Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 03:13:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227879 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl & the movie "The Wrestler" / Axl thanked at the Golden Globe awards
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl & the movie "The Wrestler" / Axl thanked at the Golden Globe awards  (Read 31212 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2009, 07:50:29 PM »

For those who haven't seen it. SCOM is used PERFECTLY and I think Powerfully in the movie.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
makane
Legend

« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2009, 08:05:09 PM »

For those who haven't seen it. SCOM is used PERFECTLY and I think Powerfully in the movie.

Yeah.

The movie is excellent. I had huge expectations for Aronofsky and it really came through.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
kenwright79
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2009, 10:57:29 PM »

I didn't even give a fuck that a gnr song was in this movie, I watched it cuz i looked on the imdb.com and noticed that it had a very high user rating. I watched it wand i was taken away by it. Mickey Rourke really made you feel for his character, incredible!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2009, 09:59:41 AM »

If Clint Eastwood doesn't win for "Gran Torino," I hope Mickey Rourke wins.

I would love to see Axl get thanked at the Oscars.

The 81st Academy Awards nominations will be announced on Thursday, January 22, 2009

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Annie
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2009, 10:04:54 AM »

If Clint Eastwood doesn't win for "Gran Torino," I hope Mickey Rourke wins.

I would love to see Axl get thanked at the Oscars.

The 81st Academy Awards nominations will be announced on Thursday, January 22, 2009

/jarmo
Fingers crossed!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2009, 10:38:00 AM »

I like that the fact Axl does things for his friends that are not showy.  Mickey, as his friend asked for the song and he got it.

This was a great movie either way and Mickey deserves every award he gets but it just makes me happy to know that Axl wasn't thinking about dollars and cents when he handed over the song but rather to help out a friend in need.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2009, 12:29:28 PM »

and i like the facts the film is great and the song is used effectively.
Annie
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2009, 03:39:35 PM »

I like that the fact Axl does things for his friends that are not showy.  Mickey, as his friend asked for the song and he got it.

This was a great movie either way and Mickey deserves every award he gets but it just makes me happy to know that Axl wasn't thinking about dollars and cents when he handed over the song but rather to help out a friend in need.

Axl is the best! A true BFF!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2009, 03:46:14 PM »

If u win the best actor Golden Globe. U are guaranteed a nomination and most of the time the win.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2009, 10:21:20 AM »

Mickey was nominated for an Oscar:

Actor: Richard Jenkins, "The Visitor"; Frank Langella, "Frost/Nixon"; Sean Penn, "Milk"; Brad Pitt, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"; Mickey Rourke, "The Wrestler."

Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Annie
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2009, 10:57:32 AM »

I am so happy for Mickey! He is going to be on the VIEW today! I just saw Mickey on THE VIEW. He was so cordial and gracious. They showed a clip of the WRESTLER with SCOM playing!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 11:35:26 AM by Annie » Logged
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2009, 06:40:01 PM »

I saw "The Wrestler" in the theater the other day (already saw it on an advance screening copy dvd -- as cool as that was, it's SO much better on the big screen). Anyway, i didn't take notice on the video, but at the theater i stuck around listening to the Springsteen song over the credits, checking out all the old-school wrestlers being thanked ("Superfly" Snuka, etc.) and the in full capital letters in said something like "THE CAST AND CREW OF THE WRESTLER WOULD LIKE TO THANK AXL ROSE". I thought that was pretty fucking cool!
A funny aside -- at the part where "SCOM" starts to play, i kinda freaked out and went to silence my cell phone -- that's my old ringtone (now it's "Shackler's") and at first i thought i forgot to turn my phone off. I just smiled to myself when i realized it was coming from the movie.

And if you haven't seen this movie, do yourself a favor and go see it! Mickey Rourke is awesome, and Marisa Tomei is HOT! And yes, she does get her tits out -- several times -- and they are NICE!  Shocked

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
Annie
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2009, 10:02:37 AM »

I saw "The Wrestler" in the theater the other day (already saw it on an advance screening copy dvd -- as cool as that was, it's SO much better on the big screen). Anyway, i didn't take notice on the video, but at the theater i stuck around listening to the Springsteen song over the credits, checking out all the old-school wrestlers being thanked ("Superfly" Snuka, etc.) and the in full capital letters in said something like "THE CAST AND CREW OF THE WRESTLER WOULD LIKE TO THANK AXL ROSE". I thought that was pretty fucking cool!
A funny aside -- at the part where "SCOM" starts to play, i kinda freaked out and went to silence my cell phone -- that's my old ringtone (now it's "Shackler's") and at first i thought i forgot to turn my phone off. I just smiled to myself when i realized it was coming from the movie.

And if you haven't seen this movie, do yourself a favor and go see it! Mickey Rourke is awesome, and Marisa Tomei is HOT! And yes, she does get her tits out -- several times -- and they are NICE!  Shocked
I'm so mad that I missed that. I didn't really care for the Springsteen song so I left! This movie totally made me cry. I really cared about the Ram. What do you think happens to him after the movie ends? I was so caught up in his character, that I worried how he was going to pay his hospital bills and prescription costs.
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2009, 07:18:02 PM »

Yeah i agree--you could totally feel what the character was feeling. The scenes with his daughter really got me (i have a daughter, so i'm sure that helped affect me more), and the whole range of emotions during his time at the meat counter...incredible acting performance.  Just such a great character, and i don't think anyone else could've played it (and to think Nicolas Cage almost got the part). It's been a long time since i left a movie and continued thinking about it for days afterward. I'll probably see it in the theater again. I hope he wins the fucking Oscar.

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
Annie
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2009, 11:09:21 PM »

I was reading an article today in the Feb edition of MEN"S HEALTH, I think that was the magazine, and it said Mickey was still sexy, like a bulked up Axl Rose.  smoking I still can't get The Ram out of my mind. I wanted a happy ending so badly for him!
kenwright79
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2009, 02:36:13 AM »

i dont have to go the movie theater anymore i have a 200 inch screen and mitsubishi hc1500 dlp video projectored connected to a ps3 via hdmi.  I can't stand annoying people at the movies. I'm also sitting only 7-8 feet away from my 200 inch screen. I think everyone that loves movies should get that setup for their house if u have enough projector throw distance from ur screen that is, u have to have at least about 25 feet to get 200 inches. The picture is beautiful especially on hd movies.  Im very proud of my system cuz i get top qaulity for less than 2k bucks and that includes the ps3, projector, screen, and pioneer surround sound.
sorry
Opening Act

« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2009, 04:08:13 PM »

Its really cool he gave the song for free!  ok    Cheesy

You sold your soul but I won't let you win
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: