Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 06:36:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 19th 2012 - Capital FM Arena, Nottingham UK (Updates)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 19th 2012 - Capital FM Arena, Nottingham UK (Updates)  (Read 30824 times)
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2012, 08:30:50 AM »

WEll,this is the reason why I like Uk and European shows...Soldout shows,fully arenas and great audience
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2012, 11:54:02 AM »

Band was tight, Axl was on great form (Minus the song Chinese Democracy, where his sound buggered up half-way through and he missed the second verse), and the crowd responded fantastically. Safe to say I was thrown around a lot, but it was great fun.

Did his sound bugger up?

Have to say - I thought he made a mistake - started singing the second double chorus but the first time round, so the band started to play the verse and Axl was singing over the wrong bit... then he blamed the mic!!! Haha. He pulled it off well either way.

Have to say - this is now the 4th time I've seen the band and can't remember them ever looking more together, happy, enjoying it. They were tight - soooo tight. And was very impressed with Frank, first time I've really seen him. He isn't as technical as Brain but so tight, got a great Adler-esque groove and looks so relaxed. He's great for the band.

The energy was unreal.

Wish I could afford to go to more of the gigs!

This line up has to release an album soon  ok

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #122 on: May 20, 2012, 11:59:23 AM »

http://youtu.be/MIoaNW57q_8 - Jungle

http://youtu.be/7ajyA4sQAh0 - Civil War

http://youtu.be/hkq6QmLZqmE - Street of Dreams

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #123 on: May 20, 2012, 12:30:27 PM »

I saw them in 2002 at Docklands, and 2006 at Hammersmith. Last night blew the fcking socks off both of those. An amazing show.

Though I do NOT understand the 6ft 6" guy who ran to the front during SCOM, only to stand stock still in front of everyone who was rocking out, and got pissy when people touched him. What a dickbag.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #124 on: May 20, 2012, 12:42:50 PM »

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
imcrazy
Headliner

« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2012, 01:42:33 PM »

Cool pics.  Are those empty seats in the Richard shot?  What gives - the place looks packed in the DJ shot.

I got a headache like a mother - twice the price of my thrills
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2012, 01:44:28 PM »

Those blocks were not sale because it is a "side on" shot not facing the crowd.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2012, 03:04:20 PM »

A few of my pics..

wadey
Legend

« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2012, 03:52:37 PM »

gone have the days where all cameras and stuff got confiscated  peace
imagine security throwing out everyone with a camera phone, place would be empty  rofl rofl

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2012, 04:19:52 PM »

REALLY cool to hear that Bumble singing one of his owns. Hope he do that for the rest of the tour  beer

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2012, 07:00:23 PM »

imagine security throwing out everyone with a camera phone, place would be empty  rofl rofl

at the same time it's sad seein' a lot of people recording the whole show just to post their videos  on internet just to say "I was there". Yeah dude you were there but you watched the show trough a fuckin camera... I mean...enjoy the show. People look like they can't have fun anymore without prove something to the fuckin world and without a fuckin camera in their hands.
I was thinkin' about  the same thing today when i saw the images of the bomb and the eartquake here in Italy ...people first start filming the tragedy instead of helping people or whatever... no no
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2012, 07:37:54 PM »

at the same time it's sad seein' a lot of people recording the whole show just to post their videos  on internet just to say "I was there". Yeah dude you were there but you watched the show trough a fuckin camera... I mean...enjoy the show. People look like they can't have fun anymore without prove something to the fuckin world and without a fuckin camera in their hands.
I was thinkin' about  the same thing today when i saw the images of the bomb and the eartquake here in Italy ...people first start filming the tragedy instead of helping people or whatever... no no

It's not about 'providing it to the world' in most cases, especially with video a lot of people want it for themselves to help keep a memory alive, unless I know for sure I can take a high def camera into a show and not intrude on other people's experience then I personally don't bother with video, it's too much time, effort and risk, unless it has been well organised with multiple people willing to contribute HD footage for a free mixed cam release.

Then there are forums like this where members know there are plenty of other people who will appreciate photos being taken and shared. It doesn't take away from my experience at all, I took over 200 photos at this show, 117 of those came out well enough to share and it maybe took 5/6 minutes of the show to get that many photos taken, I can still hear and see everything that is going on.

I'm pretty sure nightrained will have another bunch of photos from the show he's attending tonight, and I look forward to him sharing those too.

--------------------

and on an unrelated not, Jarmo's photo of Frank is awesome. I love it when you get clear pictures of drummers at arena shows, sadly it doesn't happen enough.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2012, 08:41:52 PM »

It`s Amazing...

rofl rofl rofl

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2012, 11:09:45 AM »

Anyone got a video of better?

Adam_Guill
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: May 21, 2012, 07:23:42 PM »

Does anyone have video footage of "glad to be here" its the one song i cant seem to find
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2012, 02:18:41 PM »

Does anyone have video footage of "glad to be here" its the one song i cant seem to find
it seems that nobody cared Undecided

Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2012, 02:21:20 PM »

I really need better, Axl pointed at me with gave me the biggest smile, i need to relive the moment  smoking
Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

And for the finishing touch, God created the Dutch

« Reply #137 on: May 26, 2012, 02:17:09 PM »

I really need better, Axl pointed at me with gave me the biggest smile, i need to relive the moment  smoking

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_s83D4iw28&feature=channel&list=UL

Unless your a hemmerhoid, get off my ass!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: