Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 12:48:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The checkmate clip may be prostitute?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The checkmate clip may be prostitute?  (Read 31554 times)
EFISH
« Reply #140 on: December 22, 2006, 03:25:08 AM »

Checkmate was only a way for the leaker to say 'Fuck you' to management after they had threatened him with something. I guess they came through since we never heard the rest of the song.
He leaked it to RazZ and then Razz turned him in to management because he saw that the guy was only trying to leak it to hurt GN'R. As much as people may consider Razz an asshole, which he himself admits he is, that was a noble move on his part.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #141 on: December 22, 2006, 03:26:46 AM »

Checkmate was only a way for the leaker to say 'Fuck you' to management after they had threatened him with something. I guess they came through since we never heard the rest of the song.
He leaked it to RazZ and then Razz turned him in to management because he saw that the guy was only trying to leak it to hurt GN'R. As much as people may consider Razz an asshole, which he himself admits he is, that was a noble move on his part.

So we have one person who's heared it? What did he say?

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #142 on: December 22, 2006, 03:36:43 AM »

razz didn't get the whole song either. and he turned him in to management to get some backstage pass at a show or something.

Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #143 on: December 22, 2006, 07:25:17 AM »

The clip sounds awesome, I love the crunchy guitar rhythm. And it definately sounds like Axl.  drool

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #144 on: December 22, 2006, 07:45:00 AM »

sometimes i'm just amazed some "fans" can't even recognize Axl's voice.

i even remember on a french board someone who said (talking about one leak,
can't remember which one) it was a woman who sang.

you're too funny.  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #145 on: December 22, 2006, 10:40:07 AM »

I don't understand why people say the lyrics suggest no love remains. Where is the connection. There's nothing that rhymes with No Love Remains on there is there?

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #146 on: December 22, 2006, 11:23:21 AM »

just kinda sing "no love remains" and you'll see how it would very easily fit in. Pure speculation but it would work.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #147 on: December 22, 2006, 11:41:04 AM »

bring back the chinese democracy rumour thread and move this to dead horse ok

this is the most unbased speculation i`ve ever read on a guns n`roses forum....
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 12:16:53 PM by WARose » Logged

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #148 on: December 22, 2006, 11:45:56 AM »

on a guns n`r rosrs forum....

on what ?  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
rubinho.ma
« Reply #149 on: December 22, 2006, 12:10:22 PM »

I don't understand why people say the lyrics suggest no love remains. Where is the connection. There's nothing that rhymes with No Love Remains on there is there?

I've already posted it here, but I'll explain it again.
Pick those verses:
All cautions made
Every chance was given
No effort spared
To save what we had

They kinda resemble to those of most romantic songs, don't they? They seem to be part of a song that talks about a love that didn't last or didn't work... AKA No Love Remains? Grin
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 12:37:59 PM by rubinho.ma » Logged
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #150 on: December 22, 2006, 12:17:02 PM »

I already posted it here, but I'll explain it again.
Pick those verses:
All cautions made
Every chance was given
No effort spared
To save what we had

They kinda remember a romantic song, don't they? They seem to be part of a song that talks about a love that didn't last or didn't work... AKA No Love Remains? Grin

I'll buy that beer

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
EFISH
« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2006, 12:55:23 PM »

razz didn't get the whole song either. and he turned him in to management to get some backstage pass at a show or something.
Yeah I know he didnt. I dont know exactally what happened but I know that apparently Merck screwed him over.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #152 on: December 22, 2006, 01:11:40 PM »

it could be "Prostitute" but then again it could just be some fake leak?

who knows..
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 01:17:33 PM by Cotis » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #153 on: December 22, 2006, 08:21:20 PM »

I didn't see anybody here posting the lyrics of the full song. I posted lyrics for that 16 seconds we've all heard, as did everyone else... I believe.? That's just four verses, not the full song.? ?Wink

people on other boards has posted all lyrics (prolly BS) but noone has confirmed that they are the real thing or BS

don't think that anyone who's a member on these gn'r boards has heard the full song more then in that case that it's real beta and maybe mysteron although as i said it may not even be gn'r but it would be a cool song on CD
gnr420
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #154 on: December 23, 2006, 04:16:36 AM »

whatever that clip is i hope it isnt axl n co, it sounds like the 02 axl on that track and it sounds like shit,... givesme less hope about C.D being the "epic" album everyone thought it was gonna be....
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #155 on: December 29, 2006, 05:23:34 PM »

Pick those verses:
All cautions made
Every chance was given
No effort spared
To save what we had

They kinda resemble to those of most romantic songs, don't they? They seem to be part of a song that talks about a love that didn't last or didn't work... AKA No Love Remains  Grin

I dunno...could be prostitute...my comment in parentheses:

All cautions made (gotta wear a rubber!)
Every chance was given (he's earning some frequent layer miles)
No effort spared (she works HARD for the money!)
To save what we had (a meaningless sexual relationship, which was a source of income for said prostitute)

How's that for meaningless speculation?  hihi

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #156 on: December 30, 2006, 02:41:44 PM »

what we need to do is distort the fuck out of it and then play through a cellphone so you can't make out anything. And then half of this board will swear up and down that it's definitely 100% studio quality GnR.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #157 on: December 30, 2006, 02:46:18 PM »

what we need to do is distort the fuck out of it and then play through a cellphone so you can't make out anything. And then half of this board will swear up and down that it's definitely 100% studio quality GnR.

woah that was an important post that totally had something to do with this thread Roll Eyes
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #158 on: December 30, 2006, 03:08:53 PM »

woah that was an important post that totally had something to do with this thread Roll Eyes

I think he was makin' fun of the dude who said he heard new GNR being played outside an office of a record company. He taped it on his cell phone for proof. Didn't sound great, let's put it that way.

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #159 on: December 30, 2006, 05:36:13 PM »

Pick those verses:
All cautions made
Every chance was given
No effort spared
To save what we had

They kinda resemble to those of most romantic songs, don't they? They seem to be part of a song that talks about a love that didn't last or didn't work... AKA No Love Remains? Grin

A lot of the songs we've heard so far are about a love that didn't last or didn't work, and I would expect a lot we haven't heard including Prostitute. It's not enough evidence, just because it has love in the title doesn't mean its the only song about love or love lost, which we know it isn't

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: