Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 03:56:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227832 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Tennis Thread - Official
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tennis Thread - Official  (Read 94431 times)
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #280 on: July 07, 2010, 02:30:39 AM »

This thread deserved a bump.

Rafael Nadal won his second Wimbledon last sunday. He dominated all the way from the quaters, beating the likes of Soderling, Murray and Berdych in the final. He's obviously the number 1 player in the world and will most likely retain his spot at the end of 2010.

Now Nadal has won 8 GS (Federer has 16) at the young age of 24. Roger is on 16 at still young age of 29. If Rafa's knees leave Rafa alone, he's got a fair shot to surpass Roger.

Nadal now shares the same place in tennis history with: Mcenore, Agassi and Ivan Lendl.
domi
Kashmir
Rocker

Vae Victis!

« Reply #281 on: September 14, 2010, 05:15:40 AM »

Congrats to Rafa Nadal for achieving the career grand slam.
He played an amazing tournament. In my opinion he really improved his service over the last months.

Omne ius hominum causa constitutum.
(Hermogenian, D. 1,5,2)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #282 on: December 03, 2010, 08:18:03 AM »

I know it's a tad late but congrats to Federer for winning yet another tite at the 02. He played brilliantly, and by the way Nadal played against Murray, I thought it was going to be a close call.

But Federer kept his head down, and played the game rather than the player and it payed off. I like Nadals style alot, he seems very strong like a bull, but Federer has got a pure tennis brain, and makes better decisions.

I don't rate Murray at all, he reminds me of Tim Henman, never quite making it but always has alot of promise. When you have guys like Federer and Nadal who are on top of their game, it's going to be hard for regular players to come through.

All hail king Federer.  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: