Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 11:02:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2010 Season
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 136475 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2010, 05:22:01 PM »

Well,I don't think u can say it 'didn't work out" i mean shit, they got to the AFC Title game.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2010, 08:13:32 PM »

Now the Jets tradeed Kerry Rhodes to the Cardinals for a 4th rounder this year and a 7th next year. A 4th round pick isn't a bad pickup for a guy who didn't meet expectations last year.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2010, 11:06:41 PM »

Well,I don't think u can say it 'didn't work out" i mean shit, they got to the AFC Title game.
Obviously I meant it didn't work out with that player, not with the team.  Obviously they had the NFL's #1 overall defense, yet they felt Sheppard didn't do a good job and they needed to upgrade with Cromartie.  So in a sense, yeah, it didn't work out.  And while it may not "work out" with Cromartie, their defense will still be solid regardless.  I'm just not sold that they're all of a sudden brought to new heights because of the deal.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2010, 07:27:55 PM »

Help me out with something fellow NFL draftniks...why are so many mock drafts pegging the Lions with a defensive tackle...didn't they just pick up the Chargers DT in free agency?  Somebody educamate me...I know Suh and McCoy are supposed to both be awesome, but why did the Lions grab the guy from the Chargers too?

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2010, 07:58:54 PM »

Shit Detroit are going Dez Bryant....

well, unless they play a 3-4, they need 2 DT's... I personally think they should go O-line.

axlroselegend
Headliner

Irish Gunner

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2010, 11:04:46 AM »

Any Raiders rumors out there, I am an Irish Raider fan...been a tough decade.
Please not looking for Raider Hater abuse.
Just wondering if anyone has any info / rumors with regards free agency.
I know we have released Fargas (great servant with the Raiders), Greg Ellis who was poor against the run but showed moments and was a good leader and we released Javon Walker (thankfully!!!!)
If only we could have the sense to cut our losses and release Russell.

We need to address our O-Line and D-Line to help us make big plays and stop the run

Enjoy reading these topics
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2010, 04:06:58 PM »

Shit Detroit are going Dez Bryant....

well, unless they play a 3-4, they need 2 DT's... I personally think they should go O-line.

I agree D.  O-line is there biggest need.  Hopefully for the Lions, somebody wants to trade up to #2.  Dez Bryant's a risk, and has no business going anywhere near #2.  From what I've read, not only was the guy late to practices...he had been late to games!?  wtf.

I am curious to see where T.O. and Brandon Marshall end up. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2010, 01:13:51 PM »

Apparently LT is visiting the Vikings this week.  This will give the Vikes a chance to implement a new offensive scheme...

Two back formation....LT trails AP after the handoff....LT then scoops up the fumble and runs it in for the score.

Call it the FumbleCat.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2010, 02:19:40 PM »

Apparently LT is visiting the Vikings this week.  This will give the Vikes a chance to implement a new offensive scheme...

Two back formation....LT trails AP after the handoff....LT then scoops up the fumble and runs it in for the score.

Call it the FumbleCat.

HAHAHAHAHA

Greatest post ever!

So true

JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2010, 02:36:54 PM »

Call it the FumbleCat.

HAHAHAHAHA

Greatest post ever!

So true

If only that formation was in place last season....AP missing the handoff at the goaline during the NFC Championship, maybe Taylor could have grabbed it and run it in for the score. Not to mention to the other fumbles he did get credit for.

Wow, thats the first time I have mentioned that game, I must be getting over it a bit.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2010, 07:01:09 PM »

Call it the FumbleCat.

HAHAHAHAHA

Greatest post ever!

So true

If only that formation was in place last season....AP missing the handoff at the goaline during the NFC Championship, maybe Taylor could have grabbed it and run it in for the score. Not to mention to the other fumbles he did get credit for.

Wow, thats the first time I have mentioned that game, I must be getting over it a bit.

As a Vikes fan, I'm not happy about them considering LT.  Honestly, I'd rather have Westbrook.  We need a 3rd down back.  I respect what LT accomplished in his career, but he's officially done. 
Tiki Barber once was a fumbling maniac...he cured it.  I believe Adrian can cure this too.
...and no, I don't think I'm over the loss yet...I'm getting better, but goddammit I wanna get to Super Bowl 45.  crying

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2010, 07:49:10 PM »

Wow, Brian Westbrook in Minny.. that is a great idea.

Anyone else think if PacBen Rapelisberger were black, this would be a much bigger issue?

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2010, 08:39:47 PM »

Anyone else think if PacBen Rapelisberger were black, this would be a much bigger issue?
Could be.  Also helps that he's a Super Bowl MVP and 2 time winner.  Those guys tend to get the benefit of the doubt.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2010, 08:56:51 AM »

Call it the FumbleCat.

HAHAHAHAHA

Greatest post ever!

So true

As a Vikes fan, I'm not happy about them considering LT.  Honestly, I'd rather have Westbrook.  We need a 3rd down back.  I respect what LT accomplished in his career, but he's officially done. 
Tiki Barber once was a fumbling maniac...he cured it.  I believe Adrian can cure this too.
...and no, I don't think I'm over the loss yet...I'm getting better, but goddammit I wanna get to Super Bowl 45.  crying

Don't me wrong, I am not over it yet...I am still not ever 98'.  I just realize the Vikes are cursed, and that is the way it is.  Started with the push off, then Darren Nelson's drop, then take a knee 98, then 41-0, then 12 men in the huddle.  98' and last year hurt the most, because they were both a "window" moment that was wasted. 98' they had one of the best offenses ever, with the best O-Line ever in my opinion, and last year Favre had his best statistical season of his career with a top notch D.

I wouldn't know who is a better option, LT or Westbrook.  I imagine Westbrook's injury issues are probably why they are focusing on LT.  I think losing Taylor is going to hurt more than people imagine.  He always seemed give the running game a spark when AP was having a sub par game, plus his third down ability is well known. It is going to hurt even more if the old man doesn't come back.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2010, 04:37:33 PM »

Yes.  and may I also add, what he's accused of doing is 1000x worse than what Tiger did.  I'll take 10,000 consensual indiscretions over one unconsensual encounter. 

btw, on Minny, just because Minnesota hasn't approached Westbrook yet doesn't mean they aren't interested.  Sometimes guys are called in to bluff other teams into paying more for that player.  Maybe, just maybe the Vikes brought in LT to make Detroit think we want LT, thereby goading the Lions into grabbing old LT.  Then, we can scoop up Westbrook for a cheaper price probably.  (incentive-laiden contract for sure to cover our butts)
...and yes, we really need Favre back, although if he decides to retire, I'd want a proven winner like Donovan at the helm.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2010, 12:18:12 PM »

nope. not at all.

it would be a bigger deal if 1) anyone truly gave a shit about him outside of steelers fans; 2) if he was married; 3) if there was any ounce of actual evidence supporting the women's claims.

the coverage seems about the same as any other black athlete that has been accused of these types of crimes. michael irvin comes to mind.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2010, 04:04:17 PM »

nope. not at all.

it would be a bigger deal if 1) anyone truly gave a shit about him outside of steelers fans; 2) if he was married; 3) if there was any ounce of actual evidence supporting the women's claims.

the coverage seems about the same as any other black athlete that has been accused of these types of crimes. michael irvin comes to mind.

Sandman, he's a 2-time Super Bowl champion...he's a big deal.  Sexual assault is sexual assault.  Whether a guy is married or not is inconsequential in my eyes.  The fact that it's not consentual is the key here.  The other big key here is the fact it isn't just once.  I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt the first time...fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
I honestly think this dude's head injuries (on and off the field/motorcycle crash) may be contributing to this guy's mental state.  Could he have damaged important centers of inhibition in his brain?  Could this be amplified when he's drinking like an idiot?

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2010, 04:26:17 PM »

nope. not at all.

Sandman, he's a 2-time Super Bowl champion...he's a big deal.  Sexual assault is sexual assault.  Whether a guy is married or not is inconsequential in my eyes.  The fact that it's not consentual is the key here.  The other big key here is the fact it isn't just once.  I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt the first time...fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
I honestly think this dude's head injuries (on and off the field/motorcycle crash) may be contributing to this guy's mental state.  Could he have damaged important centers of inhibition in his brain?  Could this be amplified when he's drinking like an idiot?

I have to agree with sandman here.  Granted it doesn't look good getting caught up in this situation twice, BUT.  IF he's not really doing anything wrong and is being falsely accused, does it really matter if 1 girl or 10 girls say he's done things to them that he really hasn't done?  Who's to say that this girl KNEW who he was and that he had money and that he had these problems in the past?  Maybe she led him on, knowing he might do something that she could turn on him and in turn make these accusations.  There's been PLENTY of cases where girls make these claims and ruin guys lives and they feel no remorse.  So let's not convict Ben just because we think it HAS to be true since it's the second time around.

I heard a story the other day that a woman was having a bad day and her friends were upset with her or something.  So to get in their good graces she told them that she had been raped.  Her friends felt awful and urged her to take action and press charges.  So she did.  The only thing is, the rape NEVER occurred.  She made up the entire story and the guy went to jail because of it, and pretty much his entire life is ruined.  It was eventually found that the woman lied and she was sentenced to some ridiculously short prison term.

So let's not jump to any conclusions without all the facts.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2010, 04:41:16 PM »

Sandman, and Faldor...I think what we can agree upon is that he's a fucking idiot to get himself into a situation like this.  Obviously, he's piss drunk, and yeah there are going to be chicks who wanna fuck you over and hit the lottery...so doesn't that tell a person with a brain that meeting chicks and having sexual relations with them that night probably isn't a wise decision? 
I'm not asking for the guy to be Mr. Perfect, but at least show some better judgment.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2010, 04:45:04 PM »

Sandman, and Faldor...I think what we can agree upon is that he's a fucking idiot to get himself into a situation like this.  Obviously, he's piss drunk, and yeah there are going to be chicks who wanna fuck you over and hit the lottery...so doesn't that tell a person with a brain that meeting chicks and having sexual relations with them that night probably isn't a wise decision? 
I'm not asking for the guy to be Mr. Perfect, but at least show some better judgment.
That's easier said than done.  The guy is single right?  He's famous, girls probably throw themselves at him.  I'm not too sure how easy it would be to say no if put in that situation.  And again, we don't know exactly what happened so who knows how inappropriately he acted, if at all. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: