Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 03:27:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227879 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ comments on current situation
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ comments on current situation  (Read 30242 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #160 on: May 03, 2015, 10:09:21 AM »

http://loudwire.com/nikki-sixx-new-sixx-a-m-album-world-tour-2016/

So Nikki Sixx tweeted that there will be a new Sixx Am Album and a world tour in 2016, so does that means GNR will do no shit in 2016 also? or TB will make Ashba cancel the Sixx Am tour? or maybe Sixx Am could open for GNR? or Ashba is out too?

Where in that did it say Ashba was out or mention GNR future shows? Must have missed that part  Roll Eyes

All questions asked by me

Was a rhetorical question. I'm not a fan of reading between the lines, twisting words, or interpretations that mean something else besides what was directly said.

The dude asked a few simple questions. Roll Eyes
 No suppositions, no twisting of words, no insinuations. He wanted to know what others thought regarding DJ's status if he's out with Sixx AM.

I thought the interview was pretty clear on what it said, I don't honestly count on the opinions of others to inform me, I read the articles,interviews and bank on official announcements Instead of rampant gossip and rumors.

Different POV I suppose.  Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #161 on: May 03, 2015, 10:12:36 AM »

DJ Ashba: Yes, Guns N' Roses will always be one of my top priorities.

This is quite worrying really. It used to be that this band was always a top priority with new music coming out. Now it sounds like he's conceding it's not happening.
He has many irons in the fire, Ashba Swag, His design company, production projects, Sixx AM and GnR, and not forgetting his wife - all could be considered as a "top priority...." What's changed? Nothing as I can tell  ok

Great insight-!  beer

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #162 on: May 03, 2015, 11:58:53 AM »

Agree that no one should be reading anything into GN'R being "one" of his top priorities.  If he said its no longer a priority than we'd have a different conversation.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #163 on: May 03, 2015, 01:33:53 PM »

What's changed? Nothing as I can tell  ok

Sixx:A.M. just completed their first-ever headlining tour to mostly sold out shows.

Nikki Sixx is done with Motley Crue in December and says that Sixx:A.M. will be his top priority.

Sixx:A.M. is currently writing for their next full length album and plan an album release and first-ever world tour in 2016.

Will any of this impact Guns N' Roses plans in the future, maybe, maybe not.  Right now Guns N' Roses don't have any album or tour plans.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #164 on: May 03, 2015, 01:45:39 PM »

If Dj comes in a position where he is forced to choose, in a situation where GN'R has a new album and a tour planned, he would be stupid to ditch GN'R in favor of Sixx AM.

I think he knows that as well. Let's just hope GN'R doesn't wait too long before they come up with a plan for the future so such a situation doesn't occur.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #165 on: May 03, 2015, 02:54:53 PM »

If Dj comes in a position where he is forced to choose, in a situation where GN'R has a new album and a tour planned, he would be stupid to ditch GN'R in favor of Sixx AM.

I think he knows that as well. Let's just hope GN'R doesn't wait too long before they come up with a plan for the future so such a situation doesn't occur.

Money talks

If guns has a new album coming out where DJ is not featured and six am has one out where he is featured    It is probably in his bestinterests to support six am and ditch guns.
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #166 on: May 03, 2015, 03:44:13 PM »

Or...they make them both work.

DJ doesn't seem to be the kinda guy that likes a light load.

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #167 on: May 03, 2015, 06:32:39 PM »

Money talks

If guns has a new album coming out where DJ is not featured and six am has one out where he is featured    It is probably in his bestinterests to support six am and ditch guns.

I don't think they're making much money selling records, it comes down to touring revenue.

I would think Dj makes more money touring with GN'R than with Sixx AM.

Sweetness is a virtue
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #168 on: May 03, 2015, 08:59:54 PM »

Money talks

I don't think they're making much money selling records, it comes down to touring revenue.

Exactly.  And especially if the next tour supports a new album, interest will peak again and would have to be much more lucrative for DJ, regardless of how many writing credits he gets on the next record.  Which by the way I believe will be a mix of old and some new, when it eventually does arrive.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #169 on: May 04, 2015, 04:27:36 PM »

I don't see a Six Month Sixx:AM tour happening.

It sounds like it could be longer...

Once M?tley Cr?e plays its final show in Los Angeles on December 31, Sixx envisions taking a month off, before Sixx: A.M. becomes his new full-time job. Sixx says that 2016 will be devoted to touring the band?s current album, 2014?s Modern Vintage, all the while recording its follow-up. Beyond that, Sixx sees that new album arriving in 2017, followed by a world tour.

Unfortunately, due to Sixx?s hectic M?tley Cr?e schedule, Ashba playing guitar for Guns N? Roses and Michael being active in the studio as a music writer and producer, this type of touring was unable to happen ? until now.

?Now, we have the bug,? he adds. ?If there was any part of me that thought my touring life would be minimal [after M?tley Cr?e], it was wrong.?

Who knows.  But it looks like Nikki is planning a worldwide arena tour...

?They already have changed,? replies Sixx when asked if his expectations for Sixx: A.M. will change following the M?tley Cr?e farewell tour. ?I?m loving finishing off the M?tley Cr?e stuff, but my expectations are high for Sixx: A.M. The first thing we have to do is take it around the world and play in front of everybody. Then we have to release the right fourth record and just go out there and do it. My expectations are that we are an arena band.?

?When you?re in a band like AC/DC, or Van Halen, or M?tley Cr?e, or Guns N? Roses, you do something and you have a sound: it?s really potent and amazing. But Sixx: A.M. is a different kind of band, because no one is really holding us accountable, so [people] are just allowing us to make pretty obscure and wide strokes?and we?re taking advantage of it.?

http://www.riffyou.com/interview-nikki-sixx-gets-a-new-crue-with-sixx-a-m/

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2015, 04:38:25 PM »

Well we all know how plans change......

Good luck with filling arenas Nikki.   I don't know how big a draw six am is in the United States of American.   But here in Canada they will be playing theatres

But at least they have a plan.   At least they are getting new music out there and at least they are touring
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #171 on: May 04, 2015, 04:42:17 PM »

But at least they have a plan.   At least they are getting new music out there and at least they are touring

Passive aggressive are we?  hihi

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #172 on: May 04, 2015, 06:49:46 PM »

Passive aggressive are we?  hihi

Hahahaha

Little bit.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #173 on: May 05, 2015, 06:22:09 PM »

Worldwide arena tour... Do they have a fanbase big enough to pull that off? There aren't many rock bands these days that are considered to be an arena draw.

I imagine those will be curtained shows.

Sweetness is a virtue
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #174 on: May 06, 2015, 01:09:15 AM »

'
[/quote ]

Worldwide arena tour... Do they have a fanbase big enough to pull that off? There aren't many rock bands these days that are considered to be an arena draw.

They might have if they are supporting Guns 'n fuckin Roses  Wink
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 01:11:12 AM by The Wight Gunner » Logged
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #175 on: May 06, 2015, 02:45:03 AM »

GNR World Tour 16/17 ☺ Special Guest: SixxAm

Maybe

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #176 on: May 06, 2015, 12:50:44 PM »

Oh, I would doubt they'd even book arenas.  That seems way ambitious.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #177 on: May 06, 2015, 01:14:40 PM »

Maybe

smoking

I love that "Maybe".

Let's hope promoters don't start using it.

Elvis Presley

Maybe

plus special guest
Jimi Hendrix

Maybe

Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #178 on: May 06, 2015, 01:59:54 PM »

Some advise from DJ Ashba:

At a young age, I was taught that learning how the music business works is every bit as important as learning your instrument. After all, they call a business for a reason. Always have a back-up plan, that's the smartest advice I can give you. Unfortunately, the reality is that very few bands will ever achieve success in this industry; even fewer will establish longevity.

http://www.inc.com/john-rampton/interview-with-guns-and-roses-dj-ashba-on-entrepreneurial-success-beyond-music.html

MAY 5, 2015

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #179 on: May 06, 2015, 03:33:42 PM »

Maybe

smoking

I love that "Maybe".

Let's hope promoters don't start using it.

Elvis Presley

Maybe

plus special guest
Jimi Hendrix

Maybe

Wink

/jarmo

Or Special Guest: VINCE NEIL Fight AXL

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●