Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:36:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Myles Kennedy to handle vocals for upcoming Slash Tour!!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Myles Kennedy to handle vocals for upcoming Slash Tour!!!!!  (Read 2365 times)
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: February 03, 2010, 10:01:45 PM »

Very awesome. From Slash's facebook.

Hey, how is everybody?
Things are ramping up towards the release of my solo record, there's a lot of cool shit going on.

But, more importantly, there is the George Lopez's "Help Haiti Benefit" show at the Nokia Theater tomorrow night. I am performing a couple songs with Beth Hart. Who, if you are not familiar with her is a 1st rate blues/R&R singer/song writer. But go to click here for the list of special guests & click here to get tickets.
Raising cash for devastated Haiti has to be at the forefront of everybody's minds right now & will need to be for some time so we can help them rebuild.

On another note, Ernie Ball, Guitar Center & I have a couple new campaigns, the details of which are at ernieball.com & yournextrecord.com. I'm really into the idea of inspiring young guitar players & discovering new talented R&R bands & unleashing them unto the world. Up & coming Rock & Roll talent is getting largely overlooked in the business these days & I want to change that.

Also, I want to announce that Myles Kennedy is going to be fronting the band for the upcoming tour. Something I'm really stoked about. Myles sang a killer track on the record & I think he is by far one of the best Rock & Roll singers out there today. I'm really honored & proud to be working with him. I will announce the other band members shortly.

Lastly, we're starting to route the tour. I want all my fans to follow me on Twitter & tell me what city/country they're from & to tell all their friends & family in that city/country, who are fans, to do the same. I want to get a really good idea on where my fans are, even the obvious major cities & focus the tour around that. So if you're from Alaska or Zimbabwe or anywhere in between I want to hear from you. Follow me at Twitter.com/slashhudson

That's it, I'm excited about the new record & about the band I'm putting together for the tour. I've been jamming around town with everybody & their brother for the last year & I can't wait to get out & do my own show finally. It's going to be a gas.

See you soon,
Slash iiii|; ),

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=286502578527

This is beyond awesome. He has crazy vocal range, and will certainly be able to do justice/ sound awesome doing GNR, VR and Slash songs alike.

Slash did good on this, as it is light years ahead of a tour with Frankie handling vocals (which is who I figured he would get).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 10:10:45 PM by Naupis » Logged
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 10:32:10 PM »

That's awesome to hear, Myles is a great singer!

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 10:45:11 PM »

Great news. Can't wait for the album and tour. beer

Fuck 'Em All.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 11:29:17 PM »

I wonder who else will fill the band out? Anyone know what Josh Freese or Chris Chaney is up to this summer, as they were the drums and bass of the album. Rhythm guitar could be anyone, as there is no one really directly tied to the album who jumps out as a likely candidate.

The hard part was getting an ace vocalist who would happen to be free, and he accomplished that. Hopefully it's not long before the rest of the line-up is revealed.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 11:36:23 PM »

No idea. Maybe he can get Adler on drums. drool

Fuck 'Em All.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 11:39:53 PM »

No idea. Maybe he can get Adler on drums. drool
I don't know if that would be such a good idea for Slash and Steven to go back on tour together.  At least for their own sobriety's sake.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 12:32:05 AM »

This is pretty fucking epic, Myles has RANGE!!!!!!  One of Rock's best voices!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 01:12:26 PM »

I wonder who else will fill the band out? Anyone know what Josh Freese or Chris Chaney is up to this summer, as they were the drums and bass of the album. Rhythm guitar could be anyone, as there is no one really directly tied to the album who jumps out as a likely candidate.

The hard part was getting an ace vocalist who would happen to be free, and he accomplished that. Hopefully it's not long before the rest of the line-up is revealed.

how bout duff, izzy and steve rounding out the touring band Wink
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 04:03:06 PM »

Awesome for myles and Slash, Both are great players.
Myles has an awesome voice, and can play guitar real well!
Him and Slash wow Tongue
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: