Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 01:15:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227883 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Just got back from MSG
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just got back from MSG  (Read 31322 times)
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2006, 06:44:59 AM »

Wow those reviews are very cool people! I wish I could have been there.That places is legendary drool love

N.R.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
sixgnr
Rocker

I know it's only Rock N' Roll but I like it!

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2006, 07:43:36 AM »

I saw something very adorable tonight at the show. A mother and her 2 sons was in my section. The 2 sons are in their preteens-early teens and they were very into the show in the beginning but kinda sat down and watched after the first hour. But everytime I looked over to the mother she was standing and groovin to the music.. she looked completed mesmerized by Axl the entire show. GNR does transcend all age groups.
I remember my first GNR concert: 1992 Turin (Italy), I was there with my brother and my mother, and I was 16  beer

I'm Fuckin' Innocent!
Turin '92 + Milan & Zurich 2006 + Helsinki-Aalborg-Roma-Milano-Zurich 2010
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2006, 07:44:36 AM »

well my mum and sister went New york for the weekend from England.. I told them GnR were playing

so they got tickets rubbing it my face..

anyway My mum thought axl lost it....

however got a txt from er

'Greetings from NY Axl was g8' so there is another fan one over with the new line up

ok

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2006, 08:05:25 AM »

how does everyone stay amped for the same setlist and old classic tunes these guys weren't on also with no news of CD>.Huh 7 classics right off the bat, bach on my michelle.. I don't see the excitiment, it's the same old same old each leg..

Dude! ?Did you actually go to the show? ?If not STFU. ?This is getting old. ?I went to the Worseter show with 5 other casual GNR fans which most likley makes up 80% of the audience. ?They left saying that it was one, if not the best show they have ever been to.

Not everybody sits around on their computers waiting for every little GNR moment. ?The set list is fine the way it is. ?I have been to 4 shows this year, and every shpw exceeds my every expectation. ?

I understand that you have an opinion, and I do respect that, but i think your opinion falls under the dead horse section.

Wake up. . . .time to die
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2006, 08:09:25 AM »

it dont see what difference it makes to the setlist issues.

anyone that plays in a band that plays gigs a lot knows that, you have songs in a certain order to have a certian impact on the crowd. best foot forward if you will.

for example you cant put wttj half way through, its just meant to be the opener. songs are in that order and the solo's come when they do because thats they way the band wants it, and they think hte songs flow better that way.

just because someone checks a setlist on the net everyday and it doesn't change a lot, doesn't give people the right to complain?!

if this was the 80's or very early 90's you would have no idea what sets GnR where playing in some places.

get over it. the people at MSG probably dont check setlists online vetday and had a great time.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2006, 08:20:37 AM »

Everyone has to understand that this band is not going to change up their setlist significantly until CD is in our hands.  I think that getting to hear 4 out of 13 songs each not is not a bad deal.  And I'll guess that when CD arrives we'll eventually hear close to 8 or 9 songs.  Give it time.  GN'R will be back.  Not everyone is following the band around and their playing what the majority of the fans want to hear.  Everyone points out the fact that the new songs don't get nearly the same reaction as the old tunes.  So why the hell would they add even more new songs?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
axlsfury
Opening Act

Gonna bring you to your sha na na na na na knees

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2006, 08:34:07 AM »

Its all part of a greater marketing plan Mike.  They need to do this first so that they can move on to newer songs with the hardcore fans and casual fans supporting them.  It's also a way, in my opinion, to make people forget about the old band.  You hear the new bands versions of the old songs, they're fantastic and it makes people say "who needs the old band, this is great".  More buy in equals greater future success.  We may not like it, but we all know the next time GNR comes around to our town with newer material, we'll be there!
ElChino
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2006, 08:40:13 AM »

AXL'S "YOUTUBE-MYSPACE/MYTUBE-YOURSPACE" WAS FUNNY

RON'S ACE SOLO IS ACTUALLY THE CLOSING JAM OF "SHE"...THE MASTER REFERRED 2 HIIM AS A JOISEY BOY, BUT I THOUGHT HE REPPED STATEN ISLAND?

THE PYRO BOMBS SCARE ME...THEY'RE PRETTY EASY 2 ANTICIPATE, SO I WAS ABLE 2 BRACE MYSELF AND COVER MY EARS, BUT THE BASTARDS SNUCK ONE IN DURING "OUT 2 GET ME" rant

NOT COUNTING JUNGLE, SINCE IT'S THE OPENER AND ALWAYS A HIGHLITE, "CHINESE DEMOCRACY" WAS PROBABLY MY FAVORITE PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGHT

wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2006, 08:44:24 AM »

"YOUTUBE-MYSPACE/MYTUBE-YOURSPACE"
WHAT! replaced a line in Anything Goes....? rofl That would well cool if that was the case.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Cjc1706
VIP

I Rocked With Gn'R In Manchester & Sheffield '06

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2006, 09:07:16 AM »

Just got home from MSG - INCREDIBLE show!? I was on the floor, next to the railing on the [Robin] side - coolest part is right before GnR came out, a bunch of "VIPs" came and stood on the toher side of the railing (guys from papa roach, scott ian, and Robin's family!)

The crowd was awesome - everyone was into it and loving it, much better than Sunday's show at the Meadowlands which I was at as well.? I'd say the place was sold out, if not about 98% full.? A lot of people knew all of the old songs and the new "leaked" songs, btu surprisingly fewer knew the Blues and Chinese Democracy than they did Better and IRS

Axl seemed to be having an awesome time, running arouond, jumping, smiling (!) - I got nervous everytime soemone would throw something, thinking he'd give us a warning like aat NJ or just storm off, but he picked it up (held and wore a brazil (?) flag in the beginning, spun a girls bra around before putting it on Robin's mic stand, etc)

Nothing new in the set, no comments about a release date, but they absolutely tore the garden apart and people loved every minute of it!

Cool, glad to hear you had a good time !

Gnr 2006

CJ
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2006, 09:12:41 AM »

Was at the show.  They were awesome. Played witha ton of energy, the crowd was into it, the place was packed when GNR came on.  They played all the songs tight, totally awesome.  But I was disappointed with no TWAT, Rocket Quenn, or Civil War, or Madagascar.   No CD updates to everyones surprise. 

Did anyone see the girl standing to the right of the stage from our view, she looked hot I didnt know who it was though?

gnr420
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2006, 09:38:45 AM »

just got back from the show, ? got there right before bach did i remember you, he dedicated it to his step brother or his step mother ors omethin, scott ian came onstage and played for youth gone wild (KICKED FUCKIN ASS), papa roach sucked(no surprise) guns n roses were in top form tonight, very energetic- highlights- bumblefoots dont cry solo, nightrain, you could be mine and chinese democracy......on a side note i was sitting next to damon dash and his security guard the whole night(he sat down most of the show and was on some little cellphone typer thing the whole fuckin time) all in all it was a kick ass show beer
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2006, 09:42:41 AM »

I dont get the whining about the setlist. Jacksonville got the shortest setlist of the tour thus far, yet I had the best time of my life at a concert.

Though I kinda envy you guys that went to MSG. The NYC fans seem to always be that much more excited for GNR.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2006, 09:48:05 AM »

I dont get the whining about the setlist.

you have to understand that some people... well, some people are idiots.
i mean seriously (and i thought this point would have been stressed enough over the past two months), theyre complaining about a show they didnt even attend. theyre passing judgement on an event they didnt even witness. to do that, you gotta be stupid.
iamskeletor
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2006, 09:49:23 AM »

I don't know why people think Papa Roach sucked. You don't have to like their music, but there is no denying that they have a tight band. For a band with only one guitar, they have a really big sound. The lead singer's voice is also great. I thought the crowd was way into them too.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2006, 10:38:03 AM »

I'm recovered now - Was there last night -? I thought it was a strong show - I never had problems with Solos and things, but they went to Fink way too early and it killed the momentum - all of the Solos were really cool, but it basically sent people to their seats or for a beer . I thought IRS was hand-down the best performance of the night.

The Crowd was completely alive for the this show and was into it from start to finish

They should play like 10 more MSG gigs ok
Dianachka
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2006, 10:40:32 AM »

I was at MSG last night too, at the railing on Robins side. Same spot i was at in 02. (Front Row at 2 GNR concerts!!!!!!) Enjoyed the opening much more this time (opening bands in 02 were eh.....). I never got to see Skid Row back in the day so this was a real treat. Something was off with Sabs mike though, I agree. Wanted to hear In a Darkened Room and Wasted Time but hey they did play Youth gone Wild, 18 and Life, and I Remember You. Also the new slow song they played was awesome too.

Papa Roach left me deaf...i still can't hear very well. This guy was on speed or something. I was never a fan...but have to agree they were doing a great job for what they do.

GNR....AWESOME...I don?t mind the setlist not changing much from 02, or Hammerstein....it's alright i love singing along to all the old stuff...can do it a 1000 more times! Robin was amazing as in '02, loved all the solos...however none topped Buckethead's solo....I am a bit disappointed that he is gone.

Axl was great, this time around looked a lot more comfortable on stage then in 02 or Hammerstein...I think he is almost ready to release the album. I really thought hey were going to Don't Cry after the solo...sux that that they didn't!. My fave was The Blues (Axl sounded particularly good on that one).

Overall an amazing show...worth spending $300 on Ga, Standing on my feet for six hours and listening to bf whine about how everything sux.

Rock on!

W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2006, 11:17:25 AM »

I was at MSG last night too, at the railing on Robins side. Same spot i was at in 02. (Front Row at 2 GNR concerts!!!!!!) Enjoyed the opening much more this time (opening bands in 02 were eh.....). I never got to see Skid Row back in the day so this was a real treat. Something was off with Sabs mike though, I agree. Wanted to hear In a Darkened Room and Wasted Time but hey they did play Youth gone Wild, 18 and Life, and I Remember You. Also the new slow song they played was awesome too.

Papa Roach left me deaf...i still can't hear very well. This guy was on speed or something. I was never a fan...but have to agree they were doing a great job for what they do.

GNR....AWESOME...I don?t mind the setlist not changing much from 02, or Hammerstein....it's alright i love singing along to all the old stuff...can do it a 1000 more times! Robin was amazing as in '02, loved all the solos...however none topped Buckethead's solo....I am a bit disappointed that he is gone.

Axl was great, this time around looked a lot more comfortable on stage then in 02 or Hammerstein...I think he is almost ready to release the album. I really thought hey were going to Don't Cry after the solo...sux that that they didn't!. My fave was The Blues (Axl sounded particularly good on that one).

Overall an amazing show...worth spending $300 on Ga, Standing on my feet for six hours and listening to bf whine about how everything sux.

Rock on!

Couldn't agree more. Last night was awesome though, so im not even going there.
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2006, 12:29:43 PM »

Just got home from MSG - INCREDIBLE show!? I was on the floor, next to the railing on the [Robin] side - coolest part is right before GnR came out, a bunch of "VIPs" came and stood on the toher side of the railing (guys from papa roach, scott ian, and Robin's family!)

The crowd was awesome - everyone was into it and loving it, much better than Sunday's show at the Meadowlands which I was at as well.? I'd say the place was sold out, if not about 98% full.? A lot of people knew all of the old songs and the new "leaked" songs, btu surprisingly fewer knew the Blues and Chinese Democracy than they did Better and IRS

Axl seemed to be having an awesome time, running arouond, jumping, smiling (!) - I got nervous everytime soemone would throw something, thinking he'd give us a warning like aat NJ or just storm off, but he picked it up (held and wore a brazil (?) flag in the beginning, spun a girls bra around before putting it on Robin's mic stand, etc)

Nothing new in the set, no comments about a release date, but they absolutely tore the garden apart and people loved every minute of it!

I was exactly where you were. Robin side, one row of people back. That was a crazy night.

Bach was really good, I didnt expect him to be that good at all because i hate the my michelle duet. He played like 13 songs then left. then papa roach came on and i didnt really care for them i thought they were very genetic, and there were these "metalheads" around me who were like moshing to papa roach. Who moshes to papa roach?

Around 11 10 the gunners went on and they were fantastic, I was so happy I had the floor. During Mr. Brownstone I nodded to Rich and he looked at me and was like "Fuck yeah", that was so cool. The Blues was like my favorite song of the night. My only complaint was I really couldnt hear axl that well until KOHD (6th song of the night) but Mr. Rose was fantastic. I thought it was better then Hammerstein. A really fun night.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2006, 12:30:50 PM »

I didn't know it by hearing it because I'm not a huge Kiss fan, but apparently Ron played Ace's solo from Alive!

Another thing I noticed was how active the band is. They don't stick to their sides of the stage at all. They are constantly running around and jamming on different parts of the stage. There is also a lot more band interaction during the show. This is a big departure from when I saw them in 2002 with Buckethead in Vegas. I think Ron and Richard really add to the band's overall energy. Really cool shit.
Yeah I didn't notice that either but when Bach came out for "My Michelle" he was quite impressed. ?"Man, Ron just played Kiss "Alive". ?That was killer". ?Or something to that effect.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: