Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:07:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Los Angelos
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Los Angelos  (Read 31157 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2016, 10:00:33 AM »

Is this an American thing....   Durrin concerts for people to play on there phones, constantly go go get drinks and food?? 

I am used to goin to concerts where people are there for the music.  Where people dance and sing to the music.  Not txt people about how great of a time they are having or watch it threw there phone while they record it for later.   

I don't get it

No, it's a 2000's thing.

And generally apparent around the world.  I have friends all over the place..they report (and some are annoyed by...just like you) the same general behavior, especially amongst the younger set. 

But beer runs have been a thing, around the world, during shows for...IDK...40 years?

Maybe Canada is different.....though I know the phone thing isn't.  The food and drink thing...maybe you guys are just so pissed and stuffed when you get to the venue, you're stuck to your seats. ;P

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #121 on: August 22, 2016, 10:47:58 AM »

Is this an American thing....   Durrin concerts for people to play on there phones, constantly go go get drinks and food?? 

I am used to goin to concerts where people are there for the music.  Where people dance and sing to the music.  Not txt people about how great of a time they are having or watch it threw there phone while they record it for later.   

I don't get it

No, it's a 2000's thing.

And generally apparent around the world.  I have friends all over the place..they report (and some are annoyed by...just like you) the same general behavior, especially amongst the younger set. 

But beer runs have been a thing, around the world, during shows for...IDK...40 years?

Maybe Canada is different.....though I know the phone thing isn't.  The food and drink thing...maybe you guys are just so pissed and stuffed when you get to the venue, you're stuck to your seats. ;P

Yeah it's not a sporting event.  With down time.  Where you are sitting for the most part.  Where you can eat.    It's a concert that lasts a couple of hours.  Really. You really needed those nachos with extra cheese?

Lookin at a lot of the footage it looks like a lot of people go just to say they where there.   Instaid of enjoying it in the moment
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #122 on: August 22, 2016, 10:58:56 AM »

Yeah it's not a sporting event.  With down time.  Where you are sitting for the most part.  Where you can eat.    It's a concert that lasts a couple of hours.  Really. You really needed those nachos with extra cheese?

Lookin at a lot of the footage it looks like a lot of people go just to say they where there.   Instaid of enjoying it in the moment

I get the objection, and I'm with you.  I do my drinking and eating (and peeing) before the show. 

I have friends around the globe who feel the same, and a few who don't (especially about the drinking part).

But every one, when we've had this discussion, says it happens there too.  But, tbh, I don't think I have  a single Canadian friend who has participated in the discussion. Swedish, Japanese, Irish, Scottish, English, Australian, and my South American buddies, too....they all report the same thing: Having to get up and down 100 times during a show to let someone pass to get food, beer, or piss.  Or that their seat neighbor spends the whole show, standing there, giving a blow by blow (with a couple of selfies thrown in) on SM.  Tongue  It's not just the US, for sure.

The phone thing bothers me less, if they are recording/streaming/etc the show.  It's the constant access to SM like twitter, insta, and FB that makes me go WTF. Why even go?  But to each their own.

Together again,
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: August 22, 2016, 11:29:31 AM »

It really depends on the concert though. I was at a punk festival last week (Bulgaria, Europe) and I can tell you that you couldn't survive (or at least your burger or cell phone couldn't) during the sets of the bands. Anyways, it pisses me off as well. It even pisses me off that you have these seats on the ground there in America. Cheesy

"...It don't really matter..."
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #124 on: August 22, 2016, 04:40:32 PM »

It really depends on the concert though. I was at a punk festival last week (Bulgaria, Europe) and I can tell you that you couldn't survive (or at least your burger or cell phone couldn't) during the sets of the bands. Anyways, it pisses me off as well. It even pisses me off that you have these seats on the ground there in America. Cheesy

Look to the outsides of the pit...you'll still see those with nses in phones or cups.

The seats on the floor IS a US thing, specifically a US fire code and liability thing.

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2016, 05:31:25 PM »

Saw Eddie trunk tweet that he expects Steven to play with the band again REALLY soon ....

Sounds like tonight to me.

Bacon ... We get that you hate the U.S... But stop being ridiculous.

No one ever got a beer outside of America.

Non-U.S. concerts...real straight edge affairs.

I responded to these once.  It got deleted

Sure this one will as well. So I won't put much time into it

That's just my boy Jarmo looking out for me.  We go way back.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2016, 01:35:14 AM »

Saw Eddie trunk tweet that he expects Steven to play with the band again REALLY soon ....

Sounds like tonight to me.

Bacon ... We get that you hate the U.S... But stop being ridiculous.

No one ever got a beer outside of America.

Non-U.S. concerts...real straight edge affairs.

I responded to these once.  It got deleted

Sure this one will as well. So I won't put much time into it

That's just my boy Jarmo looking out for me.  We go way back.

Nope not him and I heard he still thinks you stink
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: