Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 06:57:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  This tastes like pretzels - the Tommy Stinson interview
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This tastes like pretzels - the Tommy Stinson interview  (Read 30125 times)
Gunner Fucker
Axl's Yes Man
Headliner

Bucketwho?

« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2004, 03:06:31 PM »

And you're a much bigger one if you're a rockstar trying to tell people who to vote. Shocked
 hihi

beer
Rock On.

If All I Knew Was That With You I'd Want Someone To Save Me, It'd Be Enough.
axlholic09
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: October 23, 2004, 06:16:59 PM »

cooper is cool but hes always dissin people(its funny) hihi
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2004, 06:35:36 AM »

Congratulations jarmo on your terrific interview!!! beer

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2004, 11:41:39 PM »

Here's the transcript / interview. /jarmo

Hey  J-Lu, a personal question if you don't mind!!?
How often do you masturb

Which occurance summoned warmer&fuzzier "YAY!"feeling inside you:
Interviewing mr Stinson?
Or
When Axl mentioned you&HTGTH in that one live show few years back?

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2004, 09:23:18 AM »

No idea.... I don't think about it that much, both were very cool things.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Kahz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2004, 09:56:50 PM »

Must be tough being a republican when the majority of the artists you listen to want a new president.

Alice Cooper quote:
"If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are."
"When I read the list of people who are supporting Kerry, if I wasn't already a Bush supporter, I would have immediately switched. Linda Ronstadt? Don Henley? Geez, that's a good reason right there to vote for Bush."

"Can you hear yourself? ... He can't hear shit. It'd be real nice if he could hear better. Probably'd make the song go better."
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2004, 10:38:27 PM »

Which occurance summoned warmer&fuzzier "YAY!"feeling inside you:
Interviewing mr Stinson?
Or
When Axl mentioned you&HTGTH in that one live show few years back?

No idea.... I don't think about it that much, both were very cool things.

/jarmo

Well actually, the Axl thing would have easily been Jarmo's favorite but since Axl thought Jarmo is from Belgium, the Tommy interview got extra warm&fuzzy points for happening in Sweden. ?hihi?

Axl could have said either Finland or Sweden and been correct but since he's an American like me, we just pick any country NOT ours and figure it's close enough.? Tongue

Arrogant Americans ROCK!!! headbanger

« Last Edit: October 30, 2004, 10:41:12 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #127 on: November 08, 2004, 02:41:32 PM »

JARMO - Question: Did Tommy decline to answer any questions?

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #128 on: November 08, 2004, 02:48:36 PM »

JARMO - Question: Did Tommy decline to answer any questions?

No, that's the whole interview I transcribed.

All the questions I had written down were answered.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 08, 2004, 09:17:21 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #129 on: November 12, 2004, 03:14:46 PM »

I keep reading the song albums amount question where he said like 35 songs then 30 and the narrrowing down.. Do you get the feeling he means there is only ONE album they did, or multiple?

I get one from that interview unless Im missed something
estranged.1098
« Reply #130 on: November 12, 2004, 05:25:58 PM »

I keep reading the song albums amount question where he said like 35 songs then 30 and the narrrowing down.. Do you get the feeling he means there is only ONE album they did, or multiple?

I get one from that interview unless Im missed something

Could you provide specific quotes - 'cause I have no idea what you're talking about.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #131 on: November 12, 2004, 07:05:32 PM »

HTGTH: You said "Chinese Democracy" is almost done. But people are wondering what's been happening all these years? Have you worked on 18 songs for one album or is it like a bunch of songs that you could put out within a year or so?

Tommy: Originally we had a fucking whole lot of songs we were working on. We kinda rolled around them and just kinda kept molding them as we went along.

The process of making the GN'R record is a long process to begin with. Because basically, Axl as a producer is trying to get the best out of eight guys and get them all in a song, like trying to pull everyone in. You know, mush it together like a fucking piece of clay or something. Trying to form a piece of art work out of it. It takes time.

It's not like when I was in the Replacements, Paul would come to rehearsal with a couple of songs. "Ok, this is how they go, watch me play the chords," we play it, go to the studio and knock it down in an hour. It's not like that.

He has a way of working with people and pulling them in. Get you to bring something to the plate that's gonna be special and cool for that song. And it just takes a long time. Because you got eight guys you know. So that process takes a while.

When you're working on 35 or so pieces of music that you're trying to finish. Trying to... Basically the cream of the crop of that, to make a record of. It's really hard to decide. Because out of 35 things, we might all like parts and bits of 30 songs. So then you gotta further narrow that down, and you know. It just takes a while. That's all I can say about that. It just takes a while and when it's done, it'll be done and when it comes out we're gonna totally tour behind it and fucking, and rock out.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #132 on: November 12, 2004, 08:19:44 PM »

Yeah, well it seems like they've been working on a bunch of songs and not just 18 songs for an album.

Then choose the best ones, finish them and put them out.

/jarmo

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #133 on: November 13, 2004, 02:16:59 PM »

HTGTH: Have you worked on 18 songs for one album or is it like a bunch of songs that you could put out within a year or so?

Tommy: Originally we had a fucking whole lot of songs we were working on. We kinda rolled around them and just kinda kept molding them as we went along.
When you're working on 35 or so pieces of music that you're trying to finish. Trying to... Basically the cream of the crop of that, to make a record of. It's really hard to decide. Because out of 35 things, we might all like parts and bits of 30 songs. So then you gotta further narrow that down, and you know. It just takes a while. That's all I can say about that.[/b]
Here he?s just talking about an album that he?s asked bout.
That could also mean they might have 30~35 materials for each album.
Don?t you remember what Dizzy said? They brought so many ideas that they could make like 2 versions for each song.

I?d rather look to this bit. Cool

HTGTH : You've all been writing songs for it? Everyone's basically credited for every song?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Tommy: Yeah, I mean, I think pretty much everyone's brought something to the plate that we've turned into one thing or the other. I don't know if the song or two I wrote is necessarily gonna make this record or the next record. But everyone's brought stuff together that we've worked out and turned into stuff and it'll probably used at some point one way or the other. We've all contributed to pretty much everything on it in some form or another, you know.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2004, 02:18:45 PM by ppbebe » Logged
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2004, 01:46:59 AM »

He said in an earlier interview that Buckethead's parts ARE going to be on the album.  Does Tommy really know what's going on for the final processes though?  The latest was Brain was doing percussion at some point so it can go into the final mixing stages.  I just want a single or something to satisfy my craving.  Maybe a huge press release or something like last time!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: