Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:46:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ comments on current situation
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ comments on current situation  (Read 30246 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2015, 08:50:16 AM »

What's really ironic is that you're whining about my ironic post.  Cheesy

In case you missed it, there were already doom and gloom posts posts.
See, anything can and will be twisted into being bad by a certain clique.

That's what my joke was about.
It obviously went over your head.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2015, 09:04:26 AM »

What's really ironic is that you're whining about my ironic post.  Cheesy

In case you missed it, there were already doom and gloom posts posts.
See, anything can and will be twisted into being bad by a certain clique.

That's what my joke was about.
It obviously went over your head.

/jarmo

Oh, so it was a joke and not (another) attempt to take a dig at people you don't like.

In that case, it was really funny.   Cheesy
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2015, 09:12:22 AM »

Yeah, I made fun of certain people who we all know will never be happy. It's kinda ironic how anything good Dj used to say was bad, and now this isn't as "good" and it's also bad.

Obviously if you're part of that group of people, it's not easy to admit that your behavior is kinda funny (and/or sad, depending how you look at it)! Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2015, 10:14:19 AM »

Yeah, I made fun of certain people who we all know will never be happy. It's kinda ironic how anything good Dj used to say was bad, and now this isn't as "good" and it's also bad.

Obviously if you're part of that group of people, it's not easy to admit that your behavior is kinda funny (and/or sad, depending how you look at it)! Cheesy

/jarmo

I actually think that this interview is good.  The"good" that DJ used to say has turned out to be unfounded or unproven.  It was more like he was saying things to keep hopes up, without any regard as to what he was saying was factually correct.

I appreciate his latest comments.  He's not trying to sell us something, rather, he sounds honest about what's going on (not much) and that, whenever Axl calls, he'll answer the phone and be right there to do whatever he wants (new tour, album promotion, etc.).  I find this new approach refreshing.
italian queen
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2015, 10:18:02 AM »

ok I agree
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2015, 10:46:32 AM »

I actually think that this interview is good.  The"good" that DJ used to say has turned out to be unfounded or unproven.  It was more like he was saying things to keep hopes up, without any regard as to what he was saying was factually correct.

Cool.

I think the context of the interview shouldn't be disregarded. He's on tour with Sixx: A.M. Obviously he's focused on that at the moment.

Regarding his previous comments. There's nothing wrong with being positive and upbeat. It's unfortunate that it often gets twisted into being some kind of promises and lies when it's not.

/jarmo

russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2015, 01:49:17 PM »

Does anyone have any idea why Axl would want to dissemble the band, stop touring with it, and start all over again? I mean, that line may not be true, but what is the logic (or illogic) behind that statement? Everything I ever saw or heard was that the band was tight and Axl was very happy to be playing with them.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2015, 02:23:43 PM »

Cool.

I think the context of the interview shouldn't be disregarded. He's on tour with Sixx: A.M. Obviously he's focused on that at the moment.

Regarding his previous comments. There's nothing wrong with being positive and upbeat. It's unfortunate that it often gets twisted into being some kind of promises and lies when it's not.

/jarmo

I agree.  Yes, the interview (and DJ's focus) is rightly on Sixx: AM at the moment, and the GnR bit was but a small piece of the interview.

And I'm not one to go so far as to say that he was intentionally lying or being deceitful in the past.  It's just that, when you hear comments from a band member, it's natural to think that they know what's going on.  It's entirely possible he was just speaking with the same type of hope that we as fans have...it's just that you'd think that his comments would carry more weight because he's in the band.

With Axl's comments last year, plus the other rumblings (studio tweets, Richard's interview, Stay of Execution, etc.) people are getting a little antsy to see what the next move is, remaining hopeful that there is a next move.  I get that the band is on break, Ron is gone, and everyone is off on their other projects, so maybe the timing isn't ready for an announcement.  But that doesn't mean I'm going to leave the altar and not wait for one.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2015, 03:13:05 PM »

Just curious..DJ does not wear his hat when playing with Sixx AM. Is it a homage to Slash or what??
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2015, 09:05:23 AM »

And I'm not one to go so far as to say that he was intentionally lying or being deceitful in the past.  It's just that, when you hear comments from a band member, it's natural to think that they know what's going on.  It's entirely possible he was just speaking with the same type of hope that we as fans have...it's just that you'd think that his comments would carry more weight because he's in the band.

In essence what he's said in the past is that there's no shortage of material and that he's written stuff for GN'R.
That's all good news. Smiley

Just curious..DJ does not wear his hat when playing with Sixx AM. Is it a homage to Slash or what??

Or maybe the hat doesn't fit the image of the rest of the band (Sixx: A.M)?

/jarmo

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2015, 06:31:38 PM »

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/d-j-ashba-on-guns-n-roses-current-status-im-looking-at-this-more-as-a-hiatus-than-the-end/

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2015, 08:36:28 PM »

Sorry, there?s already a thread about it

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2015, 09:15:12 AM »

Sorry, there?s already a thread about it

I posted this in a different thread but I am going to copy and paste here..

(I think the fact that there doesn't seem to be a GNR lineup "in place" at the moment derailed any tentative plans. Which was a fear of mine from the get go with Ron's status.

Maybe at the time when touring plans were in place, Axl wasn't convinced or aware that Ron would walk away.

However, despite Dj's claims of extensive plans... there were all these rumors of everybody being told that they can pursue all avenues for the time being... so really was there ever a plan? Most likely we will never know.

I am just concerned that there really isnt a GNR at the moment... maybe everybody comes back...but maybe they don't. So if there are more changes than just Ron... that's certainly going to slow things down for the foreseeable future.)

It relates to DJ's comments about being on "hiatus" . To me that term means they have no clue what the future holds... Which IMO is a scary thing for GNR fans like us because things often derail plans even when they are firmly in place. When DJ says whenever Axl starts up again he will be there... just means they are on "indefinite leave" to me.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2015, 09:17:51 AM »

It relates to DJ's comments about being on "hiatus" . To me that term means they have no clue what the future holds...

But Ashba expects to return to the stage with Rose, saying, ?I?ve got his back whenever he needs me. Ever since I joined GNR six years ago, it?s almost been nonstop touring. But we?ve kind of talked of more touring, and I?m looking at this more as a hiatus than the end.?

There you go.
He answered your question in the same interview.

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2015, 09:20:10 AM »

It relates to DJ's comments about being on "hiatus" . To me that term means they have no clue what the future holds...

But Ashba expects to return to the stage with Rose, saying, ?I?ve got his back whenever he needs me. Ever since I joined GNR six years ago, it?s almost been nonstop touring. But we?ve kind of talked of more touring, and I?m looking at this more as a hiatus than the end.?

There you go.
He answered your question in the same interview.

/jarmo

Not really... It doesn't mean they have a plan to do so... just that they have discussed the possibility of it.

I would think they need to nail down a lineup first before any shows can be considered.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2015, 09:21:56 AM »

What do you mean plan?

Maybe not booked and confirmed shows, but if there's plans, they are definitely thinking about it.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2015, 09:59:42 AM »

It relates to DJ's comments about being on "hiatus" . To me that term means they have no clue what the future holds... Which IMO is a scary thing for GNR fans like us because things often derail plans even when they are firmly in place. When DJ says whenever Axl starts up again he will be there... just means they are on "indefinite leave" to me.

Which might never start back up again.  I think its totally dishonest to suggest that is not at least a possibility.

Obviously, despite the flowery optimism, they aren't doing dick about a new album.  Which, I'm sorry, at some point you do reach a point where its hard to credibly argue that will ever change.  How strong is any argument that after 6, 7, or whatever years with no progress, all of the sudden they are all about it?

And then you have the possibility of mass defections.  One guy can be replaced.  But what about 2 or 3?  What if the longer this all goes on, another guy (maybe 2) cashes out as well?

What have you seen that would suggest to you Axl has anywhere near the fire to start over, yet again?

Kind of a nervous time for GNR fans right now, I agree.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2015, 10:03:51 AM »

Which might never start back up again.  I think its totally dishonest to suggest that is not at least a possibility.

Obviously, despite the flowery optimism, they aren't doing dick about a new album.  Which, I'm sorry, at some point you do reach a point where its hard to credibly argue that will ever change.  How strong is any argument that after 6, 7, or whatever years with no progress, all of the sudden they are all about it?

And then you have the possibility of mass defections.  One guy can be replaced.  But what about 2 or 3?  What if the longer this all goes on, another guy (maybe 2) cashes out as well?

What have you seen that would suggest to you Axl has anywhere near the fire to start over, yet again?

Kind of a nervous time for GNR fans right now, I agree.

I wasn't trying to suggest a whole doom and gloom scenario... Just pointing out that whatever plan DJ thought they had... couldn't have materialized without a complete band lineup...

Which has been my concern about Ron's departure from the first time he tweeted off that countdown.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2015, 10:24:47 AM »

If Ron is the only defection, I think they weather that storm.  At least to tour further.

But suppose its Ron and Tommy?  Or Ron, Tommy, and whoever else?

I think that word that came down that they were free to do whatever they want for a bit was kind of ominous.  Let's make you one of those guys.  You are presented with some other opportunity.  And then you weigh that against Guns N' Roses.  Well, what is that right now?  Do you even know? 

And are you going to turn down something else a hell of a lot more solid because of it?  Dunno.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2015, 10:45:16 AM »

So here is the situation.

We have had rumours for the past year that Guns N?Roses is retiring.

Axl has claimed this to be untrue (rare from Axl)
Dizzy has claimed that its untrue.
Ashba has said that they are on a break.
Ron says he is concentrating on his solo career.

We have comments by pretty much every member of the band that they are working on a new album. During the last 24 months.

We have had comments from Ashba and GNR facebook that they are thinking about touring soon again.

Most logical scenario would be that GNR is on a touring break, they are working on a album, in GNR pace. And now the next move would be releasing the album then tour some more.

this dosent look like the end of GNR to me. It looks like end of chapter Chinese Democracy.

I Think every member has had their calendar GNR free july 14 - end of 15??

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »