Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:14:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Earlier versions of I.R.S. and Twat Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Earlier versions of I.R.S. and Twat Discussion  (Read 30510 times)
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #180 on: May 29, 2006, 02:13:17 PM »

Sorry I've missed something...

Whats going on?
Steel_Angel
« Reply #181 on: May 29, 2006, 03:16:27 PM »

can someone PM me with a link to that 10 mins version of twat? ok
it aint 10, its 5. my bad.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #182 on: May 29, 2006, 03:54:28 PM »

i think it`s safe to say they just layed the vocal tracks from these old demos over the "new" ones. that`d explain why axl sounds so different in better....

and that means we`ll get complete new versions of the song on CD

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
RichardNixon
« Reply #183 on: June 01, 2006, 07:10:18 PM »

I think the original leaks (from March) are wayyy better. I don't care for the new IRS at all. It does not sound good that slowed down. The new TWAT sounds okay, but I also prefer the original leak.
ROSE22
« Reply #184 on: June 01, 2006, 07:14:02 PM »

i prefer the arrangement of the leaked i.r.s as opposed to the new version they are playing live. i don't mind the tempo slowed down though.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #185 on: June 01, 2006, 09:40:29 PM »

... or yall can get them here hahahaha? ?GrinUndecided
benchiefjr
« Reply #186 on: June 01, 2006, 09:41:04 PM »

... or yall can get them here hahahaha   Grin   Undecided
OMGZZZ!!! Linkz post...Bananananned rofl
Steel_Angel
« Reply #187 on: June 01, 2006, 09:42:25 PM »

err no u have to register and all so its not a direct?link Grin Grin
yowza
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #188 on: June 02, 2006, 12:16:40 AM »

Someone pm me the TWAT new one..

I have no interest in another version of irs.. the first one still hasn't grown on me and in my opinion the bh solo was it's saving grace.

The newly leaked IRS sounds much better and has no buckethead on it. The newly leaked TWAT sounds boring and missing parts...

gnrevolution.com
EFISH
« Reply #189 on: June 02, 2006, 12:32:40 AM »

frozen, cant find it on your site.. ive looked everywhere!!
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #190 on: June 02, 2006, 01:20:14 AM »

Ok I can't find the IRS lyrics post for looking after 5 mins (and I mean the search, so fuck it)

The line most people think is "Read about it with your morning news.."

I am hearing something like "Readmit it with you morning as noon" or "Readmitted with your morning as noon"

Just a thought

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
prolog
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #191 on: June 02, 2006, 01:45:05 AM »

after listening to these new leaks...  IRS sounds too weak and disjointed, the guitar doesn't match well with Axl's voice. it sounds like Axl is singing a different song than what is being played.

TWAT is too raw. you can hear the orchestration and keyboards better, but lacks the power of the earlier leaks.

start of conspiracy theory:

could this be another "purposeful leak" to judge our reaction to this no BH guitar work???

end of conspiracy theory.
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #192 on: June 02, 2006, 12:19:21 PM »

I think either the buckhead solos need to come back or Bumblefoot needs to add something....

I've also noticed the rhythm part to IRS seems different now, hard to explain what i mean drunk as I am at the moment..but its like Richard has a part thats off-beat or something now. Least thats what i noticed on the live boots too. tis kinda cool but i liked the old way it was done for intensity purpoes...

love the clearer vocal tracks on these leaks - but i think musicly the other versions are better...
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #193 on: June 02, 2006, 04:30:03 PM »

Well, I've been twatted, but not arrested yet.

All I can say is they definitely improved the song when Bucket joined the band and I'm frankly amazed that there haven't been a million topics about this. Getting to listen to two quite different versions of new songs gives us something we've wanted for so long: an inside look at the process of them making this album that's the main reason it's taken so long.

If they either put a shortened version on the album or replace Bucket's solo with a new one by Thal I will go fucking ballistic.

It's really irritating that AXl's vocal is clear and high in the mix right up to the crucial 'I would do anything' parts.

It's interesting how with digital technology, they've just gone back to the track maybe years later and cut up Axl's vocals and rearranged them. I can't wait to get an insight into 'Axl the producer' and the whole musical an technological process over the last 7 years and more. That's almost as exciting as having the album to me.

Now please, could someone link me to the other one??
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #194 on: June 02, 2006, 04:47:30 PM »

I like it.? (Well, IRS anyway - haven't listened to T.W.A.T. yet)

That's one thing I've always found cool about demos - watching how songs 'evolve'.. In some cases, the demos might be better than the final versions, even.? (Faith No More: The Perfect Crime is a great example of this, in my opinion)

-darknemus

God that's so true. I mean, with Illusions Axl talked about how it takes a long time because peopleare paying and want a highly polished, professional product. Not something that sounds like it's ben banged out in a few weeks.

But sometimes it's nice to go back and hear the demos of certain songs without all the multilayered vocals and guitars and synths and backing vocalists and orchestras etc

Don't Cry on Illusions IS superb and like many of the other songs, is a full blown piece of rock art, but sometimes I just wanna hear the sparse demos from earlier years where you can just hear a voice, rhythm, lead, bass and drums.

Lots of people are familiar with Evanescence's massive album, especially the singles which are drenched in production and whatnot and not to everyone's tastes. It's a shame that peopledon't know about the albums and EP's they'd released years previously with much more interesting and non-commercial versions of certain songs, with extra verses,different melodies etc.
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #195 on: June 02, 2006, 04:57:06 PM »

The TWAT vocal is the bloody same as the one on the first leak, it's just louder in the mix. Man.

At Hammersmith, Axl didn't sing the first 'There was a time I would do anything for you...' part. I'm not sure if he just wussed out or if the most recent version they have goes straight into Ron's solo, which is possible.

I'm not particularly bothered about the overall sound of the final songs on the album because I'm sure they'll have gotten the best overall thing they could have in 2006 to make as many people as possible happy. What does bother me is the chopping out and changing of large chunks of music and solos. The original IRS leak was perfect IMO in terms of the number of verses/choruses/solos. The new live version cuts out a chorus and maybe a solo i think and wanks it all around.

Radio style edits are good for radio. A 5 minute twat without Bucket's solo is fine for that. But on the album, epic is good.

Plus I hope Axl takes the opportunity to release a lot of his vaults on b-sides.
comaknight
Rocker

When all is said and done, we're not the only ones

« Reply #196 on: June 02, 2006, 05:06:44 PM »

hope Axl takes the opportunity to release a lot of his vaults on b-sides.

Oh yes.  Consider this - Beach Boys Pet Sounds has an entire box set devoted to that single, brilliant album.  Chinese Democracy's demos, alternate versions, vocal-only tracks, etc. would be a treat to hear... once we have the record in hand, of course.  Although, as it is right now, that process is working in reverse.  Then again, Weezer used to post demo versions of their songs while working in the studio...

Axl?  Axl can you hear me?  Would you be so kind as to leak a studio quality demo of The Blues?  Thank you.

Love,
  Dave
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #197 on: June 02, 2006, 05:09:26 PM »

they definitely improved the song when Bucket joined the band and I'm frankly amazed that there haven't been a million topics about this. Getting to listen to two quite different versions of new songs gives us something we've wanted for so long: an inside look at the process of them making this album that's the main reason it's taken so long.

If they either put a shortened version on the album or replace Bucket's solo with a new one by Thal I will go fucking ballistic.

The same as above.  yes

As for the vocals, Axl's voice on the IRS earlier leak was totally at another level than this one. Sorta fruity.
While that on the Twat new leak is as good as or maybe slightly better than the old leak. JIMO.
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #198 on: June 03, 2006, 12:17:12 AM »

T What does bother me is the chopping out and changing of large chunks of music and solos. The original IRS leak was perfect IMO in terms of the number of verses/choruses/solos. The new live version cuts out a chorus and maybe a solo i think and wanks it all around.

I think this is the most bizzare and facinating part of the way this band is evolving. That is, we've been exposed to about 50% of the new album possibily - either through leeks or live performances/boots. Anyway - to me thats kinda the risk - like people will get to like a song a certain way - but from Axl's view it may not be finsihed. What he releases on the CD may be totally changed.

Its interesting that this happens in the digital age still, as i read an article about like writing or somethign the other day and they were saying computer production of art like books means that we know longer keep all the drafts and stuff - like they did in the olden days. Anyway thats OT!

I mean it doesnt really worry me cos i know axl is a musical genuis and knows more than me about what he is doing. But it would also be a strange situation to me if i happened to like a demo more than the finished product somehow in the end. Or worse I suspect it could be really annoying - like i'd prob like the structure of the demo more - but the sound quality of the studio!!! I mean i already have this on TWAT - i wanna listen to the first leak cos of that big outro - but i like the overall mix of the vocals and stuff on the second leak.

I also noticed what your talking about on IRS in RIO5. I honestly thought they'd screwed up and played the chorus by accident at once stage then i realised they'd just changed the song.

Personally if i was gunna mess with IRS at all, i would take out the first chorus cos it comes like 3 lines into the song - and its almost tipping its hand poker style as to what else is in the song. But hell - if anyone hasn't noticed my endless ranting about IRS....I damn well love the song beyond all proportion...so like i like it all ways....

These tracks make me want the stupio versions so bad though. I mean this tour is cool. But its like foreplay to me....just makes me get hotter for the main event! hahahh! or maybe i'm just jealous of i'm stuck in Australia and cant come to the shows!!
gnrkid03
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #199 on: June 03, 2006, 12:28:25 AM »

Would you be so kind as to leak a studio quality demo of The Blues?  Thank you.

drool drool drool drool drool drool drool

I can only imagine the studio version of that song.  It's gonna be fantastic.

Also, I think Ron will go back and redo the Bucket part in TWAT.  That is fine by me because I really think that outro needs to be put on the album, without it, its just not the same song.  It'll be interesting to see what Ron will be able to come up with. 
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: