Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 12:20:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Re: Richard Branson dressing up as Axl
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re: Richard Branson dressing up as Axl  (Read 16848 times)
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« on: October 18, 2005, 12:05:31 PM »

Am I just being hopeful? But is there any kind of relavence to this thing about Richard Branson and all the other people on the stage at this Virgin launch dressing up as Axl? I mean why would he do this? Maybe nothing to it but it just seems to be another weird kind of thing to have happened in the last month or two surrounding Guns n Roses!!

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 12:26:41 PM »

Branson a GN'R fan? I think it's safe to say Virgin Megastore will massively promote "Chinese Democracy" in their stores when it's released? Wink
I already see the big GN'R posters at Virgin Megastor: "Guns N' Roses- Chinese Democracy - on sales now".
It would be cool to have a GIANT poster in the one in Champs-Elys?es, Paris when it comes out. There's a huge Virgin Megastore there. I also though a while ago about other Giant GN'R posters in Time Squares, Trafalguare Square and other big cities/symbol places in the world. Also several commercial for the Cinema, Tv, Radiostations. The promotion strategy should be giant. The album MUST be everywhere when it drops. yeah...everywhere. I hope we will have something big. Something ambitious. Axl stopped his public career at the age of 31, in 1993, it's too young to stop, there is a revendge to take. Round 2 should come out soon I hope.

I also hope, one day, the new band will play at the new Wembley Stadium, but that's another story. The album needs to come out and be successfull before thinking to Wembley.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 12:44:21 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Evolution
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 12:32:49 PM »

Regarding any relevance to Branson dress up, there is an expression we use in the UK

"he did it for the craic"

basically a bit of fun  Wink
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 12:45:33 PM »

Am I just being hopeful? But is there any kind of relavence to this thing about Richard Branson and all the other people on the stage at this Virgin launch dressing up as Axl? I mean why would he do this? Maybe nothing to it but it just seems to be another weird kind of thing to have happened in the last month or two surrounding Guns n Roses!!

This is news to me.? You mean like everyone including him were dressed up as Axl??

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 12:48:00 PM »

Regarding any relevance to Branson dress up, there is an expression we use in the UK

basically a bit of fun Wink

Yeh thats what I thought Evolution I thought it was just for the crack not for the craic! What part of the U.K are you from then? Only messing mate! What i really meant was is why would he get all the other people in that picture dressed up as Axl it seems a bit too organised for something thats just a bit of fun!!

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 12:49:53 PM »

This is news to me.? You mean like everyone including him were dressed up as Axl??

Yeh its on the homepage in news with a picture too!!

Evolution
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 12:51:30 PM »

I thought it was just for the crack not for the craic! What part of the U.K are you from then?

Either way, it's all good  hihi

The Bonnie Highlands for me!

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 12:55:51 PM »

Is there anyone in the know at all from the states who has any more on this? I know it may be something of nothing, but it just seems a trifle odd that at a major opening of a Virgin store the owner decides to dress up as Axl along with a lot of other people on a stage or whatever it is. Maybe I'm just being ever hopeful! Please any negative people dont even bother with any bollox replies to this. Its a sensible thread? that I just wandered if there is any substance too! Mike

madagas
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 01:02:05 PM »

5-4-3-2-1  ....Saul? I'm not going to steal your thunder! Grin
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 01:03:00 PM »

5-4-3-2-1? ....Saul? I'm not going to steal your thunder! Grin

What?

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 01:09:49 PM »

Grin estranged33, it's saul's " '...........' starts now!" business.

"However, he did make sure the show went on in some fashion. Branson paraded onto a small stage with more than a dozen of his employees, all dressed like Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose."
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=1226030

SIR RICHARD BRANSON'S 'HOLLYWOOD STUNT STARTS .....
WHEN  :        Monday, October 17
WHEN  :SIR RICHARD BRANSON'S "HOLLYWOOD STUNT" STARTS AT 5:30 PM
WHERE:       Virgin Megastore/Hollywood
WHAT   : Sir Richard Branson will launch a surprise
                  camera-worthy stunt at 5:30 PM along the closed off
                  Hollywood Boulevard.
http://www.prnewswire.com/news/index_mail.shtml?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/10-13-2005/0004167653&EDATE=
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 01:12:14 PM by ppbebe » Logged
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2005, 01:13:41 PM »

Good Post Ppbebe!

My previous post to this was to ask madagas why he/she was giving it the countdown as if this thread was gonna be locked. I cant understand why it would be its a perfectly sensible and normal thread asking a reasonable question!

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2005, 01:21:22 PM »

Axl and Co. must be in contact with Richard Branson. Maybe someone at Virgin knows and could leak uot a bit more info. yes

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2005, 01:22:25 PM »

HAHA! Well, gotta say i find all the happenings the last weeks kind of strange... ?Why dressing like Axl? ?Virgin?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2005, 01:23:10 PM »

5-4-3-2-1? ....Saul? I'm not going to steal your thunder! Grin

What?

Chinese Democracy is coming!!!  hihi

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2005, 01:24:21 PM »

HAHA! Well, gotta say i find all the happenings the last weeks kind of strange... ?Why dressing like Axl? ?Virgin?

Yeh yeh me too! I just find it all a little odd!! 

SLCPUNK
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2005, 01:26:44 PM »

He is a character in general.........
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2005, 01:28:39 PM »

Yeh very true, but why suddenly dress up as him at a major opening of a worldwide music store with 12 others dressed up in the same outfits as well!! I would just be nice if there was something to it!

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2005, 01:30:22 PM »

Ya know what I mean.. This is it.. Chinese Democracy is for real and Virgin's got the inside scoop on it... My hands are shakkkken... Ok I gotta calm down... ok

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2005, 01:34:54 PM »

HAHA! Well, gotta say i find all the happenings the last weeks kind of strange...  Why dressing like Axl?  Virgin?

Yeh yeh me too! I just find it all a little odd!! 

Yay, me tree!!!  it can't be just a coincidence.

why he/she was giving it the countdown as if this thread was gonna be locked.

Naaaaaha no way Magadas means anything of the sort. No worries, mate.

He is just counting on Saul to say  his "............starts now" and make us smile. Wink
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2005, 01:36:08 PM »

This has been a fucking nice thread to start cos even if it turns out to be something of nothing it has consisted of positive responses which is no nice to read! I dont post here as much as some of you regulars cos I dont have as much time on my hands I guess, but I just cant help but think that there is something very very big about to happen in the Gnr world. There are just too many rumours flying around and then this today with Mr Branson he doesnt often do things for no reason there is usually an angle of some sort! ?

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2005, 01:38:16 PM »

HAHA! Well, gotta say i find all the happenings the last weeks kind of strange...? Why dressing like Axl?? Virgin?

Yeh yeh me too! I just find it all a little odd!!?

Yay, me tree!!!? it can't be just a coincidence.

why he/she was giving it the countdown as if this thread was gonna be locked.

Naaaaaha no way Magadas means anything of the sort. No worries, mate.

He is just counting on Saul to say? his "............starts now" and make us smile. Wink

Oh right sorry I miss read that one!! Cheers ppbebe!! Are you thinking positive thoughts on this one? I always value your opinion on things about guns

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2005, 01:38:41 PM »

Yeh thats what I thought Evolution I thought it was just for the crack not for the craic!

I really don't think Branson & Co. dressing up as Axl has anything to do with anything (CD-ish). ?I think he did it only because he knows that Axl is still most recognizable headline-grabbing 'character' in the world. ?AND THAT'S CRACKIN'!!!? ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2005, 01:46:11 PM »

What about this infamous Mysteron? Could he can shed any light on this? Whether it was just for the crack or that there could possibly be something to it?

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2005, 01:53:48 PM »

Oh right sorry I miss read that one!! Cheers ppbebe!! Are you thinking positive thoughts on this one? I always value your opinion on things about guns

Thanks. well while I think Gypsy is right, I can't see MR Virgin not counting on CD coming soon at all.

Beside, the vintage AXL look is definitely on.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2005, 01:55:23 PM »

Yeah, thats what amuse me too! Why everyone dressed like Axl?  I cant get the Tommy quote on his latest update! We Need news now!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2005, 01:56:49 PM »

Ya know what I mean.. This is it.. Chinese Democracy is for real and Virgin's got the inside scoop on it... My hands are shakkkken... Ok I gotta calm down... ok

haha, that may be a little far fetched in my opinion.  I can always ask an acquaintance of mine who works in Virgin corporate, but I have a feeling he may just look at me with a puzzled face. 
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2005, 02:16:30 PM »

What about this infamous Mysteron? Could he can shed any light on this? Whether it was just for the crack or that there could possibly be something to it?

While I agree that this topic is interesting, I can't see bothering Mysteron about it. Cool

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2005, 02:32:49 PM »

Maybe it's an internal joke between him and Axl  Cool

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2005, 02:59:05 PM »

Our high/false hopes start now!  ok

DemocracyRose
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2005, 03:19:56 PM »

Im with you on this one estranged33...

And why doing this if its means nothing...?? peace
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2005, 04:15:12 PM »

While I agree that this topic is interesting, I can't see bothering Mysteron about it. Cool

I just thought that maybe if this mysteron really has this inside knowledge on the band then he may be able to shed a little light on whether this was just a little bit of fun or if it might have some substance to it thats all. My main thinking behind this was: Have Virgin heard something from the bands record company and this was just Richard Bransons sneaky little way of dropping a hint of some sort? Because like I said in an earlier post it doesnt seem that Mr Branson does things for no reason. Why would he just think "oh I am going to promote the opening of another my stores why dont I dress up as Axl Rose along with 12 other people" Just my thoughts, because I like to be positive and I do believe that we will definetley get the announcement on the album release date this year! Cheers Mike

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2005, 05:21:52 PM »

Or maybe he's using the rumor he hears so he figures if he acts like he knows something and dresses up like someone we've all been waiting for we'll come to the store and buy something since sales are down. Ya think? I don't buy it. I think it's the begining of something special, with fingers crossed once again. peace

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2005, 05:30:35 PM »

This is very interesting. Strangest bit of news we've had this year. I would like to get my hopes on this, but look what month he decided to do this. Halloween is right around the corner. If it happened any other month, we could take it more seriously. But I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway. beer

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2005, 05:42:13 PM »

I never thought about it that way,(Halloween) you think the kids will be dressing up like Axl. I sure would, oh no  nervous I better go check Target for the costume. hihi

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2005, 05:43:32 PM »

This is very interesting. Strangest bit of news we've had this year. I would like to get my hopes on this, but look what month he decided to do this. Halloween is right around the corner. If it happened any other month, we could take it more seriously. But I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway. beer

Is this the same Jameslofton29?  Being positive? hihi rofl

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2005, 07:00:50 PM »

I'm surprised nobody put up an authentic Axl pic next to Branson's.  That would be cool.  hihi

Even better, one of the model posers from the Vogue catwalk.   Grin

The idea this could be on Virgin's timetable for a release in their stores would kick major ass!!!   Cool

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2005, 07:49:11 PM »

Here is something else to ponder!
Wasnt Bronson the one who had a reality show on Fox a year or so ago? Wasnt there some controversary as if Live and Let Die was used in the promo??

I dont think there is any connection with Bronson and Axl I just think he is just like us and a GN'R fan.. Well maybe he isnt like some of us he is worth millions.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2005, 10:01:14 PM »

Why do you think Richard would pick the Axl get up,(costume) The more I think about it the more it makes sence. This has nothing to do with Halloween and I don't think promoting Axl wear is the idea  either. What he's saying is: here's my new store, visually fucking with us says Axl's long awaited CD will be sold here. He never said why he was dressed up like Axl. I wonder why!!!!!!!!!

Gazzathecoigne
Opening Act

Mad, mental, manic Scotsman!

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2005, 10:13:37 PM »

basically a bit of fun? Wink

Think you'll find that's a Southern Irish phrase, and has nothing to do with the United Kingdom (Scotland, England, Wales & Northern Ireland).

"Smoke em if you got em...........alright that sucked!"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2005, 10:17:55 PM »

Yeh very true, but why suddenly dress up as him at a major opening of a worldwide music store with 12 others dressed up in the same outfits as well!! I would just be nice if there was something to it!

I wish....but I doubt it.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2005, 03:13:19 AM »

I never thought I'd see it! A positive post James! Fair play on you! Maybe there is something to this one after all!! Lets keep our fingers crossed then mate!

One other thing about this Richard Branson episode. This thread I started has had a lot of interest in it. But nobody who has more knowledge on the band than me, or people who claim to have some kind of inside knowledge on the band, or the dudes who administer this site have yet come on here to say its a crock of shit or anything like that yet! Just another thought, because usually when a rumour crops up or a little incident like this one, it is proved pretty quickly to be a load of? nonsence so when it doesnt it gets me pretty excited to be quite honest!! Cheers Mike
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 03:27:23 AM by estranged33 » Logged

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2005, 06:21:59 AM »

estranged33, we dont need mysteron's input to have this confirmed as something real or just bullshit. Mysteron has been wrong more times than Miss Cleo! hihi Someone else will speak up eventually. I talk to a couple so called "insiders", and they haven't emailed me about this latest news. There's a journalist I talk to sometimes, I guess I could ask him. But he usually takes awhile to respond. But seriously, if there's something to this, we should find out "soon" enough. beer

badapple81
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2005, 06:40:08 AM »

We enjoy a laugh at the bike shorts, but his unique style during the UYI dates is part of what made Axl such an interesting figure for the media and fans during the time and helped him (with his brilliant music etc) become such an icon. People have had a laugh over the years but I think now people see it as so daring and cool for the time. When I ask anyone, they remember the UYI look over the AFD leather and new-GNR braids and jerseys.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2005, 07:21:10 AM »

The kilt kicked ass!

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2005, 08:43:24 AM »

In my opinion, I don't think there was anything more to this than a publicity stunt, probably heavily influenced by the recent fashion shows which included "the Axl look".    I doubt there's any hidden meaning to it. 
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2005, 12:22:38 PM »

In my opinion, I don't think there was anything more to this than a publicity stunt, probably heavily influenced by the recent fashion shows which included "the Axl look".? ? I doubt there's any hidden meaning to it.?

Yeh maybe, but I just dont see why Richard Branson would do that. It wouldnt make any sense to do it. Like I said before that man does everything for a reason beacause he is such an amazing businessman. If he knows something then that could be a sneaky hint drop from him to get people buzzing and it incorporates Virgin as well for kind of promoting it!

shaun
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2005, 12:29:55 PM »

In my opinion, I don't think there was anything more to this than a publicity stunt, probably heavily influenced by the recent fashion shows which included "the Axl look".? ? I doubt there's any hidden meaning to it.?

RB v.funny. Maybe the new GN'R are about to sign to Virgin Records  Wink
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2005, 03:37:56 PM »

Or maybe Mr Virgin is demonstrating his intention of making a deal with Sanctuary or GNR by the stunt?

estranged33 is right,  the guy wouldn't do a stunt like this just for fun. The news is everywhere now.
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2005, 09:53:23 PM »

Again wasnt this the guy who had the reality show on Fox? and wasnt there some posts as if Live and Let Die was used in the promo for the show?

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2005, 01:29:05 PM »

Or maybe Mr Virgin is demonstrating his intention of making a deal with Sanctuary or GNR by the stunt?

estranged33 is right,? the guy wouldn't do a stunt like this just for fun. The news is everywhere now.

For sure. If those guys dressed up like Elvis, you'd think that The King is still alive.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2005, 02:04:36 PM »

Who is elvis? Huh I happen to know a singer called himself the King.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2005, 08:58:18 PM »

estranged33 is right,? the guy wouldn't do a stunt like this just for fun. The news is everywhere now.

interesting theory.

this is the 3rd time this month we've seen people dressed up as Axl though! lol!
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2005, 09:16:27 PM »

I don't see how this has any relevance Huh

Oh wait, did I hear that Richard Branson dressed up as Axl a few nights ago.  Shit, Chinese Democracy must be coming out within a few months. Roll Eyes

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2005, 03:15:21 AM »

Oh wait, did I hear that Richard Branson dressed up as Axl a few nights ago.? Shit, Chinese Democracy must be coming out within a few months. Roll Eyes

Very pessimistic!

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2005, 03:42:51 AM »

Oh wait, did I hear that Richard Branson dressed up as Axl a few nights ago.? Shit, Chinese Democracy must be coming out within a few months. Roll Eyes

Very pessimistic!

On this topic, yes.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2005, 07:07:13 AM »

Very pessimistic!

On this topic, yes.

I'm not trying to start a row here at all but I just wandered why you are pessimistic about this topic? Does it not seem at all weird that one of the worlds most successful businessmen would choose to dress up as Axl Rose at the launch of one of his stores along with 12 other people? Like I said previously in this post Richard Branson never seems to do anything without a reason!

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2005, 08:02:07 AM »

Very pessimistic!

On this topic, yes.

I'm not trying to start a row here at all but I just wandered why you are pessimistic about this topic? Does it not seem at all weird that one of the worlds most successful businessmen would choose to dress up as Axl Rose at the launch of one of his stores along with 12 other people? Like I said previously in this post Richard Branson never seems to do anything without a reason!

The reason is because it's in style now!!!! Duh!! Roll Eyes

Famous people always dress "in Style"

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=23113.0

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2005, 09:45:21 AM »

For that, I don't see any reason to be pessimistic about this news.

a piece of widely reported news about a public stunt a certain English tycoon of some mega conglomerate pulled masquerading as Axl is irrelevant only to a GN'R board, I don't think.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2005, 12:12:41 PM »

this is the 3rd time this month we've seen people dressed up as Axl though! lol!
I guess I haven't been paying attention (as usual? Embarrassed )? Who were the other two?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2005, 01:34:13 PM »

Who were the other two?

Models n a designer. Check out  neemo's link above, oh but make sure you finish off your drink beforehand, I warn ya.  Angry
 hihi
interesting theory.
Hehe thanks Eva  Grin
the 'maybe' bit is just one of idle speculation short of sophistry and doesn?t deserve to be called a theory tho. 
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2005, 02:17:05 PM »

Very pessimistic!

On this topic, yes.

I'm pessimistic because maybe he just likes Axl (which is very pausible).  You know, there are a lot of people in this world who like Axl.  I dressed up one holloween as Axl.  Now I know I'm not Richard, but he's a normal guy like you and I. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2005, 08:26:19 PM »

I guess I haven't been paying attention (as usual? Embarrassed )? Who were the other two?

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=23113.0

the original thread post includes a picture of designer John Galliano

and a Japanese designer dressed all his models up as Axl Rose http://www.vogue.co.uk/shows/photos/Default.aspx?showID=2610 (thanks to ppbebe)

and.... if this pic is recent, make it  the FOURTH time this month

Chyna  Shocked
thanks to megafi at the GNR Bar
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2005, 01:53:45 PM »

Eva, I was drinking coffee. rant

Oh wait, did I hear that Richard Branson dressed up as Axl a few nights ago.  Shit, Chinese Democracy must be coming out within a few months. Roll Eyes

I'm pessimistic because maybe he just likes Axl (which is very pausible).  You know, there are a lot of people in this world who like Axl.  I dressed up one holloween as Axl.  Now I know I'm not Richard, but he's a normal guy like you and I. 

I guess This is where you went off the beam.
If I'm not mistaken The guy has built up Virgin record and everything on his own hook. (no idea when Virgin was founded).  I don't see such a guy would squander any his public minute.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2005, 01:55:40 PM »

Eva, I was drinking coffee. rant

lol!? scary eh?

...and oh, yeah - it was an interesting choice for him to make for this promotional event...

makes me remember when they had all the eminem lookalikes come out for that VMA show.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2005, 02:03:11 PM »

Yay, and so were my computer screen n keyboard. Now these are OK I wiped them. Wink

And a side note.

A while back a rock writer mentioned CDs coming soon during his tall stories. It's safe to assume there's some expectation circulating among these people for some reason or other.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?PHPSESSID=95ad640fb4d18984559c36b9cebd82a1&topic=22907.0
http://www.gothamist.com/archives/2005/10/06/mick_stingley_lowrent_rock_critic.php (Thanks to rainX)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 02:29:57 PM by ppbebe » Logged
badapple81
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2005, 02:50:38 AM »

The phrase ?out of sight, out of mind?, certainly does not apply to Axl Rose, frontman of Guns ?n Roses. Sir Richard Branson, entrepreneur, founder of Virgin Airway founder/Virgin Group empire had Axl Rose on his mind when he opened his new Virgin store, in Hollywood on Oct.17, marking the 250th worldwide and 18th in the United States. Did you know that Sir Richard Branson is a fan of Axl Rose?? Sir Richard Branson, along with a dozen of his employees lit up the stage dressed like legendary Rose, headband and all. Branson like many music executives is aware of the struggles of the music industry lately, and will be offering more clothing, electronics in addition to CD?s along with an array of music-oriented products. Perhaps Branson knows the popularity of Axl Rose and Guns N? Roses and will carry the groups merchandise, which was recently announced by Wilson Leather together with Bravado International Group according to Sanctuary Group.

http://www.canyon-news.com/artman/publish/article_3683.php
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2005, 05:35:53 AM »

Apparently this was posted at mygnrforum.com

Virgin Radio in the UK reported it last night, the second time in so many weeks, only this time with the two possible dates of:
1. December 2005,
2. the ever more likely March 2006.

Could there be more to Richard Branson's fashion show than meets the eye? Unlikely, but its fun to speculate!

Here today...ready to rock
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2005, 08:40:46 AM »

Scabbie, Are those of CD or?

Perhaps Branson knows the popularity of Axl Rose and Guns N? Roses and will carry the groups merchandise, which was recently announced by Wilson Leather together with Bravado International Group according to Sanctuary Group.

So my guess was pretty close.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2005, 11:23:53 AM »

I think it was the Greatest Hits they were referring to. Whatever Greatest Hits is.

Here today...ready to rock
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: