Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 10:07:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Earlier versions of I.R.S. and Twat Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Earlier versions of I.R.S. and Twat Discussion  (Read 30505 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #200 on: June 03, 2006, 12:54:48 AM »

if i happened to like a demo more than the finished product somehow in the end. Or worse I suspect it could be really annoying - like i'd prob like the structure of the demo more - but the sound quality of the studio!!!
Great post, but I'm just gonna quote this part. I totally agree, and I am already feeling that. We haven't heard the album yet, but the new songs being played on this tour sound different than 2001-02. I love The Blues from 2002. One of the best GNR songs ever(in my opinion). This 2006 version isn't nearly as impressive, and if the album version is this 2006 version we are hearing, then the song drops a few notches in my opinion. Even CD sounds different. Like you and several others have stated, this is what happens when the album never gets released and people fall in love with live bootlegs and demos of the songs. Certain songs mean something to you, and when you get to hear a newer rendition and see that its been changed, it almost isn't even the same song, because it doesn't have the same emotional impact.

Along time ago, Dizzy said there were different versions of all these songs. He sure wasn't lying.

EFISH
« Reply #201 on: June 03, 2006, 03:44:52 AM »

Would you be so kind as to leak a studio quality demo of The Blues?? Thank you.

drool drool drool drool drool drool drool

I can only imagine the studio version of that song.? It's gonna be fantastic.

Also, I think Ron will go back and redo the Bucket part in TWAT.? That is fine by me because I really think that outro needs to be put on the album, without it, its just not the same song.? It'll be interesting to see what Ron will be able to come up with.?

i shared an email with Bumblefoot a few days ago through his myspace..
he personally told me that he is not all recording anything for the album and is just touring with the band.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #202 on: June 03, 2006, 09:29:41 AM »

Curse all of you that have heard these. I need to pay better attention to the internets...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: