Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 07:38:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Dead Daisies - RICHARD FORTUS's "supergroup"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Dead Daisies - RICHARD FORTUS's "supergroup"  (Read 31347 times)
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 03:53:40 PM »

Small world.

http://www.noise11.com/news/david-lowy-says-dead-daisies-will-be-ongoing-20130326

Lowy spoke with David McCarroll for Australian Guitar Magazine and says that the Australian ?supergroup? will have a future past the current round of shows. ?The Dead Daisies is definitely a going concern,? he said. ?It?s a project of Jon Stevens and mine. We plan to release a single before our Aerosmith support dates in late April/early May called Lock?N?Load, which features Slash, and soon after that release our debut album. Jon and I have already started on new songs. You can look forward to more music and touring in Australia and overseas. I spend a lot of time outside of Australia looking after my business interests and I?m looking to combine that with some international touring?.

The Dead Daisies is Jon Stevens on vocals with Charlie Drayton (Divinyls), Richard Fortus (Guns n? Roses), Jim Hilbun (The Angels), Alan Mansfield (Dragon, Robert Palmer) and David Lowy (Red Phoenix, The Angels, Mink).

Slash put down the guitar work for their first single ?LockNLoad? recently in LA. The single is due in April.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2013, 05:03:47 PM »

Small world.

It really is, isn't it.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 04:07:13 PM »

Small world.

Slash put down the guitar work for their first single ?LockNLoad? recently in LA. The single is due in April.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2013, 04:24:29 PM »

And Richard Fortus's association with this band is officially over now

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2013, 04:37:09 PM »

Get real won't ya...

They are all adults, they do their own thing.  So what you are saying is that because Slash is playing with a band member that Axl's gonna sack Richard, no fucking way.  If that was to happen, I'd bet that most, if not all would walk away from the band, this line-up has been said by all of the pre-2006 line-up that this is the best GnR that has been. For that to happen, there would be no CD2 and I'd struggle to see a follow-up band wanting to step into their shoes.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2013, 05:41:03 PM »

Get real won't ya...

They are all adults, they do their own thing.  So what you are saying is that because Slash is playing with a band member that Axl's gonna sack Richard, no fucking way. 

I think he was joking that Richard's association with "The Dead Daisies" would now be over. Wink

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2013, 08:12:17 PM »

Get real won't ya...

They are all adults, they do their own thing.  So what you are saying is that because Slash is playing with a band member that Axl's gonna sack Richard, no fucking way. 

I think he was joking that Richard's association with "The Dead Daisies" would now be over. Wink

Bingo.......and it was a joke, maybe  Undecided

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2013, 09:23:51 PM »

I remember when everyone was jumping on Robin for touring for a few months with NIN, but how is that different from the current situation with these guys having other bands in which they are recording and touring with?.  Huh

We already heard how nothing got done in Vegas,

Now, we know this is not true. I can personally vouch for lots of drinking and gambling getting done in Vegas....

Chillax about new music, if it comes it comes.

J - can you list me in the NYC boardmembers going, got my day ticket last night. The bear stays behind.

GREG

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2013, 03:38:57 PM »

It's great your making it over to NYC, to see this show Greg. I'm going to try to hit a few more US shows in the future when GN'R announce more US dates hopefully later on in the year.  Smiley

I think you got your quotations messed up abit as it looks like I said what you wanted to say in your post...

Derby Greg

Now, we know this is not true. I can personally vouch for lots of drinking and gambling getting done in Vegas....

Chillax about new music, if it comes it comes.

J - can you list me in the NYC boardmembers going, got my day ticket last night. The bear stays behind.

GREG

Wink

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 03:43:40 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2013, 08:58:59 AM »

http://www.thedeaddaisies.com/home/

New song Lock N Load available to hear now on their website. Sounds great especially the guitar work.
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2013, 11:14:27 AM »

Does this mean richard is covering Slash again?  Tongue
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2013, 01:18:33 PM »

Must admit I find it amusing that fans attending GN'R concerts are not allowed to wear clothes which have Slash's image, although it's fine for members of the band to jam with him on an actual official release. Slight double standards.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2013, 03:41:56 PM »

Must admit I find it amusing that fans attending GN'R concerts are not allowed to wear clothes which have Slash's image, although it's fine for members of the band to jam with him on an actual official release. Slight double standards.

You really believe that?

I've seen people wear all kinds of shirts at GN'R shows. Without any issues.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2013, 04:37:33 PM »

You really believe that?

I've seen people wear all kinds of shirts at GN'R shows. Without any issues.

I saw it at Liverpool and Glasgow last year. But my comment was just a bit of fun. Not to cause trouble.

/jarmo
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2013, 06:12:14 PM »

I went to 7 of the UK shows last year, where this all came about. There was 1 show where security made this clear and enforced it, from where I was anyway(liverpool show). Now, I don't think there would have been one rule for a certain show over another, so I'm putting it down to a lack of communication, or arena security management being over cautious due to any rumours that they may have heard.

I firmly believe this because whilst at the Manchester show they were saying "no flash's/video" on camera's and were quite strict on that. Yet at the other 6 shows, the security and the band never bothered. So I'm again putting that down to Arena security doing there own thing.

So what we had was, in Liverpool you could film the band and take pictures without a slash t shirt on, but the manchester show you could wear a slash shirt without taking any video of the band/use of flash in the first few rows???

The problem lies somewhere in the arena management team, perhaps there not asking enough questions to the GNR security or whatever. I've seen loads of slash/old guns T'shirts at shows in the first couple of rows.

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2013, 03:35:05 AM »

I went to 7 of the UK shows last year, where this all came about. There was 1 show where security made this clear and enforced it, from where I was anyway(liverpool show). Now, I don't think there would have been one rule for a certain show over another, so I'm putting it down to a lack of communication, or arena security management being over cautious due to any rumours that they may have heard.

I firmly believe this because whilst at the Manchester show they were saying "no flash's/video" on camera's and were quite strict on that. Yet at the other 6 shows, the security and the band never bothered. So I'm again putting that down to Arena security doing there own thing.

So what we had was, in Liverpool you could film the band and take pictures without a slash t shirt on, but the manchester show you could wear a slash shirt without taking any video of the band/use of flash in the first few rows???

The problem lies somewhere in the arena management team, perhaps there not asking enough questions to the GNR security or whatever. I've seen loads of slash/old guns T'shirts at shows in the first couple of rows.

I can't say I experienced this at any if the shows I went to last year, although I'm aware of it happening to some degree. I think it's down to security at a venue hearing about this happening, even in another country. Then due to them being terrified to offend Axl in any way, they enforce this rule which the band have no knowledge of at all. It's abit like Chinese whispers I guess, but then people blame the band which is wrong.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2013, 04:56:20 AM »

It's to do with how the venue choose to act upon the band's managements requests- They don't have a clue about hearsay or any concerns about upsetting anyone, they deal with huge crowds every night of the week.
When I went to Glasgow I got there early and had a beer in a bar within the SECC. The security came and stood round the area next to me and received the evenings briefing from their boss. He ran through what the BAND required - He explained to the staff that Slash was no longer in the band and that fans were not allowed T-shirts, banners or anything that depicts Slash as in the past it has been used to taunt Mr Rose. At this particular venue a decision was made to check banners and posters (the poster I was given as part of the VIP package was checked every time I came back from the bar).

So do I believe this Jarmo?? Yes I do. However I understand the 'in the past it has been used to taunt Mr Rose' aspect of banners and posters etc.. So I don't condone the decision on that level.

Anywho- Back to topic. Great song. Is Richard actually on this track??
Wardy
Opening Act

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2013, 09:44:21 AM »

Being from Down Under and a huge fan of Jon Stevens, this all sounds incredibly good!  Fantastic single and the samples sound just as strong!  A real throwback and loving it, a def purchase on the cards here! Cool

I doubt any of this causes conflict of any sort, let's hope the followup to Chinese Democracy is well underway and something gets aired sooner than later.

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2013, 12:55:57 PM »

It's to do with how the venue choose to act upon the band's managements requests- They don't have a clue about hearsay or any concerns about upsetting anyone, they deal with huge crowds every night of the week.
When I went to Glasgow I got there early and had a beer in a bar within the SECC. The security came and stood round the area next to me and received the evenings briefing from their boss. He ran through what the BAND required - He explained to the staff that Slash was no longer in the band and that fans were not allowed T-shirts, banners or anything that depicts Slash as in the past it has been used to taunt Mr Rose. At this particular venue a decision was made to check banners and posters (the poster I was given as part of the VIP package was checked every time I came back from the bar).

So do I believe this Jarmo?? Yes I do. However I understand the 'in the past it has been used to taunt Mr Rose' aspect of banners and posters etc.. So I don't condone the decision on that level.

Anywho- Back to topic. Great song. Is Richard actually on this track??
seems like slash-is-gnr gear is forbidden (rio 2001 stuff)
but for example apocalyptic love shirt is ok. makes sense, and the staff sometimes misunderstoods this

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2013, 01:54:19 PM »

It's to do with how the venue choose to act upon the band's managements requests

I'm not aware of management or the band requesting this. So not sure where it came from.
Been to a number of shows before and since then where it hasn't been an issue.... Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: