Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:43:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227919 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Re: Richard Branson dressing up as Axl
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re: Richard Branson dressing up as Axl  (Read 16775 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2005, 01:34:13 PM »

this is the 3rd time this month we've seen people dressed up as Axl though! lol!
Who were the other two?

Models n a designer. Check out  neemo's link above, oh but make sure you finish off your drink beforehand, I warn ya.  Angry
 hihi
interesting theory.
Hehe thanks Eva  Grin
the 'maybe' bit is just one of idle speculation short of sophistry and doesn?t deserve to be called a theory tho. 
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2005, 02:17:05 PM »

I don't see how this has any relevance Huh

Oh wait, did I hear that Richard Branson dressed up as Axl a few nights ago.? Shit, Chinese Democracy must be coming out within a few months. Roll Eyes

Very pessimistic!

On this topic, yes.

I'm not trying to start a row here at all but I just wandered why you are pessimistic about this topic? Does it not seem at all weird that one of the worlds most successful businessmen would choose to dress up as Axl Rose at the launch of one of his stores along with 12 other people? Like I said previously in this post Richard Branson never seems to do anything without a reason!

I'm pessimistic because maybe he just likes Axl (which is very pausible).  You know, there are a lot of people in this world who like Axl.  I dressed up one holloween as Axl.  Now I know I'm not Richard, but he's a normal guy like you and I. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2005, 08:26:19 PM »

this is the 3rd time this month we've seen people dressed up as Axl though! lol!
I guess I haven't been paying attention (as usual? Embarrassed )? Who were the other two?

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=23113.0

the original thread post includes a picture of designer John Galliano

and a Japanese designer dressed all his models up as Axl Rose http://www.vogue.co.uk/shows/photos/Default.aspx?showID=2610 (thanks to ppbebe)

and.... if this pic is recent, make it  the FOURTH time this month

Chyna  Shocked
thanks to megafi at the GNR Bar
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2005, 01:53:45 PM »

Eva, I was drinking coffee. rant

I don't see how this has any relevance Huh

Oh wait, did I hear that Richard Branson dressed up as Axl a few nights ago.  Shit, Chinese Democracy must be coming out within a few months. Roll Eyes

I'm pessimistic because maybe he just likes Axl (which is very pausible).  You know, there are a lot of people in this world who like Axl.  I dressed up one holloween as Axl.  Now I know I'm not Richard, but he's a normal guy like you and I. 

I guess This is where you went off the beam.
If I'm not mistaken The guy has built up Virgin record and everything on his own hook. (no idea when Virgin was founded).  I don't see such a guy would squander any his public minute.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2005, 01:55:40 PM »

Eva, I was drinking coffee. rant

lol!? scary eh?

...and oh, yeah - it was an interesting choice for him to make for this promotional event...

makes me remember when they had all the eminem lookalikes come out for that VMA show.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2005, 02:03:11 PM »

Yay, and so were my computer screen n keyboard. Now these are OK I wiped them. Wink

And a side note.

A while back a rock writer mentioned CDs coming soon during his tall stories. It's safe to assume there's some expectation circulating among these people for some reason or other.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?PHPSESSID=95ad640fb4d18984559c36b9cebd82a1&topic=22907.0
http://www.gothamist.com/archives/2005/10/06/mick_stingley_lowrent_rock_critic.php (Thanks to rainX)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 02:29:57 PM by ppbebe » Logged
badapple81
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2005, 02:50:38 AM »

The phrase ?out of sight, out of mind?, certainly does not apply to Axl Rose, frontman of Guns ?n Roses. Sir Richard Branson, entrepreneur, founder of Virgin Airway founder/Virgin Group empire had Axl Rose on his mind when he opened his new Virgin store, in Hollywood on Oct.17, marking the 250th worldwide and 18th in the United States. Did you know that Sir Richard Branson is a fan of Axl Rose?? Sir Richard Branson, along with a dozen of his employees lit up the stage dressed like legendary Rose, headband and all. Branson like many music executives is aware of the struggles of the music industry lately, and will be offering more clothing, electronics in addition to CD?s along with an array of music-oriented products. Perhaps Branson knows the popularity of Axl Rose and Guns N? Roses and will carry the groups merchandise, which was recently announced by Wilson Leather together with Bravado International Group according to Sanctuary Group.

http://www.canyon-news.com/artman/publish/article_3683.php
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2005, 05:35:53 AM »

Apparently this was posted at mygnrforum.com

Virgin Radio in the UK reported it last night, the second time in so many weeks, only this time with the two possible dates of:
1. December 2005,
2. the ever more likely March 2006.

Could there be more to Richard Branson's fashion show than meets the eye? Unlikely, but its fun to speculate!

Here today...ready to rock
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2005, 08:40:46 AM »

Scabbie, Are those of CD or?

Perhaps Branson knows the popularity of Axl Rose and Guns N? Roses and will carry the groups merchandise, which was recently announced by Wilson Leather together with Bravado International Group according to Sanctuary Group.

So my guess was pretty close.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2005, 11:23:53 AM »

I think it was the Greatest Hits they were referring to. Whatever Greatest Hits is.

Here today...ready to rock
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: