Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:37:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The 2009/2010 NBA Season Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 2009/2010 NBA Season Thread  (Read 81386 times)
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2009, 10:59:56 PM »

cool, ill join. I've never done head to head before
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2009, 11:05:52 PM »

Its awesome. some people who normally play have flaked out on me this year. but its a good competitive league.

I won someone's fantasy baseball league from this forum... i can' t remember whose it was.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2009, 11:09:21 PM »

is it like point base system only head to head?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2009, 11:13:16 PM »

yeah
FG, pts, 3pt, rebs, blocks,  etc etc

if u have a better FG% u lead your opponent 1-0 etc

so at the end of the week, if u are up 7-5, your record will be 7-5.

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2009, 11:15:40 PM »

alright cool, ill figure it out.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2009, 01:27:15 AM »

And lastly, the Lakers kicking ass like always.

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2009, 11:07:17 AM »

The day has come ladies and gentleman!

Sleep deprivation 2009-'10 begins (for us European fans)!

Tip off night. Cavs Vs Celts and Lakers Vs Clippers. Not bad to get started.

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2009, 02:51:51 PM »

I really, really want to go to the ring ceremony tonight.

I have a hundo I can spend on a ticket.  I'll be scouring Craigslist for the next 4 hours.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2009, 08:23:06 PM »

Was Allen Iverson right all along?

By Patrick Hayes
October 27, 2009, 7:05PM

So this is interesting. Rip Hamilton had this to say about everyone's favorite scapegoat Allen Iverson in the Memphis Commercial Appeal:

"M.C. lied to us a million times," Hamilton said of Curry. "He sat me and A.I. down one time and was like, 'I'm going to lean on both of you the whole year, just don't go to the media. Say you'll do whatever for the team and blah blah blah.' This was a week before he brought me off the bench. He lied. So I feel for what Allen said."

He added: "I think the person that we had didn't know how to take advantage of (our roster). Instead of taking advantage of it, he killed it."

That is scathing. Rip has been silent for a long time on all things Curry, and he's a key player in the drama of last season. There were rumors out there that Curry's refusal to reconcile with Rip led to his sudden firing, not that Curry's inability to coach also didn't weigh heavily in that decision as well.

But I think an assumption made by many fans is that while the team was no fan of Curry, they were also not happy about having Iverson around, and to me, that just doesn't jibe with AI's rep around the league.

Iverson is admired by his peers. He's controversial to some fans and media, but there's never been a report of a teammate negatively talking about AI as a player or person. People forget that Iverson, popularity-wise, bridged the NBA from the Jordan era to the Kobe-LeBron era. And I know the second I type that that people are going to comment and tell me why I'm an idiot and complain about him playing selfish basketball and having a bad attitude and being a 'thug', whatever that means.

The NBA, as FreeDarko famously says, is a league of stars. Iverson's style has been hugely influential on the league, and there's a generation of players who grew up respecting him and admiring him. The more people who don't understand the concept of how star power drives the league among its most devoted fans hate and criticize, the more it's endeared Iverson to his fanbase.

More than just one Piston didn't play their hardest last season. More than one player was not satisfied with his role. More than one player handled it poorly. Only one player -- Iverson -- had the star power to always have a reporter there, on the road or at home, notebook in hand, ready to write about anything that came out of his mouth.

It's all irrelevant at this point. Both Iverson and the Pistons moved on. Curry, despite dressing the part, was rightfully fired. But it's good to (finally) hear Hamilton's perspective on what happened, since Iverson largely took the fall when multiple parties should have shared in what went wrong last season.

http://blog.mlive.com/fullcourtpress/2009/10/was_allen_iverson_right_all_al.html

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2009, 08:32:29 PM »

Never understood what Stuckey did to deserve to start over Rip and AI

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2009, 11:53:11 PM »

Nice win for the Celtics to open up the season @Cleveland.  Cavs were without Delonte West so they weren't exactly 100%.  Then again, the C's were without Glen Davis, who injured himself in a fight (off the court) and is gonna miss 6 weeks.  Dumbass! 

Cavs are gonna take some time to get used to playing with Shaq.  I just don't think he's gonna make them any better.  Shaq is obviously far removed from his prime, but he's not even the same player he was in Miami.  He'll have his big games.  He'll be a defensive and rebounding presence.  He'll have flashes on offense.  I just don't see him making much of a difference.  It's only one game though, we'll see how they progress.

Celtics looked solid.  They shot the ball real well from 3.  Can't expect that every night, but it was a key to victory tonight.  Defense was real good.  That's what they've lived off the last 2 years (with Garnett on the floor).  Good start.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2009, 01:17:31 PM »

The Raps owned LeBaron last night smoking

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2009, 06:21:22 PM »

Watch out for Andrea Bargnani at this year's all-star game!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2009, 09:28:59 PM »

Sad part is, they were shopping Bargnani and nobody wanted him

dummies

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2009, 04:48:26 AM »

im glad i picked up Bargnani in one of my leagues...

also i couldnt believe James would rather go for a circus shot in the 4th qrt during boston instead of trying to get an and 1. when he was on that fast break and bumped into pierce or rondo, dont remember who it was all he had to do was do a hop step and turn his body and try to bank in the shot but what does he do. he decided to spin and just the throw the ball in the air.  Unfucking believable, he wasnt even close to the ring to do try and make a circus shot.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2009, 03:18:45 AM »

Oh yeah, I grabbed him Very Very Late in a draft and have reaped the rewards

Dallas Slaughtered overrated LA tonight

ok Gasol didnt play but it still felt great

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2009, 07:23:50 AM »

There's a video in nba.com on Ron Artest new life in LA. Sure he's not the most articulate basketball player, but the guy seems to be happy.

He says he enjoys playing alongside the best player in the history of the game...  Roll Eyes  I didn't know Michael Jordan was back playing with the lakers.

So what are your first thoughts so far?

Lakers seem to be doing well without Pau. Kobe has to score 40 points + in order for the lakers to win though.

The Heat finally got a good solid start.

The Cavs have already lost more games at home this season than last (there are talks already about Lebron joining the Lakers next season).

The Celtics with Garnett are a much more dangerous team than without him and the Nuggets seem to be strong.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 07:51:56 AM by Ignatius » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2009, 06:25:21 PM »

I haven't really followed the NBA too closely so far this season.  It's kind of tough to get into it knowing how long the season is.  I do know that the Celtics have been absolutely blowing teams out, with a few exceptions.  Their defense is impregnable (like Mike Tyson would say).  Doc Rivers is pulling out all the stops for this very veteran team.  No game day shootarounds, trying to get the guys as much rest as possible.  And with all the blowouts they've been able to rest the starters a lot and play the 2nd unit, giving them some much needed work.  Paul Pierce looks great, and in the best shape he's been in in years.  Garnett isn't back to his old form yet, but he's getting there.  Rasheed Wallace is throwing up 3's exclusively these days, but he's making them so nobody's complaining YET! 

Any gamblers out there?  Take the Celtics at home on Friday nights.  I swear they usually cover, even when they had bad teams.  For some reason they ramp it up at home on Friday nights.  Tonight the Suns are in town.  Not sure what the line is, but I sense a blowout.  (Of course now that I've said this, they'll probably lose outright)

How could the Lakers possibly have both Kobe and Lebron on the same team?  I don't see how that could be humanly possible.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2009, 06:45:34 PM »

Just sick at Dallas' loss the other night

up 3 under a minute to go and Dallas miss 4 FUCKING FT's

just needed one to cinch the game and they miss 4

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2009, 08:36:24 PM »

Wow James is just on fire. If he keep going like this he is going to pass Kobe for the most points scored at NY.

guess not
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 10:28:29 PM by w.axl.rose » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: