Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:32:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Q Magazine - 100 Greatest Songs Ever (Full List inc)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Q Magazine - 100 Greatest Songs Ever (Full List inc)  (Read 19611 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2006, 05:16:34 PM »

top two are oasis, was this the brothers doing the list rofl
Stonerose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2006, 07:30:26 PM »

What a terrible list, theres some great songs in there, but comon, Angels by robbies williams higher ranked than hey jude by the beatles? Fuck off. Theres so many classic songs missing. I hate Q magazine.
T_Roxie
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2006, 06:48:16 AM »

That is a truly awful list.  Comfortably numb, sweet child not as  good as some Oasis song?  What a joke.
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2006, 07:07:06 AM »

typical Q mag style - pumping up the Brit-Pop

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2006, 04:21:07 PM »

typical of people on this board, lets bash oasis, coz there isn't another band as good as GNR! get over yourselfs!

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2006, 04:36:18 PM »

What a load of sh1te.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2006, 04:46:40 PM »

typical of people on this board, lets bash oasis, coz there isn't another band as good as GNR! get over yourselfs!

Well, let's be honest - even if GNR had never existed there would still be several(read: 100's) of bands that make Oasis look pathetic. The notion that their songs are rated over the Beatles, Queen, U2- well, it isn't really worth listing all of them, but you get the point- pretty much invalidates the entire list as far as I'm concerned.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2006, 06:39:01 PM »

It's only natural a magazine shows big interest in locals.  Seeing joy division at no7 is the utter surreal tho.
How many foreign bands are in the charts in US or in any country?
Stonerose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2006, 07:30:52 PM »

I love Oasis, there one of my fav bands i just dont think live forever is the greatest song of all time. I dont think GNR should be any were near number one either. I think they should hav had a song like 'A day in the life' or somethin as NO. 1.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2006, 07:34:14 PM »

Captan obvious to the rescue, m' lady

Nothing wrong with the Oasis rankings. I think "The Drugs Dont Work" is a better song by The Verve than "Bitterswet Symphony"

Lucky man is better than the pair of em

That's a hatrick for Doull
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2006, 02:32:05 PM »

Well, let's be honest - even if GNR had never existed there would still be several(read: 100's) of bands that make Oasis look pathetic. The notion that their songs are rated over the Beatles, Queen, U2- well, it isn't really worth listing all of them, but you get the point- pretty much invalidates the entire list as far as I'm concerned.
[/quote

U2 make oasis look pathetic, right-o, when do u see liam gallagher acting like the next jesus christ like bono does? to simpily dismiss all oasis acomplishments coz u don't like them is stupid. It seems the cool thing to bash them now! even if this list has been picked by the Q writers, oasis still top polls when it's just the fans that have voted!

1.beatles
2.sex pistols
3.queen
4.U2
5.Oasis

Oasis are one of the best british bands of all time FACT!

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2006, 03:08:01 PM »

OMG that list fucking sucks!  what the fuck is Q magazine.  oasis as # 1 and #2?Huh??  where is bob dylan?

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2006, 03:21:06 PM »

[/quote

U2 make oasis look pathetic, right-o, when do u see liam gallagher acting like the next jesus christ like bono does? to simpily dismiss all oasis acomplishments coz u don't like them is stupid. It seems the cool thing to bash them now! even if this list has been picked by the Q writers, oasis still top polls when it's just the fans that have voted!

1.beatles
2.sex pistols
3.queen
4.U2
5.Oasis

Oasis are one of the best british bands of all time FACT!

Well, Liam seems to act like an arrogant, and occasionally drunken, ass most of the time, and his vocal pitch is terrible.  The lyrics whether written by Noel or Liam are cliched tripe with distressingly nonsensical rhyme schemes. I don't really know what Bono has to do with it, but at least he can sing, write good melodies, and for all his supposed arrogance, he is genuinely devoted to humanitarian causes. If we're talking arrogance, Noel Gallagher is the one who has been quoted as saying his songs are as good or better than songs written by any songwriter of any era.

As far as it being cool to bash them these days, I can honestly say I've thought they were crap since hearing Wonderwall for the first time. It's a matter of opinion - we can agree to disagree.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: