Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 01:21:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227881 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Boston Herald
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Boston Herald  (Read 31429 times)
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« on: February 25, 2006, 07:14:51 AM »

GN'R have taken offence at a recent article by the Boston Herald criticising the songs that were recently leaked. Considering they were unfinished products, their article was a little harsh.

Alot of you seemed to have enjoyed the recent songs (even though no-one should have really heard them in the first place  hihi). You have given opinions but at the same time said that you will not judge them completely until the final versions are released.

If you want to express an opinion to the Boston Herald, you can email them here;

letterstoeditor@bostonherald.com

Olorin
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 07:17:51 AM »

Where's the article, is it online?
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 07:19:26 AM »

Axl was offended?
why doesn't he bitch and complain about it.
it's his music.
who am i to tell the boston herald their opinion is better than mine.
free speach... they can say what they want. it's just their opinion ok

Chinese Democracy!
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 07:19:45 AM »

That is an unfortunate situation ...

But, on the other hand I find it objectionable that when GNR, management, or yourself want fans to do something, you're quite willing to call upon up to take action, but when we want some information from GNR, management or yourself we get only the standard company lines or cryptic non-messages. 

It does go both ways you know ...

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 07:21:48 AM »

Yes where is the article? I haven't read it. If I am to write my displeasure to them I would like to know what I'm angry about.

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 07:22:06 AM »

But, on the other hand I find it objectionable that when GNR, management, or yourself want fans to do something, you're quite willing to call upon up to take action, but when we want some information from GNR, management or yourself we get only the standard company lines or cryptic non-messages.?

amen

this is all kinda ?weird situation........... ?Undecided

So what I conclude out of this is that no one from management or axl is behind the leaks...........Could you ask who is??? And what they will do about it??

« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 07:33:03 AM by Dont Try Me » Logged

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 07:25:47 AM »

But, on the other hand I find it objectionable that when GNR, management, or yourself want fans to do something, you're quite willing to call upon up to take action, but when we want some information from GNR, management or yourself we get only the standard company lines or cryptic non-messages.?

Great answer  ok
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 07:27:28 AM »

Axl, GNR, and Merck can fight their own battles for once. The fans have carried them for too long. This media conspiracy bullshit is getting old. No one cares what a newspaper has to say about demos. Why does Axl?

Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 07:30:13 AM »

Here's an abstract of the Feb 24 story (you have to pay for the whole story, and I ain't gonna):

Boston's WAAF was one of the first radio stations to air the tunes, playing them for several days until lawyers for GN'R frontman Axl Rose called and asked the station to stop.

The Herald heard three of the songs yesterday, and we can tell you they're not Axl's best. The new tunes lack the muscle and drive of classic GN'R, the melodies are forgettable and ...

This pretty much gives you the gist of what they were saying. Obviously the person who wrote it is comparing these demos to songs they've heard a million times on the radio. I wouldn't worry about it. A studio version of Better, with good label support (a few guaranteed spins on radio, MTV, and VH1), would do great... and that would shut everyone up.

I've seen enough.
Olorin
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 07:33:27 AM »

Here's an abstract of the Feb 24 story (you have to pay for the whole story, and I ain't gonna):

Boston's WAAF was one of the first radio stations to air the tunes, playing them for several days until lawyers for GN'R frontman Axl Rose called and asked the station to stop.

The Herald heard three of the songs yesterday, and we can tell you they're not Axl's best. The new tunes lack the muscle and drive of classic GN'R, the melodies are forgettable and ...

This pretty much gives you the gist of what they were saying. Obviously the person who wrote it is comparing these demos to songs they've heard a million times on the radio. I wouldn't worry about it. A studio version of Better, with good label support (a few guaranteed spins on radio, MTV, and VH1), would do great... and that would shut everyone up.

I dunno, I think that is a fair enough observation, why do gnr feel so hard done by?
88 Days
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 07:35:03 AM »

i always wanted to know this but never got an answer, who the hell is this "mysterion" and how can his connection to gnr management be proven? i want proof before i believe anything.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2006, 07:35:37 AM »

another question for you mysteron........Did Axl read or is aware from our comments on the songs? How much we like them? That is all he should know realy.....we still care.....we like the songs........ Why worry about some stupid journalist. ?ok

Did axl ordered you to go post this on a messageboard? Or was it your idea........I think the last......

« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 07:39:27 AM by Dont Try Me » Logged

Olorin
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 07:41:36 AM »

Guns N? Roses fires early-warning shot
By Christopher Blagg
Friday, February 24, 2006

After 13 years without an album, Guns N? Roses grabbed the spotlight last weekend when several tracks from their long-awaited record ?Chinese Democracy? were leaked on line.

Boston?s WAAF was one of the first radio stations to air the tunes, playing them for several days until lawyers for GN?R frontman Axl Rose called and asked the station to stop.

WAAF listeners were enthusiastic about the songs, according to Program Director Ron Valeri. ?The intrigue around the material is massive, a lot of curiosity,? he said. ?Everyone?s got an opinion, but I?d say overall (reaction) was favorable.?

The Herald heard three of the songs yesterday, and we can tell you they?re not Axl?s best. The new tunes lack the muscle and drive of classic GN?R, the melodies are forgettable and the new industrial/electronica accents sound forced, as if Rose is desperately trying to keep up with the kids.

GN?R has been working on ?Chinese Democracy? for at least eight years - will it finally be released this year? Valeri thinks the band?s plans to tour Europe this summer - and the timing of the song leaks - are hints that it will.

?Many are theorizing that it was Axl who made this stuff available,? he said. ?Frankly, it wouldn?t be a bad idea. Put a feeler in the water, see how much attention you get from the media. I think he?s probably got to feel pretty good about this.?
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2006, 07:43:19 AM »

Whats so bad about that, so the reveiwer wasnt keen on the songs but it is hardly an unjust article.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2006, 07:43:53 AM »

http://theedge.bostonherald.com/musicNews/view.bg?articleid=127766

there's a link to the article.

I will reply to the Herald about the article. I am very excited about the direction Axl and GnR have taken. and will express my sentiments to them as well as chastise them for judging unfairly ok

damn!!! Olarin beat me!! rant kidding its all good hihi

Don't try me, the media is a very powerful tool. with this artilce they could sway potential fans before the album is even released

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2006, 07:43:59 AM »

GN'R have taken offence at a recent article by the Boston Herald criticising the songs that were recently leaked. Considering they were unfinished products, their article was a little harsh.

Alot of you seemed to have enjoyed the recent songs (even though no-one should have really heard them in the first place hihi). You have given opinions but at the same time said that you will not judge them completely until the final versions are released.

I don't get it, management doesn't want us to hear the new tracks but they would like us to defend the band and contact this newspaper?

madagas
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2006, 07:45:32 AM »

Mysteron, no offense, but Mr Rose can respond...or Merck. If they are old, then tell them the age of the demos. Real simple. Also, while you are at it, don't let them take off Bucket's solo at the end of TWAT. Grin Lord knows, just release the record or a true single and everyone will shut up.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2006, 07:46:44 AM »

Lord knows, just release the record or a true single and everyone will shut up.

True that.

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006, 07:49:09 AM »

Alot of you seemed to have enjoyed the recent songs (even though no-one should have really heard them in the first place hihi). You have given opinions but at the same time said that you will not judge them completely until the final versions are released.

I don't get it, management doesn't want us to hear the new tracks but they would like us to defend the band and contact this newspaper?

I don't get it either...... I doubt this is Axl's idea...... Mysteron probably thought it was a good idea for us to do and posted it.....no way the band wants us defend such matter......... not this way.....not in this particular situation......not for an article that no one takes seriously anyways.....it isn't justified........for ones I think this is mysteron's first 'rediculous' post....

I'll say it again........we fans.....do like the new songs very much.....that's all axl and band needs to know.........I very much doubt that Axl worries about such a shitty journalist article anyways..

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2006, 07:50:45 AM »

Great point, Will. Dont you guys rmember when Mysteron started that thread when the leaks happened that management wanted us to forget that these demos even existed? So why do they want us to remember them all of a sudden?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: