Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 01:13:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227883 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  June 19th Brisbane
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: June 19th Brisbane  (Read 30744 times)
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #140 on: June 19, 2007, 02:27:57 PM »

It's really hard to control everyone, that is why security has to be done on a one on one basis, with roamiing security etc.

? Don't forget it is not cheap pulling in a band like GNR (or whatever other band of this caliber) so you want to acheive a highest number of sales as possible, as a venue with a Food and Beverage Department most of your return will be on liquor and food sales. ?Don't forget just as the band (and of course Axl) the venues are trying to make their own excuse me.... living ? ($18 million appartments among many other spoils which they all deserve)...believe me the person who is serving the beer makes 8-10 bucks US if lucky. ?

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: June 19, 2007, 02:50:09 PM »

What a bunch of fuckwits to be throwing anything at a stage. I really dont get that. Its a massive sign of disrespect.

In Adelaide and the first Melbourne show I was fairly buzzed, got there early and didnt notice how heavy the crowds alchohol consumption was.
 But I was sober at the second Melbourne show and got there late (around 10:30ish) and noticed what a drunken/ugly scene it had become.
At Rod Laver you cant drink in the arena-only in the foyer and it seemed people were hanging there getting smashed. Maybe with a band like GnR that will go on late, the bar should be closed a little earlier to stop people getting out of hand?

Either way I would be pissed to be at last nights show and not only have Axl mad but also as a fan to see him get disrespected.
His great mood during the 3 shows I went to really helped make the shows more special and its a shame that some Brissy bogans ruined it.

It's good to know it's not just us in the UK which has a problem with alcohol  beer

Cheers for the updates.
GNR march on.

-Greg

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
Maxi Fisher
Headliner

Yep we're fucked !

« Reply #142 on: June 19, 2007, 05:10:04 PM »

Dude that through the beer was probably an expat Victorian or coackroach anyway  Cool Grin Qlders wouldnt treat beer or Axl like that.

Good to hear the show went on and cant wait for tonight's/
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #143 on: June 19, 2007, 05:37:23 PM »

i was really pissed off last night, i dont blame u Axl but you easily let some fuck ruin it for everyone, yourself and the band, alot of people where walkin' out half way Shocked Shocked

THE WORST CROWD IN HISTORY!!! which didnt help with Axls mood no

thanx for the Ausi chant at the end beer
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 06:16:53 PM by ClintroN » Logged

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: June 19, 2007, 06:32:37 PM »

Obvioulsy we can all agree that throwing beer at the band members is stupid, even if they come on "late." With that said though, I still think it's pretty funny how childish Axl responds to things like that.  I mean it's not like he had to take it out on the whole audience by not performing like he usually does.  I guess 45 is the new 25.  smoking
ben9785
« Reply #145 on: June 19, 2007, 07:05:02 PM »

That sucks what happened, can understand the frustration particularly if the man's been onstage for just about 5 seconds.
I hate to consider the possibilities in Sydney. But at least they kept the show going.
Hope everybody enjoyed it.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #146 on: June 19, 2007, 07:20:13 PM »

Great reviews , thanks

How is throwing stuff going to help the show?
/jarmo

If I were on stage , I would think having certain pieces of ladies undergarments tossed my way might improve the ambiance of the evening . hihi

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #147 on: June 19, 2007, 07:30:56 PM »

why do ppl have to act like assholes and throw shit.

thanks for the updates  peace  sucks the momentum was probalby ruined because of some fuck.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #148 on: June 19, 2007, 07:51:40 PM »

thanks for the updates ladeeez ok  and thanks guys for the reviews
Mikkel
Headliner

I like Grandaddy.

« Reply #149 on: June 19, 2007, 07:52:39 PM »

Thanks for the updates! This one got me reading through all the pages and posts... Funny how exciting it can be, even though it's just text... Glad everything went well! Smiley

badapple81
« Reply #150 on: June 19, 2007, 08:56:51 PM »

I half expected that if any Australian show might have some trouble, it would be in Brisbane. Sorry, Brisbaners - but it is bogan (redneck) central. And I can say that cos half my family are here in Brisbane and I've spent a lot of time here. Grow up, its not the end of the world to wait. I suspect it was just full of dick head yobbos too drunk to remember the show anyway.

Im hoping tonights gig which I'll be at goes down better.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 09:00:45 PM by gunnerdownunder » Logged
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: June 19, 2007, 09:48:40 PM »

Obvioulsy we can all agree that throwing beer at the band members is stupid, even if they come on "late." With that said though, I still think it's pretty funny how childish Axl responds to things like that.  I mean it's not like he had to take it out on the whole audience by not performing like he usually does.  I guess 45 is the new 25.  smoking

I agree with this.
There's no need to get into how stupid throwing things is, we all agree on that. But I don't like it how Axl let one guy ruin it for the thousands more in attendence. The thousands who did behave, and wanted to see a good rock show, insted got a sulky Axl, who talked condisendingly to the audience as a whole, and didn't put on a performance (ie-not moving etc.).
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2007, 09:58:59 PM »

You know it even says on the melbourne tickets: "A Late Night Rock and Roll Extravaganza".

I was surprised GNR started before 12 any night...lol...

I don't blame axl for being pissed off. Like if someone disrespected me like that seconds after starting a show I'd be annoyed about it for most of the night too.

Its just a shame for the thousands of decent fans in the city, hopefully axl realizes that for every fuckknuckle with a beer theres a dozzen aussies who love GNR!
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2007, 10:13:48 PM »

Was it like Download '06 during Better when he just stood there the whole song?

I heard he was holding still, but...that still? For that many songs?

If so, that's badass  Cool

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2007, 10:17:33 PM »

I half expected that if any Australian show might have some trouble, it would be in Brisbane. Sorry, Brisbaners - but it is bogan (redneck) central. And I can say that cos half my family are here in Brisbane and I've spent a lot of time here. Grow up, its not the end of the world to wait. I suspect it was just full of dick head yobbos too drunk to remember the show anyway.

what the fuck gunnerdownunder Shocked rant

hey dude, speak for your family 'bout the redneck shit, but u dont have a clue what the hell your sayin'!!
your from Sydney...hey mate, ANYTHIN'S POSSIBLE DOWN THERE!!! ?nervous nervous

N' u suspect it was full of dickhead yobboos ?Shocked Shocked Shocked ? DUDE, THIS IS AUSTRALIA, of course it was!!!! beer beer

Dude, Brizzys a big place, so ease up on catagorizing Brizzy as Bogans, it would be easy for me to say...'no offence but Sydney is FAGGOT CENTRAL, so watch your arse at the Gunners show!! yes

its just getting annoying when people suspect things or predict things that are gonna happen at certain venues, and they always predict it AFTER it happens!! Roll Eyes ? you wouldnt have had a fuckin' clue somethin' was gonna go down at Brizzy, n' just 'cause some arsehole threw somethin' means u can come here n' say shit about Brizzy and say its redneck central!!

...no offence but maybe your family live with the? rednex?HuhHuh? ?, or they live in a fucked up area!!
'cause i know alotta fucked up areas in Syndey hihi hihi

« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 10:43:34 PM by ClintroN » Logged

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #155 on: June 19, 2007, 10:20:13 PM »

Was it like Download '06 during Better when he just stood there the whole song?

I heard he was holding still, but...that still? For that many songs?

If so, that's badass? Cool

I'll say! That would have intimtated any fuckwit in the pit who was thinking of trying anything on again! ?ok

PS. I think that security and Axl are well aware of 'everything' could be possibly going down in a Brisbane show..........

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #156 on: June 19, 2007, 10:32:46 PM »

what the fuck gunnerdownunder Shocked rant

hey dude, speak for your family 'bout the redneck shit, but u dont have a clue what the hell your sayin'!!
your from Sydney...hey mate, ANYTHIN'S POSSIBLE DOWN THERE!!! ?nervous nervous

N' u suspect it was full of dickhead yobboos ?Shocked Shocked Shocked ? DUDE, THIS IS AUSTRALIA, of course it was!!!! beer beer

Dude, Brizzys a big place, so ease up on catagorizing Brizzy as Bogans, it would be easy for me to say...'no offence but Sydney is FAGGOT CENTRAL, so watch your arse at the Gunners show!! yes

its just getting annoying when people suspect things or predict things that are gonna happen at certain venues, and they always predict it AFTER it happens!! Roll Eyes ? you wouldnt have had a fuckin' clue somethin' was gonna go down at Brizzy, n' just 'cause some arsehole threw somethin' means u can come here n' say shit about Brizzy and say its redneck central!!

...no offence but maybe your family r' the rednex?HuhHuh? ?or they live in a fucked up area!!
'cause i know alotta fucked up areas in Syndey hihi hihi

Wow ClintroN.? Don't be so defensive...Your post was a little harsh
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 10:34:23 PM by sexkitten » Logged
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #157 on: June 19, 2007, 10:52:38 PM »

....so was the cones i smoked last night,
 and so was Axl's attitude towards the WHOLE crowd when ONE person threw somethin', after that there was no trouble, but Axl had to let it ruin it for him, which ment for the rest of us too!!

Ron would come up to Axl n' headbut him on the shoulder for fun, but Axl didnt respond at all, it seemed Tommy was pissed at someone when he was screaming the words but came to the front of the stage afew times and gave these people the finger hihi

Baz had the crowd pumped last night, i was screamin' The Threat at him n' he had a camera dude point it at me, Baz was all smiles beer beer

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #158 on: June 19, 2007, 11:05:32 PM »

Baz has been REALLLY Impressive this tour IMO.....he's very very good...
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #159 on: June 19, 2007, 11:12:04 PM »

....so was the cones i smoked last night,
 and so was Axl's attitude towards the WHOLE crowd when ONE person threw somethin', after that there was no trouble, but Axl had to let it ruin it for him, which ment for the rest of us too!!

Ron would come up to Axl n' headbut him on the shoulder for fun, but Axl didnt respond at all, it seemed Tommy was pissed at someone when he was screaming the words but came to the front of the stage afew times and gave these people the finger hihi

Baz had the crowd pumped last night, i was screamin' The Threat at him n' he had a camera dude point it at me, Baz was all smiles beer beer

I actually do feel bad for the rest of fans...that does kinda suck. Hopefully you're going back tomorrow and the show will rock hard.  It will be like a do-over.

btw, are cones the same as joints?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: