Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:03:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227879 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl & the movie "The Wrestler" / Axl thanked at the Golden Globe awards
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl & the movie "The Wrestler" / Axl thanked at the Golden Globe awards  (Read 31213 times)
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2009, 11:28:57 AM »

it was cool to wake up and see MR thank AR Smiley ... kind of made my night  hihi

-velimir
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2009, 12:14:25 PM »

Axl gave SCOM to the movie, I wonder f the rest of the AFD lineuo will have anything to say about that..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2009, 01:11:45 PM »

Golden Globe Winner/ ?Wrestler? Star Mickey Rourke Talks About Axl Rose
Published by MTV News on Monday, January 12, 2009 at 12:15 pm.

By Matt Harper

Bruce Springsteen may have gotten some major love at the Golden Globes last night, but he wasn?t the only musician who helped make ?The Wrestler? such an amazing movie. As Mickey Rourke reminded everyone during his acceptance speech for Best Actor, fellow bad boy Axl Rose provided ?Sweet Child O? Mine? at a severely discounted price.

Rourke ?Wrestler? director Darren Aronofsky recently stopped by the MTV News offices to talk about the movie, and told us a bit about how they managed to get the GNR song.

Of course, this isn?t the first time Rourke has given Axl and GNR their due props: There is a shout-out in ?The Wrestler? itself when Randy ?The Ram? Robinson (Rourke) and his stripper friend Cassidy (Marisa Tomei) are hanging out at a bar listening to ?80s metal:

Randy : They don?t make ?em like they used to.
Cassidy: F?in? ?80s, man, best sh? ever !
Randy: Bet yer a?, man, Guns N? Roses rules!

For more from our sit-down with Rourke and Aronofsky, check back in later this week for our full Rough Cut!

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2009/01/12/golden-globe-winner-wrestler-star-mickey-rourke-talks-about-axl-rose/

Rourke also won for Best Actor for the movie and revealed in his acceptance speech that Axl Rose donated "Sweet Child O Mine" to The Wrestler for free as well.

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=1101467

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 01:59:05 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2009, 02:06:52 PM »

Axl showed again that he is a good friend. I enjoy it

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2009, 10:34:29 AM »

Axl showed again that he is a good friend.

Yeah, but for some "weird" reason it's not generating as much press as the bullshit.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MoonMax
Headliner

Moon Travel Free Of Charge!

« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2009, 11:00:20 AM »

Yeah, but for some "weird" reason it's not generating as much press as the bullshit.  Roll Eyes

Hm?
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2009, 11:12:58 AM »

I'll have to go check it out. Rourke is another Robert Downey Jr.

Had amazing talent and then drugs destroyed them.

RD Jr. made his comeback...

I just hope this is the beginning for Mickey.

I actually don't give a shit about most celebrities who lose it all because of addiction... but Mickey is an exception for me. He is one talented MoFo. Anyone catch him in Domino???

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2009, 09:16:54 PM »

very true, i'm not a wrestling fan but i really enjoyed the movie yes

The movie's not premiering in Sweden until next month.....

Fucking Swedes.  Tongue

/jarmo

TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2009, 09:32:53 PM »

Axl gave SCOM to the movie, I wonder f the rest of the AFD lineuo will have anything to say about that..

Interesting point...since the song is credited as Axl, Slash and Izzy, you'd assume that they jointly owned licensing rights. Perhaps only Axl forfeited his share of the royalties?

And there goes the challenger...
Annie
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2009, 10:55:43 PM »

/jarmo
Sad but true. I noticed the same thing.
MoonMax
Headliner

Moon Travel Free Of Charge!

« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2009, 09:36:05 AM »

/jarmo
Sad but true. I noticed the same thing.

What do you mean guys?
Like where?
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2009, 10:08:32 AM »

Cool to see Axl mentioned, thanks peace

Huh

"The Wrestler," at its best, focuses on Randy's desperate attempts to take control of his life, and how the magic allure of Guns 'N' Roses tragically pulls him back into the ring.

Welcome back to the jungle hihi

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Annie
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2009, 03:41:56 PM »

Cool to see Axl mentioned, thanks peace

Huh

"The Wrestler," at its best, focuses on Randy's desperate attempts to take control of his life, and how the magic allure of Guns 'N' Roses tragically pulls him back into the ring.

Welcome back to the jungle hihi
I have got to see this movie!
qcmyoungwill
Headliner

Sippin' a drink and feelin' fine

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2009, 11:47:07 PM »

Saw the movie today and it was ridiculously good. All this talk about SCOM, but it was only used once. The Ram's theme music was Metal Health. I will be watching this movie many times over. Quite depressing, but steeped in absolute reality.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2009, 02:48:05 PM »

THE WRESTLER?Interview With Darren Aronofsky

Guill?n: Can we talk about how you put together the sound track? It?s all great but my favorite is ?Sweet Child o? Mine?, which parallels between Randy the Ram and Axl Rose.

Aronofsky: With ?Sweet Child o? Mine?, what happened was we were doing the scene in the bar. Mickey was miserable because he hates hair music. He loves Guns and Roses but he hates a lot of hair music. I was like, ?Mickey, these are the only songs we can use.? There were like three or four songs that we could afford because it costs more money if the actors sing along. I told him, ?These are the only three or four songs that we can afford. You have to choose one.? He kept putting it off and putting it off and putting it off. He said, ?Why can?t we get ?Sweet Child o? Mine??? I was like, ?Go ahead, get in touch with Axl and try; but, the last time Axl gave a song to which anyone could sing along, it cost a million and a half dollars.? So as the day got closer and closer, it became a possibility because Mickey kept bothering Axl and begging Axl, ?Please, let me have it.? But you know you have to get the sign-off from everyone in Guns and Roses. But Mickey?s friends with all of them, he knows all of them. The day for shooting comes and we don?t have the rights. Mickey said, ?Just shoot it. I?ll get you the rights.? I said, ?I can?t, man. We?ll just have to do ?Round the Round.? ? So I got him to do ?Round the Round.? We got halfway through the day and then Axl called and said, ?You can have ?Sweet Child o? Mine?.? I was like, ?Oh gosh, should we go tell Mickey that we got the song? Or just keep going because we can?t reshoot?? Because we were on such a low budget that we couldn?t go back and reshoot. Axl ended up calling Mickey and telling Mickey and Mickey agreed with me in the end that any of us, anyone, when ?Sweet Child o? Mine? comes on could sing along with ?Sweet Child o? Mine.? It makes them more of a very unique subset that they?re both singing to ?Round the Round.? In the end, creatively, I liked it the best; but, now that we had the rights to ?Sweet Child o? Mine?, I was like, ?Oh great, we?ll use it for the final entrance because it?s such an important song for us on the film.? Mickey used to come out to that when he was a boxer. Whenever he?d do anything athletic in the film, he?d be like, ?Put up ?Sweet Child o? Mine? ? and we?d blast it so that he was all pumped up when he did his move. For the crew it became our anthem and having it in the film was just a great thing that Axl added. That?s why he has that thank you in the end. It?s a long story.

http://www.twitchfilm.com/site/view/the-wrestlerinterview-with-darren-aronofsky/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Annie
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2009, 04:25:06 PM »

THE WRESTLER?Interview With Darren Aronofsky

Guill?n: Can we talk about how you put together the sound track? It?s all great but my favorite is ?Sweet Child o? Mine?, which parallels between Randy the Ram and Axl Rose.

Aronofsky: With ?Sweet Child o? Mine?, what happened was we were doing the scene in the bar. Mickey was miserable because he hates hair music. He loves Guns and Roses but he hates a lot of hair music. I was like, ?Mickey, these are the only songs we can use.? There were like three or four songs that we could afford because it costs more money if the actors sing along. I told him, ?These are the only three or four songs that we can afford. You have to choose one.? He kept putting it off and putting it off and putting it off. He said, ?Why can?t we get ?Sweet Child o? Mine??? I was like, ?Go ahead, get in touch with Axl and try; but, the last time Axl gave a song to which anyone could sing along, it cost a million and a half dollars.? So as the day got closer and closer, it became a possibility because Mickey kept bothering Axl and begging Axl, ?Please, let me have it.? But you know you have to get the sign-off from everyone in Guns and Roses. But Mickey?s friends with all of them, he knows all of them. The day for shooting comes and we don?t have the rights. Mickey said, ?Just shoot it. I?ll get you the rights.? I said, ?I can?t, man. We?ll just have to do ?Round the Round.? ? So I got him to do ?Round the Round.? We got halfway through the day and then Axl called and said, ?You can have ?Sweet Child o? Mine?.? I was like, ?Oh gosh, should we go tell Mickey that we got the song? Or just keep going because we can?t reshoot?? Because we were on such a low budget that we couldn?t go back and reshoot. Axl ended up calling Mickey and telling Mickey and Mickey agreed with me in the end that any of us, anyone, when ?Sweet Child o? Mine? comes on could sing along with ?Sweet Child o? Mine.? It makes them more of a very unique subset that they?re both singing to ?Round the Round.? In the end, creatively, I liked it the best; but, now that we had the rights to ?Sweet Child o? Mine?, I was like, ?Oh great, we?ll use it for the final entrance because it?s such an important song for us on the film.? Mickey used to come out to that when he was a boxer. Whenever he?d do anything athletic in the film, he?d be like, ?Put up ?Sweet Child o? Mine? ? and we?d blast it so that he was all pumped up when he did his move. For the crew it became our anthem and having it in the film was just a great thing that Axl added. That?s why he has that thank you in the end. It?s a long story.

http://www.twitchfilm.com/site/view/the-wrestlerinterview-with-darren-aronofsky/

I love long stories. I wish that this movie was at more theaters.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2009, 04:29:31 PM »

What movie did they get the million and a half? Step Brothers? Don't they sing it or something?

The Round and Round was perfect for the scene cause as bad as Mickey and Marisa sang it, Hearing them try to do SCOM would've been.... painful

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2009, 05:20:22 PM »

If Clint Eastwood doesn't win for "Gran Torino," I hope Mickey Rourke wins.

I would love to see Axl get thanked at the Oscars.
Annie
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2009, 06:03:39 PM »

If Clint Eastwood doesn't win for "Gran Torino," I hope Mickey Rourke wins.

I would love to see Axl get thanked at the Oscars.
Me too.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2009, 07:36:13 PM »

RS.com weekly news round-up:

The week began with the Golden Globes, an awards ceremony deemed unnecessary by some (including our own movie guru, Peter Travers) and a source of hilarious (often drunken) acceptance speeches by others. The night proved a solid one for rock fans, as Bruce Springsteen walked away with a trophy for his contribution to The Wrestler, the moving track that accompanied the film?s end credits. During his speech, Springsteen thanked star Mickey Rourke for calling him up and roping him into the project. Rourke?s speech was slightly more remarkable: he thanked one Mr. W. Axl Rose for permitting the hard-up-for-cash film to use ?Sweet Child O? Mine,? and he shouted out his dogs. Mickey Rourke, we salute thee.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: