Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:27:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Formula 1 - 2012 season (kimi is back!)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Formula 1 - 2012 season (kimi is back!)  (Read 21900 times)
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« on: November 29, 2011, 08:47:56 AM »

its now official !!!!
what do you think?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 02:38:30 PM by jarmo » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 01:53:03 PM »

It's good.. F1 needs a figure like him, different - raw speed

Now only Liuzzi, andTrulli has to go and Barrichello (veeery nice but he's not that better then Maldonado - a rookie, so retire) aswell as Webber and Massa. Webber, well if you get beaten by your teammate this serieusly then you don't belong in that Red Bull, go retire and make way for the next generation. Let Jaime drive there and fill up a Torro Rosso seat with Vergne. Also Buemi, he's too bland get rid of him too. Massa, was never a fan of him; Always excuses, not a real racer (when he starts from midfield or back he can't battle his way to the front) and the only reason he's still in that Ferrari is out of symphathy and he's not disturbing Alonso in any way. If the gap between Ferrari and the rest of the teams behind was smaller then we'd see Massa (on average 7 tenths slower) more in the midfield and it would notice even more how slow he is.

And I hope Ricciardo will return, he deserves a spot, also the chances are already very likely but I'd like to see Hulkenberg back to..
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 06:24:58 PM »

Very happy Kimi is returning to F1.  ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 08:10:10 AM »

Just a few months ago he made a big noise about suing the Renault boss when the news leaked. It will be interesting to see him back in F1. Will he struggle with the new tyres like Schumacher did?
Kimi and Kubica (when he returns) will make a potent combo if Renault can get together a good car.

Fuck 'Em All.
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 10:54:33 AM »

i think its time to move o away from the ??big team?? for webber and massa and let izzydutch said let the new generation come in !
im kind of scared that its the last season with v8 engines

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 02:47:00 PM »

Well, Toro Rosso dumped both Buemi and Alguersuari today which is a shock.. but perhaps it's good, altough Jaime drove pretty well this season's 2nd half, still there's something missing.. especially Buemi sounded unmotivated. In that sense both didn't seem the perfect fit to replace Webber in 2012 so I think it's a good call to change them in for Ricciardo and Vergne.

They say Dutchman Giedo vd Garde was the runner up for the 2nd HRT seat, which would be great - another Dutchman in F1 again. But now with Jaime being Spanish and dumped, maybe he'll go to HRT? Collin Kolles also leaves HRT tomorrow.

Tomorrow Force India will announce Hulkenberg and di Resta as race drivers, probably followed by Williams this Friday conforming Sutil as their 2nd race driver.
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 02:58:50 PM »

Well, Toro Rosso dumped both Buemi and Alguersuari today which is a shock.. but perhaps it's good, altough Jaime drove pretty well this season's 2nd half, still there's something missing.. especially Buemi sounded unmotivated. In that sense both didn't seem the perfect fit to replace Webber in 2012 so I think it's a good call to change them in for Ricciardo and Vergne.

They say Dutchman Giedo vd Garde was the runner up for the 2nd HRT seat, which would be great - another Dutchman in F1 again. But now with Jaime being Spanish and dumped, maybe he'll go to HRT? Collin Kolles also leaves HRT tomorrow.

Tomorrow Force India will announce Hulkenberg and di Resta as race drivers, probably followed by Williams this Friday conforming Sutil as their 2nd race driver.

i kind of get it. toro rosso wasent goin anywhere with jaime and sebastian
im pretty sure that jaime is running next year
and yeah whos going to virgin ... i mean marussia if vergne is going to toro rosso options are petrov,heitfield,alguersuari,buemi,barichello,the indian dudes whos names i cant spell,hulkenberg,does maldonado have a contract?

interesting times..

just wondering who are you supporting? izzydutch . i was and still are a big r?ikk?nen fan and in late 09 i started supporting vettel

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 04:43:26 AM »

Ah Hulkenberg is back on the grid, justice! Cool

Officially right now there are only 2 seats open, 1 at Williams and 1 at HRT.. but it's likely that Caterham F1 will replace Trulli (who reportly has a contract for 2012 but it doesn't say a race contract). I think Trulli has just been there because he's good friends with Gascoyne, but Gascoyne also has to deliver the goods next year because else he'll be replaced.

I'm pretty sure Jaime is gonna be driving at HRT next year, HRT is now more or less making everything and everyone Spanish, even Collin Kolles is sacked Tongue Right now they're building a new car (first time since 2010 the Dallara chassis, which they modified and used in 2011) at the former Toyota F1 facility in Germany. During the first few fly-away races of 2012 they'll be moving their garage shop - currently also in Germany (which is owned by Colles) to a new location in Spain. And I think in the more distant future they'll be hooking up with Epsilon Euskadi, which has an F1 level facility and applied for one of the 2010 new team entrances.

I also think that Petrov will be going to Marussia as a third driver, but will end up doing some races next year (probably instead of Glock).

Sutil is likely going to Williams (where Maldonado already has a contract), I think that decision will be announced next week when the current talk about the past announcements has been lowered but ifnot then chances of that are getting smaller and smaller and maybe Giedo vd Garde will be driving there instead since he's Dutch, has money and Williams have loyal Dutch sponsors.

So I'm thinking (and hoping) Trulli will be gone too, I think right now they are looking which could be a good replacement and are talking with several other drivers amongst being d'Ambrosio, vd Garde and Chandhok. I don't see Heidfeld, Karthikeyan, Barrichello and Buemi race next year.

If you wanna see the latest status of the field, go to here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Formula_One_season it's not full of rumors it's based completely on confirmations and announcements - though contracts can be easily broken of course (see Petrov).

I ain't supporting anyone in particular, but I like it when Vettel or one of the McLaren guys wins.. I like Alonso and Kubica but Ferrari is my least favorite team.. and I like Sauber and Williams.
But in general I'm just a fan of the racing and follow the top teams but also the bottom teams Smiley
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 05:04:31 AM by IzzyDutch » Logged
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 01:15:03 PM »

I ain't supporting anyone in particular, but I like it when Vettel or one of the McLaren guys wins.. I like Alonso and Kubica but Ferrari is my least favorite team.. and I like Sauber and Williams.
But in general I'm just a fan of the racing and follow the top teams but also the bottom teams Smiley

Whoa, we have the same likes Wink

I like Vettel a lot, but I hope he doesn't win as many races next year and really HOPE that at least Mclaren and Ferrari have competitive cars right from the beginning.

Fuck 'Em All.
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 08:58:05 AM »

^ Yeah the same, I don't mind Vettel winning each race aslong as it's a close call and he has to fight for it till the last round Cool

But I suspect in 2012 everything will be closer to eachother..
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 04:37:27 AM »

I just don't want it to be like 2011 when the title was decided with a couple of races to go and Vettel had a massive point lead over everyone else. 2010 was superb with five drivers still battling it out till the end of the season, I hope 2012 is similar.

Vettel has already proved that he is a true, worthy double champion and that 2010 wasn't a fluke.

Fuck 'Em All.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 02:38:19 PM »

One week to go!

Time to start paying more attention to F1 again...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 03:40:53 AM »

Too bad about Kimi, Grosjean did a great job and it's good to see the RB days domianting are over Smiley
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 05:42:09 AM »

Vroom, vroom, Hamilton is back!... and in a non-ugly car!
Kimi was unlucky, eager to see what he can do tomorrow. Ferrari are in a rut and for once Red Bull not on the podium. 2012 looking good!

Fuck 'Em All.
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 06:58:52 AM »

Who's this Perez guy? Managed to catch the last 12 laps, he almost caught Alonso but made a minor mistake in the end and finished 2nd.

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 07:47:42 AM »

Somewhat ironic to have the team tell their driver who's faster than the race leader to stay calm and then see him make a mistake...

I wouldn't call it a minor mistake. It probably cost him the win.

He was that much faster than Alonso.

But maybe he just secured himself a drive at Ferrari for the future by coming in second... Wink

Fastest lap by Kimi. Too bad he had that grid penalty....

And what the hell was Red Bull telling Vettel at the end. Those guys seem confused. Will be interesting to hear the explanation to that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 12:14:56 PM »

Perez' mistake at the end was a rookie mistake.. he drove superbly that race, unlike other veterans. I think Perez will finish this year at Sauber though, but ifnot it could be that he and Massa switch seats. And Perez at Ferrari will just be a matter of time, ifnot this year then next year.

But it was a very nice race, am not a Ferrari fan but Alonso drove very strong.. shows how great of a driver he is in a shitty car, making the right decisions.

I really hope Lotus will be faster too from now on, I think they're much faster then we've seen right now, but it all just needs to fall in the right place. Mercedes I also hope they stay more in front, especially Rosberg.

Also I'm happy to see Williams as a team in the points and to see that they've got a car that is not that bad Smiley

But so far the field is so incredibly close, the margin between functioning and not functioning 100% is just a few tenths but lots of places.. after these two races it's still not entirely clear who's got the fastest car (after McLaren). Good to see..

And Vettel, his car radio didn't work but I believe he said in his post-race interview on German RTL that they wanted him to come in and spare the car but he said he came here to race and cross that finish line so that's what he did.
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 02:48:28 PM »

Somewhat ironic to have the team tell their driver who's faster than the race leader to stay calm and then see him make a mistake...

I wouldn't call it a minor mistake. It probably cost him the win.

He was that much faster than Alonso.

But maybe he just secured himself a drive at Ferrari for the future by coming in second... Wink

Fastest lap by Kimi. Too bad he had that grid penalty....

And what the hell was Red Bull telling Vettel at the end. Those guys seem confused. Will be interesting to hear the explanation to that.

/jarmo

Minor if you compare it to the possibility of him crashing and completely going out of the race and ruining everything good he has done during the race. Which I imagine is a lot since he started 9th and finished 2nd.

I agree with IzzyDutch, the mistake was a rookie one, he doesn't have the experience as Alonso or any other high profile driver but he does have that aggressiveness which is pretty rare these days. Most drivers just play it safe but not this guy.

As for him in a Ferrari, I'm not sure it's still early I think. Massa was never Ferrari material IMO, he never won a championship which is a must if you're driving a Ferrari. So yeah, maybe in a few years when he proves himself a bit more, after all this was just one race and you can't give him a Ferrari that fast.  Wink

And a nice attitude by Vettel, most people would just give up but not him. Act of a true champion I guess.  ok

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 03:18:28 PM »

Perez' mistake at the end was a rookie mistake.. he drove superbly that race, unlike other veterans. I think Perez will finish this year at Sauber though, but ifnot it could be that he and Massa switch seats. And Perez at Ferrari will just be a matter of time, ifnot this year then next year.

Not sure if it is a good decision to continue in the footsteps of people like Barrichello and Massa.

He'll be #2 there. At Sauber, he can be #1.

I really hope Lotus will be faster too from now on, I think they're much faster then we've seen right now, but it all just needs to fall in the right place.

Fastest lap time by Kimi.

All they need is a "normal weekend". No silly qualifying mistakes, no mechanical issues, no penalties and dry weather instead of the lottery you get in rain.

That should be interesting..

And Vettel, his car radio didn't work but I believe he said in his post-race interview on German RTL that they wanted him to come in and spare the car but he said he came here to race and cross that finish line so that's what he did.

Yeah, as far as I remember, he was told to pit, then stay out, then stop on the track.

On the last lap.

Makes you wonder. He was outside the points. So if he doesn't finish, it could be tactical?

I agree with IzzyDutch, the mistake was a rookie one, he doesn't have the experience as Alonso or any other high profile driver but he does have that aggressiveness which is pretty rare these days. Most drivers just play it safe but not this guy.

I wouldn't call it a rookie mistake.

A simple driver error.

Look at Button, look at Grosjean... They made mistakes too and they're not rookies.

And a nice attitude by Vettel, most people would just give up but not him. Act of a true champion I guess.  ok

Nice that he didn't just stop.

Less nice:
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-angry-sebastian-vettel-calls-narain-karthikeyan-a-cucumber/

hihi

/jarmo

IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2012, 01:34:40 PM »

hehe cucumber Grin

I just read that Vettel deliberatly ignored the pitt cal, eventhough the radio was out the pit signed showed the info. Vettel said they wanted him to spare the car for being able to exchange the gearbox without a penalty.. but I can imagine Vettel as 2 time WC that he finds that below standard, they're a WC winning team who needs to get their act straight.

Horner however is not amused and has called Vettel back to England to talk it out.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: