Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 08:58:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Boston Herald
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Boston Herald  (Read 31428 times)
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #200 on: February 26, 2006, 09:23:01 PM »

*waves at Merk* Grin

That cracked me up dude.? Let's all wave at Merk!? peace? ok

Yeah uh I am not going to kiss anyones ass.

I don't have an opinion of Merk.

Usually fans of bands don't get hired.

I know fans of U2 can not get jobs with U2. Reason for too much fan no work.

Um....wasn't asking for a job.? I was being friendly.? Cuz I'm a friendly person.?

Not kissing ass either, or at least not trying to lol

Your entitled to your opintion, so am I, right?? peace

Grin

No I know you werent talking about a job as road crew, someone else was I was just mentioning it the post.

Yeah you are entitled to it, never said you weren't

I may not agree with what you say but as I have used the Voltaire quote before I will defend to the death your right to say it!

Fuck All Y'all
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #201 on: February 26, 2006, 09:25:22 PM »

No I know you werent talking about a job as road crew, someone else was I was just mentioning it the post.

it was a joke dude Roll Eyes

just want to give people a larf. ok

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #202 on: February 27, 2006, 12:03:56 AM »

Not to get off-topic, but I think we should lay off Mysteron. He gives us info that we otherwise would not get. And for that , to him, I say thank you.

i agree, Mysteron, thank u. u are the man, u have helped us fans get through the hard times and keep hope. Things are finally looking up. i just hope we get an official statement soon.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #203 on: February 27, 2006, 01:50:15 AM »

I sent them a letter knowing that they should have made notice of the fact they are unfinished product.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
elmir
VIP

« Reply #204 on: February 27, 2006, 04:42:37 AM »

Merck sent me an email asking me to rally the GN'R supporters against a paper / article that was being unfairly negative and he felt GN"R fans might want to do something about it. It was no big deal and it had nothing to do with Axl or the rest of the band.

Here's an idea for you...
write back to Merck (or if he reads this, then you won't have to), and ask him to come here, log in, intoduce himself, and tell something like this to everyone here:

"Hello to all HTGTH GNR fans....I would like to apologise to all of you first and foremost, for all the delays and lack of feedback, but we are AWARE of all your contributions over the years, and I would like you to know that we value this community and your input.

Having said that, there are a number of things we have in store for you, some of which I cannot talk about right now, but based on your comments and enthusiasm over the past 12 years, I am 100% sure that you will approve.

Blah blah blah......."

And here's the twist......maybe he can stay logged in, Jarmo moderates this and collects only the most worthy questions for a man like Merck, and MErck answers.

Then I will send any letter to anyone you want us to...Boston Herald isn't the only paper who reacted that way....there's a whole load of others.....

...what do you say about that?

...sounds democratic to me, its not like we're asking him to walk to Tasmania barefoot over burning coals...merely a simple letter he can write up in his super plush office in front of his laptop, whilst he's chuggin on a cigar.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #205 on: February 27, 2006, 07:41:24 AM »

now that sounds like a good idea

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
RichardNixon
« Reply #206 on: February 27, 2006, 07:43:11 AM »

Anyone here get the Herald? Did they publish our letters? One?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #207 on: February 27, 2006, 10:20:18 AM »

look up there website ok

and search yourself
RichardNixon
« Reply #208 on: February 27, 2006, 10:26:10 AM »

I couldn't find letters to the editor. no crying
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #209 on: February 27, 2006, 10:45:50 AM »

Then I will send any letter to anyone you want us to...Boston Herald isn't the only paper who reacted that way....there's a whole load of others.....

...what do you say about that?

...sounds democratic to me,

No You Don't.

the very essence of Democracy is freedom.
If it's not freewill, there's no point in doing whatever.

Do it on your own initiative. Do it for your love of music or don't.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #210 on: February 27, 2006, 11:06:26 AM »

No You Don't.

the very essence of Democracy is freedom.
If it's not freewill, there's no point in doing whatever.

Do it on your own initiative. Do it for your love of music or don't.

if that's the case....let's send a letter to every single media element which reacts that way...

I'm just not sure why we got asked to do this with the Boston herald and not anyone else?

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #211 on: February 27, 2006, 11:21:15 AM »

Maybe I'm wrong on this but:

Don't we as a group (GnR Fan's) look more and more pathetic everytime we send scathing "Letters to the Editor" and other complaints to media outlets and websites. After 12 years of defending a band and album that doesn't seem to ever want to see the light of day, I think we get taken alot less serious and almost become (the the authors and editors) a bigger joke than the band we are deffending.

To me the only smart thing is to wait for a response from the band. The Boston Herald isn't going to care if Jim from Boston sends a letter saying "they weren't very fair, and should take into consideration that these are only demo's" infact they are probably going to print 5 letters agreeing with their assesment for every one of ours that they get.

As has been said in another thread, these message boards have been the saving grace of this band for years. We have been the front line in keeping this band in the public eye anyway we can. I think it's time for the band to step up make a statement and return the 14 years of goodwill and support that they have gotten from this community. Whatever fan base they have left and any info that has made it into the public regarding the new lineup came from these boards.

Mysteron this isn't a shot at you or your idea, but I just wonder what good it is going to do when the Herald gets a few hundred poorly written letters from outside the US (the paper and it's readers aren't going to care that English isn't their native tongue)  infact i am willing to be that they post a letter from AxlVenRose (without letting the reader know where it originated from) just to make us look like a bunch of uneducated morons.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #212 on: February 27, 2006, 11:49:17 AM »

Don't we as a group (GnR Fan's) look more and more pathetic everytime we send scathing "Letters to the Editor" and other complaints to media outlets and websites. After 12 years of defending a band and album that doesn't seem to ever want to see the light of day, I think we get taken alot less serious and almost become (the the authors and editors) a bigger joke than the band we are deffending.

To me the only smart thing is to wait for a response from the band. The Boston Herald isn't going to care if Jim from Boston sends a letter saying "they weren't very fair, and should take into consideration that these are only demo's" infact they are probably going to print 5 letters agreeing with their assesment for every one of ours that they get.

As has been said in another thread, these message boards have been the saving grace of this band for years. We have been the front line in keeping this band in the public eye anyway we can. I think it's time for the band to step up make a statement and return the 14 years of goodwill and support that they have gotten from this community. Whatever fan base they have left and any info that has made it into the public regarding the new lineup came from these boards.

Mysteron this isn't a shot at you or your idea, but I just wonder what good it is going to do when the Herald gets a few hundred poorly written letters from outside the US (the paper and it's readers aren't going to care that English isn't their native tongue)  infact i am willing to be that they post a letter from AxlVenRose (without letting the reader know where it originated from) just to make us look like a bunch of uneducated morons.

yeah where is AxlRoseven? did he write his letter yet? rofl rofl

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Ejay
Opening Act

Guns are Allowed

« Reply #213 on: February 27, 2006, 03:11:58 PM »

The problem is lack of any official news.
I agree that the Boston article is not the most well written article, there based on demo's vs well known songs.
sooner or later this was going to happen, people make up their mind based on what we've got, and what we've got is demo's from a couple of years back and nothing else.
A little bit of official news would help.

Mysteron, don't take it personally, people are a bit irritated, can't blame them after all those years.
We (atleast I) appreciate your postings here? ok

Ah, welll, as if you know. Take a Blunt dutchie.

In Guns we Trust, Guns never let us down
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #214 on: February 27, 2006, 06:25:32 PM »

Mysteron this isn't a shot at you or your idea, but I just wonder what good it is going to do when the Herald gets a few hundred poorly written letters from outside the US (the paper and it's readers aren't going to care that English isn't their native tongue)? infact i am willing to be that they post a letter from AxlVenRose (without letting the reader know where it originated from) just to make us look like a bunch of uneducated morons.

I agree with you..I mean, we all love GnR and Axl, we believe, we breath, we live expecting news from Axl and the boys...but things like this is the band and the managers that should take care off...We gave and continue giving all these years, our love and hope, and if it werent for us (the fans)...the band would be as good as dead....We want to hear some official statement from the band, cause we beliiiieeeeeve in YOU Smiley   

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #215 on: February 27, 2006, 07:10:16 PM »

The thing is, it's not just for GNR. Or rather it's for yourself. If it's not for your love of music, don't do it.

echirisl, jolly good!  I agree that we better behave not to be asses or asses in a lions skin.

Coma, as far as the letters are sensibly written, like the ones posted in this thread, I guess, No worries.

What if a mere local paper of Boston gets worldwide attention and response just for this once, thanks to GNR? Oh fuck?!!!

if that's the case....let's send a letter to every single media element which reacts that way...

I'm just not sure why we got asked to do this with the Boston herald and not anyone else?

I think we're not asked anything but we're recommended expressing ourselves on the outside of the community like we do inside.
The reason they brought only this article to our notice is, I don't know but, polly because it reviews the pieces without mentioning that those are demos and not final cuts.

I personally doubt the writer listened to the demos. Cos his criticism is wide off the mark IMO.

To start with, the industrial/electronica music has long history as punk. From what I've heard, it had been everly underground or just uk, euro local thing till the likes of Nin took it up and made it, which was ages ago. You can't call it a flavour of this week unless you're somewhere in late 90s US (or in mid 80s UK?).
And, None of the leaked demos resembles to what we see on the charts.

Thus I'd condsider their putting it as "desperately trying to keep up with the kids" offensive. 
The comment is biased not only against GNR's new songs but also against every unconventional musical attempt ever made and will be made in the future.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: