Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 12:30:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227881 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  This tastes like pretzels - the Tommy Stinson interview
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: This tastes like pretzels - the Tommy Stinson interview  (Read 30126 times)
Chandler
Headliner

« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2004, 07:40:51 AM »

Jarmo,

Did you take any pics with Tommy?

It don't really matter...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2004, 09:16:28 AM »

2. have u listened to VR's contraband yet

Why's that interesting?

I could've asked if he likes Mark Lanegan too.  Grin

I didn't take any pics of Tommy's show.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2004, 10:08:23 AM »

One question I thought of was what's up with Robin? We hear even less about him than we hear about Axl. Did Tommy mention him at all? The closest thing to it was when he said how much better off they were w/o Buckethead.

I've seen enough.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2004, 10:10:22 AM »

No, he didn't mention Robin to me.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2004, 10:14:05 AM »

If I wanted to hear a musician talk about politics id listen to country, atleast they arent French.

I'm not sure your racist comments are welcome here.

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2004, 11:20:04 AM »

One question I thought of was what's up with Robin? We hear even less about him than we hear about Axl. Did Tommy mention him at all? The closest thing to it was when he said how much better off they were w/o Buckethead.

He supposedly told a guy in Scandinavia that Robin was taking dancing lessons. Don't know if he was joking or what  Grin

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
axlrose_7
Headliner

I Rock

« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2004, 06:35:11 PM »

Tommy: No, no... Buckethead going away is the best thing that could've happened to the band

I wonder why he said that. Sorry if this has been answered. I'm too lazy to read the whole thread  Grin

My words may disturb but at least there's a reaction
Death Cube K
« Reply #107 on: October 17, 2004, 10:03:13 AM »

He supposedly told a guy in Scandinavia that Robin was taking dancing lessons. Don't know if he was joking or what

Yup, he told my mate. I didnt catch it, because I was desperately trying to figure out the next question to ask him, but yeah, he's been taking dancing lessons of some sort.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2004, 08:53:02 AM »

No is the answer to your question.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2004, 12:00:08 PM »

Why is tommy even considering touring in the winter months( even if nothing happens) ,why doesn't he want to be closer to the project being he's been watching from a far for so long... It's not a knock, you just figure he would want to be a little closer being he seems to be sheltered..
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2004, 12:53:10 PM »

Why is tommy even considering touring in the winter months( even if nothing happens) ,why doesn't he want to be closer to the project being he's been watching from a far for so long... It's not a knock, you just figure he would want to be a little closer being he seems to be sheltered..

Its a good point! But he did say that he needed to catch up before he committed to a tour, so maybe its a back up plan to fill his time in case there are more delays. Its that or join Robin on his dancing course!

Here today...ready to rock
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2004, 01:40:57 PM »

Quality interview Jarmo.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2004, 04:26:37 PM »

Its a good point! But he did say that he needed to catch up before he committed to a tour, so maybe its a back up plan to fill his time in case there are more delays. Its that or join Robin on his dancing course!

This is me thinking out loud, if it was me who calls in every few weeks and has heard a few songs here and there and wasn't really sure of a release date I'd be pretty pumped about the final works on this first album by the band..

It's not like they have four albums out and this is just another typical album set for release where one guy watching would be suitable..

This is a work in progress over the past 5-6 years and it's a collaboration of about ten people total, and the re birth of a band with a very big name to fill.. It's cool tommy has had his down time while waiting, but for me it would be the furthest (solo work) thing on my mind... Dizzy mentioned the album has been pushed back from Nov, to February, so why not just get the entire band together and enjoy the finished product, and be together to make sure everything goes smooth?

I'm sure the guys haven't been together alot in several months, so go back catch up and be on the same page and discuss the future of eevrything involved..
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2004, 11:53:45 PM »

Mike, great points.....I agree with your feelings, although I would tell you that I imagine Tommy will be returning to home base for a lil' pow-wow prior to making any solo commitments....If the Gnr machine isn't ready to be revved up, why be there?  It's pretty clear that his priorities are with GNR (and rightly so), yet if he's got more opportunities to get himself and his work out there in the meantime, more power to him...When the time arrives, he'll be the first one to lead the charge..
realgunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2004, 12:22:41 AM »

There's a question you could have asked him.

What do you think about VR? do you like their music?
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2004, 03:12:47 AM »

This is me thinking out loud, if it was me who calls in every few weeks and has heard a few songs here and there and wasn't really sure of a release date I'd be pretty pumped about the final works on this first album by the band..

It's not like they have four albums out and this is just another typical album set for release where one guy watching would be suitable..

This is a work in progress over the past 5-6 years and it's a collaboration of about ten people total, and the re birth of a band with a very big name to fill.. It's cool tommy has had his down time while waiting, but for me it would be the furthest (solo work) thing on my mind... Dizzy mentioned the album has been pushed back from Nov, to February, so why not just get the entire band together and enjoy the finished product, and be together to make sure everything goes smooth?

I'm sure the guys haven't been together alot in several months, so go back catch up and be on the same page and discuss the future of eevrything involved..

I agree, I'd be pumped up if I was working on Chinese Democracy! But maybe its not as simple as that...maybe Axl doesn't want 7-10 (given the engineers and Merck) people around him whilst trying to finish the record. So he calls each one in as he needs them. Which probably explains the continuous delays, but I don't blame Tommy - if that is the way Axl has decided to work, it is clear he has accepted that to do this he must be flexible with his band members aswell.

Here today...ready to rock
realgunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2004, 06:39:17 PM »

Why's that interesting?

I could've asked if he likes Mark Lanegan too.? Grin

/jarmo
I think it would be more interesting to ask Tommy about the VR album; what I don't see to be interesting at all and has nothing to do with music is to ask Tommy about George Bush whom by the way is gonna win.   peace
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #117 on: October 19, 2004, 07:21:04 PM »

I think it would be more interesting to ask Tommy about the VR album; what I don't see to be interesting at all and has nothing to do with music is to ask Tommy about George Bush whom by the way is gonna win.? ?peace

Maybe if you actually read the question and understood it, you might notice hat I didn't mention that name at all in the interview. I dare you, go read it again and point out the part where I asked "Don't you just hate George W. Bush?".

Must be tough being a republican when the majority of the artists you listen to want a new president.

/jarmo

realgunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: October 19, 2004, 07:24:07 PM »

but one thing is for sure, calling GNR a band is like saying Nine Inch Nails is a band.? It is one person with an everchanging cast of characters.
Only you,me and the rest of the world knows that.  rofl  hihi
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #119 on: October 19, 2004, 08:07:36 PM »

Must be tough being a republican when the majority of the artists you listen to want a new president.

Alice Cooper quote:
"If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are."

~RepublicanGypsy

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: