Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:03:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL THREAD- DISCUSS THE 2006 SEASON
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL THREAD- DISCUSS THE 2006 SEASON  (Read 33894 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2006, 07:37:44 AM »

Is it just me, or has this season turned into a giant snooze fest?? nervous Mediocrity is running rampant through the league. Years ago, all the so called "experts" who said parity would eventually kill the league were right.

KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #121 on: November 19, 2006, 08:15:19 PM »

Any one  has ESPN-HD ?! 720 must be amazing image. beer
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 08:16:51 PM by KIKO2K6 » Logged

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #122 on: November 21, 2006, 11:44:34 PM »

Is it just me, or has this season turned into a giant snooze fest?? nervous Mediocrity is running rampant through the league. Years ago, all the so called "experts" who said parity would eventually kill the league were right.

Are you kidding? Did you see the Cowboys beat the Colts? Or the way the Bears play defense? Or the way the Chargers can come back on anyone? This season is no worse than any other, and better than most. Football is great and the best sport, period. I love it.
I don't watch baseball anymore, and I could  care less about the NBA until the playoffs, but football, I watch every weekend. Oh, there is soccer...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #123 on: November 27, 2006, 10:20:12 AM »

ah yeah thanks to grossman sucking the pats kicked their ASSES!!!! smoking

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #124 on: November 27, 2006, 06:49:44 PM »

What's up with the Pats installing FieldTurf?  That's borderline blasphemy.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #125 on: November 28, 2006, 12:02:28 PM »

I agree. In the NFC at least. It's the Bears & everybody else, and I think the Bears are somewhat of a fraud. 9-2 but I don't think they'll end up in the Super Bowl, then next year they'll finish 9-7. It happens every year, last year the Bengals, year before the Falcons etc.. Always 1 great year then pooof! it's all smoke & mirrors.

It's sad that teams that are 5-6 are still well into the playoff hunt in the NFC. I guess it's good for fans in those cities, but is it really exciting to finish 9-7 or 8-8 & make the playoffs? I'm pretty sure 1 or 2 9-7 teams will make the playoffs, maybe even an 8-8.

It's good that in the beginning of each season every team has a chance, but sad teams that lose too many "important" games like the Cowboys & Giants and Vikings are still in the playoff picture. These teams are soo bad anymore the regular season games aren't as important. No more "must win" games early in the season. Now it seems a team can play .500 football or less until December, then go on a streak & win 3 straight to finish the season & they are the team to beat. Heck, even the Redskins & my Eagles are mathmatically in it?  Huh
sandman
Legend

« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2006, 02:33:44 PM »

the NFC is so weak that the 5-6 eagles will hold one of the two wild card spot if they beat carolina monday night. i'm going to the game and i'm not even remotely excited.

grossman = FRAUD.  the bears aren't winning anything.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2006, 06:39:14 PM »

the NFC is so weak that the 5-6 eagles will hold one of the two wild card spot if they beat carolina monday night. i'm going to the game and i'm not even remotely excited.
The NFC has the worst playoff picture I've ever seen in the 22 years I have watched football. Like you said, its the Bears(and Saints) at the top, and everyone else has a shot. That has never happened before. Usually, most of the divisions are pretty much wrapped up at this point, with a couple teams fighting for a wild card spot. There's 10 teams fighting for those wild card spots. Its ridiculous.

AFC isn't much better either.
grossman = FRAUD.  the bears aren't winning anything.
I've been saying this all year: The Bears have to bench him and start Griese if they want to win. Grossman is a joke. He always throws interceptions at critical moments of a game. The Bears have to have a decent lead for them to be able to win. The Bears are good enough to win the Superbowl without a star quarterback. But they need one that is reliable, and Griese can provide that.

I am sticking with my Bears-Patriots Superbowl prediction. I think they will wise up to Grossman's inconsistencies and make a change. Even if they dont, the NFC is so weak they'll likely go to the Superbowl anyways. But probably wouldn't win. Griese could put them over the top.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 06:42:12 PM by jameslofton29 » Logged

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2006, 12:55:13 PM »

I'll go ahead and predict Saints-Chargers.. (and the lowest SB ratings in recent history hihi hihi)
JONEZY
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2006, 10:43:22 AM »

The Saints looked pretty damn good last night.  They absolutely humiliated the Cowboys, at home.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #130 on: December 24, 2006, 08:57:39 AM »

the eagles victory over the giants was so sweet. i work with giants fans, and am forced to listen to NY sports talk every day. this week could not have been any sweeter. listening to giant fans crying all week after philly hit em with a knock-out punch was pure joy.

eagles at the cowboys xmas day. TO vs. garica. awesome stuff. i think the cowboys are gonna win and lock up the division. this is the 3rd straight road game for the birds - all against divisional opponents. tough to win all 3.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2007, 10:44:54 PM »

So its Indy VS Chicago for Super Bowl XLI.

Manning finally won the AFC championship.  ok

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #132 on: January 21, 2007, 11:15:10 PM »

Indy will win. I was born in Chicago (suburb) but really, the Bears do not stand a chance. I was not even impressed with the victory over the Saints, it  seemed to me that the Saints beat themselves.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #133 on: January 21, 2007, 11:24:50 PM »

I'm just glad I don't have to see Brady in the Super Bowl again.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2007, 12:10:18 AM »

I'm just glad I don't have to see Brady in the Super Bowl again.

Amen to that.

Too bad Vinny doesn't get his ring while a 3rd string QB for the Pats. Maybe when he's 50............. hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2007, 01:05:19 AM »

The Saints looked miserable, especially with regards to holding on to the ball.

The Colts looked miserable too, for most of the first half.  As an Indy raised Colts fan, I went from nervous nervous to pissed rant to dejected  Cry to watching Godfather II  on DVR  Grin to checking the score and being pleased it was getting respectable  Smiley to surprised that it was tied  Huh to nervous again when Brady kept driving down the field and scoring  nervous to pleased that Peyton was doing the same ok to thrilled when they took the lead  beer to euphoric when Brady threw the final interception. headbanger

I'm gonna need therapy.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2007, 07:38:28 AM »

That Bears defense is fucking brutal. Unfortunately for the Pats, they couldn't beat the Colts. But since Manning is this generation's Marino, we knew a Superbowl loss would have to happen at some point. Might as well be now. For the Bears, it is better for them to play the Colts then the Pats. Pats beat them this year, and Dungy is nowhere near the genius level that Belichick is at.

This could be one of the best Superbowls in years. The big question mark is of course Grossman. We know he will make mistakes(he always does), but they have to be limited with how they were against the Saints. As long as the Bears can run against the Colts and Grossman doesn't turn the ball over, Bears will win by a couple touchdowns. As I have said before, the key to beating Indy is keeping that offense off the field. Manning gets frustrated while he sits on the sideline for huge chunks of time during the game. The Bears have the running game to do that, and the last thing Manning needs(or wants) is frustration when he goes out on the field with the Bears defense staring him in the face.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: January 22, 2007, 09:41:57 AM »

Amazing performance by Manning yesterday.  32 second-half points  Shocked - all from long drives, never once getting good field position from a turnover or whatnot.  All done against a pretty good defense.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #138 on: January 22, 2007, 09:58:26 AM »

unfortunately the Pats magic is over...i thought they had won for sure @ halftime...ah well always next year...Rodney Harrisons injusry was too big of an obstical to overcome Undecided

SB should be a great game though cant wait beer

GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #139 on: January 22, 2007, 10:27:52 AM »

i think this is Manning's year, this comeback over the Patriots has given him newfound confidence and shut up all the people that say he cant perform under pressure. speaking of pressure i think Grossman is gonna fall apart and the colts are gonna win big. sure the Bears defense is brutal but i dont think anything can stop Manning this time around.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: