Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:50:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 395874 times)
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #200 on: August 22, 2014, 02:33:12 PM »

Has anybody else noticed, that Ron is listed as LEAD guitarist on the Vegas Blu-ray?

And that Ashba is listed as CO-LEAD guitarist?

It makes a lot of sense compared to the amount and what parts are being performed live, sure, I just find it interesting, since Ashba was in effect brought in to replace the main axe-man (Finck) and Bumble was onboard for the razzle-dazzle (the runs, the freaky fills, the jives). All the while Richard did the rhythm. Whatever works for them.

If Thal is out and there is another tour at some point, Axl will get a replacement. I'm sure.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #201 on: August 22, 2014, 06:33:22 PM »

I would like Ron to stay, and I think he will do so

He is a good person and he will see beyond this with time.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #202 on: August 22, 2014, 10:56:29 PM »

Maybe a little time away will work in the band's favor.

Clear his head, work on some of his own stuff.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #203 on: August 23, 2014, 07:34:01 AM »

from new interview

Ron: RIght now I?m turning away almost all touring plans, I must focus on finishing the new album, that?s my priority right now. Once that?s finished, I?ll hit every part of the world I can.

http://indianmusicmug.com/features/interview-with-guns-n-roses-guitarist-ron-bumblefoot-thal/

Sound like the scenario i posted earlier.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
ATREAL1_1
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #204 on: August 24, 2014, 09:39:33 PM »

...thoughts on the whole thing.

Ron did a guitar clinic in 2013 that you can watch on YouTube. I haven't watched it in a few months so I can't recall exactly what he said. I think that was the first time he voiced his displeasure with the band. Normally all members of the band will toe the company line when asked about new material; famous lines such as, "Talk to Axl", "It will be ready soon", "there's so many factors involved in releasing a GNR Album", or my personal favorite, "It's finished". However, at this clinic, Ron took a full on shot at Axl and the process of making an album with him. People can interpret it however they want, but it was obvious. He wasn't throwing stones, but he referencing the process having been there before and having learned from past mistakes. He basically called Axl obsessive, and said he was trapped in a time wrap or black hole, and that he just needs to put the album out and release it to the world. That clinic, coupled with more recent statements should tell you everything you need to know.

Some of the members of the band must be okay with waiting years for progress to be made, and touring on the same material endlessly. But some guys who have more to offer, like Bucket, Bumble, Brian, or Robin, they're clearly not willing to go through the cycle. They find something new. I think it would personally drive me insane too. Barring something crazy, Ron is gone. There's a ton of guitarists out there, but I would think it's tough to find true virtuoso players like Bucket of Bumble. Guys like DJ and Robin, they're second tier players, no where near elite (when it comes to lead playing, song writing is different). Fortus is great, but he plays a completely different style from BH or BBF. He's not going to fill those shoes. With that being said, if the guitarist exists and isn't busy, Axl will have access to them and recruit 'em. No one knew Ron Thal until Axl dug him up. Ron was great for the band, but we'll all welcome the new guy with open arms I'm sure.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #205 on: September 04, 2014, 01:18:19 PM »

if there's any guy that could contribute to the band... its this guy... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFDmA8GJ2so
he's like 1 man  Trent Reznor....

edit... wait... Trent Reznor is 1 man!

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #206 on: September 04, 2014, 01:25:37 PM »

Ron did a guitar clinic in 2013 that you can watch on YouTube. I haven't watched it in a few months so I can't recall exactly what he said. I think that was the first time he voiced his displeasure with the band. Normally all members of the band will toe the company line when asked about new material; famous lines such as, "Talk to Axl", "It will be ready soon", "there's so many factors involved in releasing a GNR Album", or my personal favorite, "It's finished". However, at this clinic, Ron took a full on shot at Axl and the process of making an album with him. People can interpret it however they want, but it was obvious. He wasn't throwing stones, but he referencing the process having been there before and having learned from past mistakes. He basically called Axl obsessive, and said he was trapped in a time wrap or black hole, and that he just needs to put the album out and release it to the world. That clinic, coupled with more recent statements should tell you everything you need to know.

Some of the members of the band must be okay with waiting years for progress to be made, and touring on the same material endlessly. But some guys who have more to offer, like Bucket, Bumble, Brian, or Robin, they're clearly not willing to go through the cycle. They find something new. I think it would personally drive me insane too. Barring something crazy, Ron is gone. There's a ton of guitarists out there, but I would think it's tough to find true virtuoso players like Bucket of Bumble. Guys like DJ and Robin, they're second tier players, no where near elite (when it comes to lead playing, song writing is different). Fortus is great, but he plays a completely different style from BH or BBF. He's not going to fill those shoes. With that being said, if the guitarist exists and isn't busy, Axl will have access to them and recruit 'em. No one knew Ron Thal until Axl dug him up. Ron was great for the band, but we'll all welcome the new guy with open arms I'm sure.

Pretty solid post here.  I can't find fault with anything you've said.  I especially think the way you break it down into groups is very astute.

You got the "it is what is" contingent (Dizzy, Tommy, Chris, Richard, DJ, Frank). 

And you got the "no, I'm sorry, but this is crazy" contingent (Bucket, Josh, Brain, Robin, Ron).

So its not much of a shock who is still here and who has moved on, considering how nothing has really changed in the band's M.O. in over 15 years.  It comes down to what you can accept.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #207 on: September 04, 2014, 01:48:47 PM »

Pretty solid post here.  I can't find fault with anything you've said.  I especially think the way you break it down into groups is very astute.

You got the "it is what is" contingent (Dizzy, Tommy, Chris, Richard, DJ, Frank). 

And you got the "no, I'm sorry, but this is crazy" contingent (Bucket, Josh, Brain, Robin, Ron).

So its not much of a shock who is still here and who has moved on, considering how nothing has really changed in the band's M.O. in over 15 years.  It comes down to what you can accept.
Your lumping of people into groups seems flawed. Josh Freese has never spoken ill of Axl that I've seen. Only that he was unable or uninterested in making the long term commitment needed. Brain opted to not tour in 2006, but later worked on Chinese Democracy remixes. Robin's depart it has never been explained in detail, officially, that I've seen. Ron's status is undetermined at the moment.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #208 on: September 04, 2014, 01:55:33 PM »

The bottom line is that no one that has stayed has ever offered a discouraging word.  Those that did at some point, cashed out.  And even if they came back, cahsed out again.

The 2 constants in this band the past 15 years are prolonged inactivity and missed opportunities.  It just comes down to how long you can roll with that, from what I see.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #209 on: September 04, 2014, 02:10:03 PM »

Don't know if it actually means anything but Bumblefoot is still promoting himself as being in GNR.

He posted on his Facebook this youtube promoting his upcoming Bahrain tour.

Bumblefoot
Video message for JAM UP in Bahrain
Guns n' Roses Guitar Icon Bumblefoot's Message to Bahrain!
http://youtu.be/q3XF5vvytkA

It's a mini biography video of his career including saying "In the mid 2000s, I started playing lead guitar with Guns N' Roses".

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #210 on: September 04, 2014, 02:13:39 PM »

I think that's a positive.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #211 on: September 04, 2014, 02:21:13 PM »

The bottom line is that no one that has stayed has ever offered a discouraging word.  Those that did at some point, cashed out.  And even if they came back, cahsed out again.

The 2 constants in this band the past 15 years are prolonged inactivity and missed opportunities.  It just comes down to how long you can roll with that, from what I see.
I understand the point you're trying to make. I just think the examples you're citing don't necessarily support that given the lack of reasons for leaving the band being made public.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #212 on: September 04, 2014, 03:17:55 PM »

I understand the point you're trying to make. I just think the examples you're citing don't necessarily support that given the lack of reasons for leaving the band being made public.

Ali

But I think we can acertain that a guy like Bucket leaving, then refusing to talk about his time in the band, even going as far as directing his message board to make GNR the one topic that is verboten, means that he didn't leave on great terms or look back fondly at the experience.

The one that gets me is Robin.  Stays through all the bullshit and nonsense, then bolts at the finish line.  Its like running 26.0 miles of a marathon, then pulling up.

mortismurphy
« Reply #213 on: September 04, 2014, 05:30:45 PM »

The interview he did, in which he referred to Guns solely in the past tense, was fairly conclusive I thought, but, who knows? Perhaps he did leave and they have managed to pull him back in, as what happened with Buckethead. I suppose we will only find out when something happens as, neither side seem willing to discuss the thing.
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #214 on: September 04, 2014, 06:08:34 PM »

He also just posted on Facebook about a guitar auction for charity...he has an autographed guitar in the auction that is signed " Ron Thal 'Bumblefoot' GNR 2014!!!" So that's a positive sign.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
Ali
Legend

« Reply #215 on: September 05, 2014, 07:51:12 PM »

Ali

But I think we can acertain that a guy like Bucket leaving, then refusing to talk about his time in the band, even going as far as directing his message board to make GNR the one topic that is verboten, means that he didn't leave on great terms or look back fondly at the experience.

The one that gets me is Robin.  Stays through all the bullshit and nonsense, then bolts at the finish line.  Its like running 26.0 miles of a marathon, then pulling up.

I don't dispute the Buckethead situation.  The Robin one is unclear.  There is no indication I've seen that Brain's departure was acrimonious.  The same goes for Josh Freese, as I've never read him say a bad thing about Axl.  Ron is undetermined at this point.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #216 on: September 05, 2014, 07:51:32 PM »

The interview he did, in which he referred to Guns solely in the past tense, was fairly conclusive I thought, but, who knows? Perhaps he did leave and they have managed to pull him back in, as what happened with Buckethead. I suppose we will only find out when something happens as, neither side seem willing to discuss the thing.
Which interview is that?

Ali
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #217 on: September 05, 2014, 08:08:51 PM »

I don't think I'd start reading anything into anything or hitting the panic button until 2015. I think if by then his twitter, etc. accounts say he was a member through 2014 that would be a little more indicative of the situation . . .  but even then.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #218 on: September 07, 2014, 08:44:48 PM »

Here's an idea...ask Ron. Otherwise this is just more overanalyzed, read into, foamed and fomented crap.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #219 on: September 07, 2014, 09:04:41 PM »

Here's an idea...ask Ron. Otherwise this is just more overanalyzed, read into, foamed and fomented crap.
Ron's been asked.
He ain't talking.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: