Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:27:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227924 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  MEN Arena, Manchester - 29 May
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: MEN Arena, Manchester - 29 May  (Read 8009 times)
JDnCoke
Opening Act

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2012, 07:54:38 AM »

Hell Yeahh im in, got to the front row Oct 2010 same again i think..........Will be my ninth GNR show from 1992 to 2012 twenty years and still loving the Legend that is Axl Rose!
begsy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 08:08:16 AM »

looking forward to it,i hope one day they play liverpool
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 08:44:23 AM »

Hmmm! i dunno what to do about this show , ive seen GnR everytime they have been through England since 1991 , however ive seen Chinese Democracy tour in 2002 , 3 times in 2006 and again in 2010 im not sure if this will be another one or if they will be promoting some new stuff.  

I don't get this obsession with what the tour is "promoting".

Your favorite band is touring. Who cares?

It seems like some artists put out shit albums just so they have an excuse to "promote" something by touring.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 05:58:37 PM »

Hmmm! i dunno what to do about this show , ive seen GnR everytime they have been through England since 1991 , however ive seen Chinese Democracy tour in 2002 , 3 times in 2006 and again in 2010 im not sure if this will be another one or if they will be promoting some new stuff.  

It seems like some artists put out shit albums just so they have an excuse to "promote" something by touring.

/jarmo
yeh i know what your saying and i will probably go anyway, its just how many times have i seen them songs played ? i appreciate that fans expect the hits of course but im not into nostalgia i hope to see them looking to the future too. Im still intrigued cos the reviews of the American tour are some of the best they have had in years so they must be on fire. I already av tickets to MEN to see Pearl Jam in june and i dont know if they are promoting anything but they play a different show every night.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012, 06:31:53 PM »

/jarmo
yeh i know what your saying and i will probably go anyway, its just how many times have i seen them songs played ? i appreciate that fans expect the hits of course but im not into nostalgia i hope to see them looking to the future too. Im still intrigued cos the reviews of the American tour are some of the best they have had in years so they must be on fire. I already av tickets to MEN to see Pearl Jam in june and i dont know if they are promoting anything but they play a different show every night.

But that's the point isn't it, casual fans (who make up the majority of the audience) want and expect to hear the hits. I don't know of any fan base for any artist that wouldn't like a set list comprising of rarities or at least personal favourites, but we all have to be realistic and accept that that's not going to happen. And, as such, appreciate the fact that at least we get to see our favourite band in action. Something that Guns fans, in particular, ought to treasure given the obstacles Axl has had to overcome in order to put together such an amazing collection of musicians.

I'll be doing all I can to get a ticket for Manchester as the past shows there have had an incredible atmosphere.  Also, having learnt the hard way in the 90's, I don't take anything for granted where this band is concerned and grab every chance I can to see them live.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2012, 06:35:56 PM »

yeh i know what your saying and i will probably go anyway, its just how many times have i seen them songs played ?

Probably less times than you heard the songs on the albums?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 03:10:02 AM »

yeh i know what your saying and i will probably go anyway, its just how many times have i seen them songs played ?

/jarmo
Yep true!! and point taken , it dont cost as much tho ha. My mate has been on the phone since my last post and hes defo going so im gonna go with him.
Need to somehow start saving some cash, 2 gigs in the space of a month, but still my two fave bands to look 4ward to
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2012, 03:16:12 AM »

/jarmo
Yep true!! and point taken , it dont cost as much tho ha. My mate has been on the phone since my last post and hes defo going so im gonna go with him.
Need to somehow start saving some cash, 2 gigs in the space of a month, but still my two fave bands to look 4ward to

That's the spirit!   Grin

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2012, 02:14:05 PM »

Looks like this one has been cancelled.

No longer on ticketmaster.co.uk

(I see these posts all the time and its usually some noobling who is using the website incorrectly, sadly, this isnt the case.)

no

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2012, 02:33:18 PM »

Looks like this one has been cancelled.

Unfortunate choice of words there.

No longer on ticketmaster.co.uk

(I see these posts all the time and its usually some noobling who is using the website incorrectly, sadly, this isnt the case.)

no

Or maybe they put it up too early.

There was an on sale date and stuff listed.

I don't think Ticketmaster puts shows up for fun.

/jarmo

richwoman
VIP

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2012, 02:39:06 PM »

Does anyone know how the 02 code works ? if it`s one we can all use will someone  post it next week for us, on a side note it was taken off t/m yesterday and put back up again so not worrying to much about it ( presale starts monday) 02 thing wednesday ok
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2012, 02:46:36 PM »

In any case, I do hope the show still goes ahead.... let's hope it was just a case of ticketmaster jumping the gun. I did think it was strange how this show was announced at this time, and on it's own. Usually any UK show get's announced with a few other UK shows, so I don't know maybe there's still a chance it might happen.  Wink
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2012, 03:01:26 PM »

Perhaps I was getting a little ahead of myself.

My mind plays tricks when GN'R are involved.

It performed this calculation:

Ticketmaster fail + Axl's state of sickness = Must be cancelled

Having now realised that the Dublin date is still there, I've decided to put that far reaching assumption on hold.

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
JDnCoke
Opening Act

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2012, 06:21:01 PM »

Im sure it will be back up soon with the rest of the UK arena dates...... All part of the GNR rollercoaster.
gunner1973
Opening Act

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2012, 10:48:48 AM »

some of the other boards have said Manchester is cancelled - it has been removed from ticketmaster...any thoughts / confirmation?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2012, 11:01:50 AM »

Or maybe it was removed because it wasn't announced?

It just showed up on Ticketmaster with no announcement.

Just calm down and wait a bit before using the Jump to Conclusions mat.

/jarmo

JDnCoke
Opening Act

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2012, 02:00:57 PM »

I think a full UK tour could be announced tomorrow going off the information that the Manchester pre sale was set for this Monday 27th.........
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2012, 03:11:33 PM »

I think there will be full annoucment
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2012, 03:14:29 PM »

Hoping for something tomorrow but happy to see them next time they are in the UK whenever that is. If they are playing a few shows in the UK I hope they play Sheffield Arena I much prefer the sound at that venue over the Manchester MEN.

Gonna be great wherever they are playing.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2012, 03:24:12 PM »

Hope this isn't a daft question...but will fan club members get special access to tickets?

Any ideas?

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: