Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:16:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227879 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Los Angelos
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Los Angelos  (Read 31154 times)
vladie75
Opening Act

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2016, 08:15:55 AM »

The Cult opening. Little bit of a let down after all the hype and speculation!
EatTheGlass
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2016, 09:20:54 AM »

Metallica?

My guesses:
Metallica- they are dropping album soon, they have toured with before, they are a big draw still.
Green Day- again, dropping album soon, inducted GNR into HOF.
Temple of the Dog- dropping album soon of reissues, people want to see them and they are doing a small tour, duff connection.
Pearl Jam- don't know about album but duff connection.
Soundgarden- duff connection, no album though, that I know of.
Janes Addiction

LOL, great guesses....Led Zeppelin isn't available? What about the Rolling Stones?
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2016, 09:49:16 AM »

Metallica?

My guesses:
Metallica- they are dropping album soon, they have toured with before, they are a big draw still.
Temple of the Dog- dropping album soon of reissues, people want to see them and they are doing a small tour, duff connection.

Janes Addiction

LOL, great guesses....Led Zeppelin isn't available? What about the Rolling Stones?

None of the bands I mentioned are as big as LZ or the Stones. We were told a big time band is opening for them. I know the Cult has been announced, but I still think GD will open as well. Just my hunch.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2016, 09:50:04 AM »

The Cult opening. Little bit of a let down after all the hype and speculation!

I think the Cult starts, then another band, then GNR.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2016, 09:50:17 AM »

Metallica?

My guesses:
Janes Addiction

Or what about AC/DC? lol

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2016, 09:52:14 AM »

Metallica?

My guesses:

Janes Addiction

None of the bands I mentioned are as big as LZ or the Stones. We were told a big time band is opening for them. I know the Cult has been announced, but I still think GD will open as well. Just my hunch.

Oh awesome, who told us that a big time band is opening?  I haven't been following GNR much the last few weeks

Lol, editing because The Cult was just announced.  What a big time band!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 09:58:29 AM by WAR41 » Logged
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2016, 10:58:12 AM »

Metallica?

My guesses:

Janes Addiction

Oh awesome, who told us that a big time band is opening?  I haven't been following GNR much the last few weeks

Alternative Nation said major surprise opening band. I just don't see the Cult being the major surprise.
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2016, 10:59:58 AM »

Metallica?

My guesses:

Janes Addiction

Alternative Nation said major surprise opening band. I just don't see the Cult being the major surprise.

Is "Alternative Nation" considered a credible news source? I was under the impression the website got some of their info from fan boards. Am I mistaken?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 11:03:28 AM by gnrrock » Logged
EatTheGlass
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2016, 11:05:23 AM »

Metallica?

My guesses:

Janes Addiction

Right, but 90% of the bands you mentioned are some of the biggest bands on the planet....they don't open shows, bands open for them.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2016, 11:31:53 AM »

Metallica?

My guesses:

Janes Addiction

Right, but 90% of the bands you mentioned are some of the biggest bands on the planet....they don't open shows, bands open for them.
In these unusual times I'd plump for ACDC with Axl being the supporting act, just because...... And don't forget, ACDC has their own singer so why would they employee a guest vocalist, like I said unusual times  Wink

EDIT: Just to add, the way this band has been this year at the top of their game, how could you top that? ^^^^^^^^
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 11:35:03 AM by The Wight Gunner » Logged
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2016, 12:48:05 PM »

Metallica?

My guesses:

Janes Addiction

We're basing this discussion on what Alternative Nation said?  Oh lawd....
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2016, 01:24:25 PM »

Metallica?

My guesses:
Janes Addiction

Hahahaha

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2016, 05:43:26 PM »

I think we might be getting into the realms of fantasy here with the suggestions! Looks like you're getting the cult.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2016, 08:34:27 PM »

Is anyone here actually serious with any of these posts?

Where would the money be in having a big name opening act and not promoting it?

Guns hasn't had a big name opener yet this tour.  Why now?   It's like thinking they are going to change up the set list or hope for a guest act.   

They seem to have a formula that is printing money for them right now.  Why change it.  I wouldn't. Not until this leg of the tour is over
Princess Leia
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2016, 09:07:29 PM »

Is anyone here actually serious with any of these posts?

Where would the money be in having a big name opening act and not promoting it?

Guns hasn't had a big name opener yet this tour.  Why now?   It's like thinking they are going to change up the set list or hope for a guest act.   

They seem to have a formula that is printing money for them right now.  Why change it.  I wouldn't. Not until this leg of the tour is over

I wonder if you are serious. AIC and The Cult have opened for GN'R this tour. The Cult will open in L.A. it has been confirmed in the GN'R oficial social media.

Sure neither band is Metallica nor The Rolling Stones but they are still big names
wolftread
Headliner

No Refrain

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2016, 02:13:07 PM »

I just nabbed a couple GA Tickets for tomorrow night's show but got a little freaked out with the tickets stating a start time of 6:30.   I cannot make it to the venue till 9:30 at the earliest but that was always plenty of time to catch GNR hit the stage...I am not so sure with this one...could one of you insiders give me the realistic timeframe of when GNR will hit the stage in LA tomorrow?  If it really is around 8pm then I should probably move my tickets for someone to enjoy the whole show.  If they come on at 9pm then I would get a good hour and a half...it is kind of a dilemma for me....argh!!  Thanks gunners for any info!!  I will be at the show on Friday with plenty of time but tomorrow is scaring me...regards
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2016, 02:44:04 PM »

My prediction: Cult, then GN'R with an unusually high number of special guests.  peace

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2016, 04:07:58 PM »

Guns N' Roses ‏@gunsnroses
It feels good to be home?
#LA #NotInThisLifeTime Tour #GnFnR http://livemu.sc/GNR_Tix

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
EatTheGlass
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2016, 04:11:53 PM »

I just nabbed a couple GA Tickets for tomorrow night's show but got a little freaked out with the tickets stating a start time of 6:30.   I cannot make it to the venue till 9:30 at the earliest but that was always plenty of time to catch GNR hit the stage...I am not so sure with this one...could one of you insiders give me the realistic timeframe of when GNR will hit the stage in LA tomorrow?  If it really is around 8pm then I should probably move my tickets for someone to enjoy the whole show.  If they come on at 9pm then I would get a good hour and a half...it is kind of a dilemma for me....argh!!  Thanks gunners for any info!!  I will be at the show on Friday with plenty of time but tomorrow is scaring me...regards

But is that the actual start time, or the time they open the doors?
wolftread
Headliner

No Refrain

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2016, 04:54:36 PM »

But is that the actual start time, or the time they open the doors?

That is doors but still seems early....I still have to believe in a 9:30 Start time.  I think SF had a curfew but not sure that LA has the same....I just hope they start as late as possible and that I'm there...I'm bringing a friend for his first GNR show but he is committed till 9pm in Santa Monica....I wanted him to see most of the show for full effect but even if they start at 9 he will get a nice dose...peace  peace
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: