Could that be what's going on?  Maybe.  Who knows?

Me, personally, if that's the deal, I'm fine with it.  I was never part of the camp that treated any of these guys as personal acquaintances and concerned myself with their personal thoughts and feelings.  I simply love the music they made together and would love to once again enjoy them to continue performing it together.

If they are blood brothers again, great.  If this is simply a marriage of financial convenience, so what?  We got a great outcome, either way.
'
ah, but both things are related.
Art is never work. Maybe touring when you don't feel like it and press conferences and photoshoots (although Jim morrison took photoshoots as art as well)
Maybe some of those things they view as work. But I don't believe creating music is ever work for a real artist.

If they see a song as a work project to be delivered on a deadline, to be sold to a market, most likely that song will suck.

So even if they get together to ''work'' as you say for the sake money ,I believe even the live experience can suffer from it.

Slash and Axl are not two executives putting their differences aside for the sake of stock value, the company's worth and delivery.

However, as unlikely as I think that is, if they ever do think of GNR as a corporation, they will fail in everything they do.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2016, 02:32:51 PM »

I think we probably will get a pretty substantial interview with Axl, Slash and Duff at some point in the near-ish future - likely enough around about Coachella.  I don't think it'll be a press conference with them at a table and a bunch of hacks in a hall; but rather something like a lengthy podcast with someone like but not necessarily Eddie Trunk, or a feature piece in a rock journal like Rolling Stone.  It'll be with someone they trust.  I'm sure that the band want as much control over all the variables as possible, and while of course people want to know what happened, there's a difference between, "So, Axl, what about that 'cancer' stuff, eh?" on the one hand, and "So, how did this come about" on the other. 
As long as they have the freedom/ control to present it how they want to, they will.

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: