Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:27:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns ?N Roses: Dynamics and quality win the Loudness Wars
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns ?N Roses: Dynamics and quality win the Loudness Wars  (Read 8520 times)
AC
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2008, 10:35:58 AM »

There were two things that I wished for on this album:

1) No songs fade away; and,
2) Very little to no compression - full dynamics.

Both my wishes came true. It truly is a masterpiece...

a.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2008, 10:59:57 AM »

1) No songs fade away;

Shit, I thought I was the only who hated this!!!

Songs that ends with fade out SUCKS!  Kiss

SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2008, 11:12:28 AM »

1) No songs fade away;

Do you forgive 'Prostitute' for fading out, as it is the last song on the album (granted, not a traditional 'fade out' while lyrics are still being sung, but still a fade out)?

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2008, 04:42:12 PM »

1) No songs fade away;

Do you forgive 'Prostitute' for fading out, as it is the last song on the album (granted, not a traditional 'fade out' while lyrics are still being sung, but still a fade out)?

Well, Prostitute is my least favorite song from CD, but yet, it's fade out is what I like to call a "natural" fade out, I mean, is a fade out that can be reproduced by the band if they're playing the song live, it's not like Nightrain's studio version, for exemple...

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2008, 04:45:08 PM »

This is something, I also really enjoy, every song has a proper end, and no fade out. Even Prostitute, it hs a cclassic fade but a swell at very end concluding it.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
AC
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2008, 04:49:31 PM »

1) No songs fade away;

Well, Prostitute is my least favorite song from CD, but yet, it's fade out is what I like to call a "natural" fade out, I mean, is a fade out that can be reproduced by the band if they're playing the song live, it's not like Nightrain's studio version, for exemple...

Prostitute does not fade out. There's a string arrangement at the end that plays and becomes naturally softer and is composed that way. It's not the same thing as Nightrain as mentioned.

a.

Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2008, 04:55:12 PM »

1) No songs fade away;

Prostitute does not fade out. There's a string arrangement at the end that plays and becomes naturally softer and is composed that way. It's not the same thing as Nightrain as mentioned.

a.

Exactly. That's why I said it's some sort of "natural" fade out, because it's part of the song's arrangement. Different than selecting the last 30seconds of the song on pro tools and make an artificial fade out out of it...

AC
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2008, 05:54:27 PM »

1) No songs fade away;

a.

Exactly. That's why I said it's some sort of "natural" fade out, because it's part of the song's arrangement. Different than selecting the last 30seconds of the song on pro tools and make an artificial fade out out of it...

I know. I was agreeing with you, didn't come off that way though. My bad.

a.

wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2008, 11:23:37 AM »

some more discussion on CD from a different angle (most of the time)... for me it is way more interesting than most of the topics lately about Axl AWOL or Robin leaving...

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/mastering-forum/344568-guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy.html

hope some others will enjoy it also.
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2008, 10:00:48 PM »

I have to agree with Mr. Ludwig's comments about how layered and complex the songs are. After 30+ listenings of the record, I am still hearing things I hadn't heard before.

One of these days I'm going to listen to the CD through headphones and be totally awestruck.

It's also pretty cool that the CD was mastered up in Portland, Maine. That's only about 75 miles away from me.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: