Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 03:26:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  [football] FIFA's Southafrica 2010 World Cup
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [football] FIFA's Southafrica 2010 World Cup  (Read 148952 times)
Lady Ashba
Rocker

Nice boys... & girls!

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2010, 01:49:46 PM »

Germany showed they have what it takes to make it a long way...

I expected more from Holland today. Let's see what Italy does in a bit...
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2010, 05:45:46 PM »

Germany showed they have what it takes to make it a long way...

I expected more from Holland today. Let's see what Italy does in a bit...

Now, hold on... Yes, Germany has shown us the best football so far, but let's not forget it was just Australia.

I was impressed that Italy drew 1-1 with Paraguay. I was expecting the Azurras to score at least 2 goals!

But tomorrow, ladies and gentlemen, the REAL deal begins. The greatest champion of all times, the one and only country that has won no more, no less than five Cups will play against North Korea (I'm guessing instead of vuvuzelas we'll be hearing bombs? yes)

I'm just kidding, Brazil won't win a thing this year. no Kaka aside, we have the worst midfield of all times.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2010, 06:10:13 PM »

Lets consider Germany's competition they played though

no offense Aussies

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2010, 06:38:55 PM »

I was surprised at how bad Australia looked against Germany.  I expected more from them, they went to the quarterfinals in 2006 (losing to Italy, the eventual champs, in a match that wasn't decided until a phantom penalty in stoppage time). 
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2010, 06:52:38 PM »

germany's germany, they'll go far, they have 10 medals (3 gold), people always underestimate them but they are one of the most stable countries ever. having only really failed in the WC once (78)

brazil has 7 medals (5 gold, yes) but choked last world cup with a (at least on paper) better team than this years, i'll always root for 'em a lil' 'cause the football they've played in the past and they were good last years confederations cup but i dunno

spain will be interresting, they have one of the most complete squads

happy sweden didn't qualify, always sucks to see them get kicked out in the second rounds hihi
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2010, 07:02:22 PM »

brazil has 7 medals (5 gold, yes) but choked last world cup with a (at least on paper) better team than this years, i'll always root for 'em a lil' 'cause the football they've played in the past and they were good last years confederations cup but i dunno

Nobody believed Brazil would make it to the semi-finals in 2002 and they won the Cup. Nobody trusted that team, people had issues with the coach, Felip?o (just like this year, with Dunga), and they beat Germany in the finals. The same Germany that had not lost one match that World Cup, the one with the unbeatable Oliver Kahn.

And I won't even get started on 1994, when Brazil had a horrible team (or so everybody thought, at the time) and also won the Cup. As a friend of mine says: the 1994 World Cup was so bad, that there wasn't even a victory goal. It was a missed penalty. hihi

As for 2006 (and add 1998 to that list), Brazil had an awesome team, everybody took our victory for granted, and yet, we fell.

So, you know... History teaches us that saying Brazil had a better team in 2006 than we have this year doesn't mean much.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 07:05:41 PM by Mandy. » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2010, 07:29:50 PM »

true, and i really hope they'll surprise everyone and open my eyes up for new players (like germany did with lahm and schweinsteiger last time around), shame most of them are around their 30's so i can't enjoy their careers very long (though I still check out how things goes for rivaldo in uzbekistan) they could've might as well have the other 30 year olds there hihi .. in 98 they still won silver (even if you see it as you losing the gold) I hope ramires gets a chance, i think i remember him playing great in the confederations cup last year

about the victory goal and missed penalty, yeah that's also true rofl

yes i was lazy writing this post and didn't care about grammar or pawnkshoeaichon as jdog would've written it
Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2010, 12:59:22 PM »

I would buy that game  hihi

In other news, Spain lost against Swiss!  beer

M?sica, m?sica, m?sica, siempre s?...
Nikolis-Godfather
Opening Act

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2010, 04:22:29 AM »

you can make some practice for now  Grin
http://gr.vc/vuvuzela/

The Best, The Best, Axl Rose is the Best...
Every time i listen him i feel a pressure in my chest
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2010, 09:30:27 AM »

So...Argentina in the next phase  peace

Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »

Great match against South Korea!!!. Open play from both teams, one of the most entertaining games I have seen so far. Charly Tevez played very well, must be his Xeneixe's blood of course   hihi

Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2010, 09:58:55 AM »

you can make some practice for now  Grin
http://gr.vc/vuvuzela/

LOL awesome app!  Grin

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2010, 01:55:53 PM »

Great match against South Korea!!!. Open play from both teams, one of the most entertaining games I have seen so far. Charly Tevez played very well, must be his Xeneixe's blood of course   hihi

First of all, Argentina is not in the next phase yet. If Argentina loses for more than 3 goals against Greece and then Korea wins against Nigeria for 3 or more goals, Argentina would be eliminated. Pretty much impossible, but this is football, and you never know...

And @ Ignacio: the biggest star of the match was Gonzalo, with his hat-trick. River Plate's blood, of course  Grin

Great Messi match. He cant score, but he's the greatest player of this world cup so far.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2010, 02:22:48 PM »

Indeed. hihi

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2010, 04:44:02 PM »

First of all, Argentina is not in the next phase yet. If Argentina loses for more than 3 goals against Greece and then Korea wins against Nigeria for 3 or more goals, Argentina would be eliminated. Pretty much impossible, but this is football, and you never know...

Of course nothing is impossible. Hey, didn't Argentina need to win the game against Peru with a 4 goals difference to eliminate Brazil in 1978? And didn't they win scoring, like, 6 goals? But let's not get into that... Grin

Wish I had seen the match this morning, but it was too early and I was asleep. Only saw the last 10 minutes of it, because a friend of mine woke me up when she sent me a text saying: "Hey, are you watching the game?? If Brazil plays against Argentina, we're screwed!!!". I don't really like Maradona, but I like the Argentinian team. Higuain deserves to be the top scorer!!

Oh, and ALLEZ LE VERT!!! France got what they deserved! Seriously, Henry?! You ilegally classified France FOR THIS??? hihi
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2010, 05:15:30 PM »

Of course nothing is impossible. Hey, didn't Argentina need to win the game against Peru with a 4 goals difference to eliminate Brazil in 1978? And didn't they win scoring, like, 6 goals? But let's not get into that... Grin

Wish I had seen the match this morning, but it was too early and I was asleep. Only saw the last 10 minutes of it, because a friend of mine woke me up when she sent me a text saying: "Hey, are you watching the game?? If Brazil plays against Argentina, we're screwed!!!". I don't really like Maradona, but I like the Argentinian team. Higuain deserves to be the top scorer!!

Oh, and ALLEZ LE VERT!!! France got what they deserved! Seriously, Henry?! You ilegally classified France FOR THIS??? hihi

Oh that was below the belt!!!!!!!  hihi

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2010, 05:56:13 PM »

One word: MEXICO!

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2010, 12:19:33 AM »

great Mexico won againts France, it appears we are going to the next phase, but we will probably play against Argenita  no

Sandrine
Headliner

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2010, 03:24:35 AM »

Very sad today for France. one step in the plane... 

well done Mexico
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2010, 10:52:06 AM »

and the germans lost today. another little suprise in the group stages

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: