Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 05:20:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Los Angelos
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Los Angelos  (Read 31155 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2016, 10:22:35 AM »

Reconciliation with Slash, in whatever form it may be currently, was obviously the monkey off his back. Then, he does the AC/DC thing where he is the hired Gun. The discipline he learned from that...the humility. You can see that influence big time in the Gnr shows. The spacing kept between the players is intentional. Everybody gets their chance to shine....no egos on the stage....give the fans what they pay top dollar to see...and more.  beer

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2016, 11:05:34 AM »

Awesome show. It was loud, set was great, vibe in the whole place was amazing!!
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2016, 11:28:33 AM »

Yesterdays!!!!???!!!!

Fuck yes, AWESOME!!

Anybody find any footage??

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2016, 11:37:48 AM »

Yesterdays!!!!???!!!!

Fuck yes, AWESOME!!

Yesterdays GNR LA 18/08
Uploader:  OsteopataChile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNC9pBGs8HY

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2016, 11:40:04 AM »

Yesterdays!!!!???!!!!

Fuck yes, AWESOME!!

Yesterdays GNR LA 18/08

Great find, Gypsy.  I struck out earlier.

Always really liked this song.  Wish it was more of a staple.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2016, 11:44:14 AM »

I don't have time right now to post the direct links but on that youtube page, to the right, are apparently a lot of videos from last night by other uploaders.  ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2016, 02:40:53 PM »

Here is One of the L.A channels reporting live from the show. I found it funny how people were showing up late figuring the band would late. I can't imagine missing the first 45 mins of the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LS_nAgDQas

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2016, 02:49:27 PM »

They're coming to every show to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and by the time they get out on stage, they're all out of bubblegum.

Long live Roddy Piper!   Cool
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2016, 03:05:39 PM »

They're coming to every show to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and by the time they get out on stage, they're all out of bubblegum.

Long live Roddy Piper!   Cool
Someone got it!

Ali
alcapone_dudu
Rocker

Black Frog

« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2016, 04:01:08 PM »

Yesterdays!!!!???!!!!

Fuck yes, AWESOME!!

Yesterdays GNR LA 18/08

Awesome!!

Axl's back with the cowboy boots.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2016, 06:36:01 PM »

Is this an American thing....   Durrin concerts for people to play on there phones, constantly go go get drinks and food?? 

I am used to goin to concerts where people are there for the music.  Where people dance and sing to the music.  Not txt people about how great of a time they are having or watch it threw there phone while they record it for later.   

I don't get it
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2016, 07:21:41 PM »

Is this an American thing....   Durrin concerts for people to play on there phones, constantly go go get drinks and food?? 

I am used to goin to concerts where people are there for the music.  Where people dance and sing to the music.  Not txt people about how great of a time they are having or watch it threw there phone while they record it for later.   

I don't get it

You're always going to have people at a concert like that. I agree the texting is annoying, but I welcome the video recording. Though also annoying, it allows me to watch the concert I was at again afterwards. I don't think it's just an US deal. If it were only the US, we wouldn't have a treasure of GNR videos from shows in Europe, Etc. on YouTube.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 07:23:28 PM by gnrrock » Logged
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2016, 08:01:37 PM »

I don't get it

You're always going to have people at a concert like that. I agree the texting is annoying, but I welcome the video recording. Though also annoying, it allows me to watch the concert I was at again afterwards. I don't think it's just an US deal. If it were only the US, we wouldn't have a treasure of GNR videos from shows in Europe, Etc. on YouTube.

No r cording of shows happens every place.   

However the lack of dancing.  Constnt food and drinks I have never seen before.   
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2016, 08:37:47 PM »

I don't get it

So where do you go to see your concerts?

Where in the 1990s, I'm asking.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2016, 09:07:14 PM »

Saw Eddie trunk tweet that he expects Steven to play with the band again REALLY soon ....

Sounds like tonight to me.

Bacon ... We get that you hate the U.S... But stop being ridiculous.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2016, 09:50:55 PM »

Saw Eddie trunk tweet that he expects Steven to play with the band again REALLY soon ....

No one ever got a beer outside of America.

Non-U.S. concerts...real straight edge affairs.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2016, 01:24:12 PM »

No one ever got a beer outside of America.

Non-U.S. concerts...real straight edge affairs.

I responded to these once.  It got deleted

Sure this one will as well. So I won't put much time into it
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2016, 04:17:28 PM »

I don't get it
I'd be willing to bet that all of those things you mentioned are universal and not exclusive to the US. People are on their phones constantly all over the world. I agree that it's a little ridiculous, but that's just the way it is. And I'm pretty sure people eat and drink all over the world too, which in turn would increase the need to go the restrooms. The only thing I'll agree with is that US crowds are more tame at concerts. I've been to shows and been yelled at just for standing, even at football games. Alright, perhaps alcohol may have factored in. Some people see others having more fun than them and they like to put a stop to it. Jealousy I guess.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2016, 11:29:39 PM »

The food thing is weird but does tend to happen in stadiums all over the world.

Who doesn't want to eat a load of fries and chicken while they watch a rock show.....
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #119 on: August 22, 2016, 02:50:29 AM »

I don't get it
I'd be willing to bet that all of those things you mentioned are universal and not exclusive to the US. People are on their phones constantly all over the world. I agree that it's a little ridiculous, but that's just the way it is. And I'm pretty sure people eat and drink all over the world too, which in turn would increase the need to go the restrooms. The only thing I'll agree with is that US crowds are more tame at concerts. I've been to shows and been yelled at just for standing, even at football games. Alright, perhaps alcohol may have factored in. Some people see others having more fun than them and they like to put a stop to it. Jealousy I guess.

I don't have a problem with people eating at shows, but those that drink so much that they need to pee 2 or more times during shows (those seated) are a pain in the arse, FFS don't you guys know your bladder  rant 

That said, I hate sitting at shows, which is why I prefer seeing GnR at festivals
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: