Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:06:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD to be released NOV (From Sp1at)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD to be released NOV (From Sp1at)  (Read 36461 times)
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2006, 11:14:17 PM »

It's gotta drop sometime.

I think there is a major fallacy to this argument.  One may think that after all this time, it MUST be released, but I don't agree.  This is year #15 without an original GnR record.  One would think after 10 years, Axl would have released it, just because it was "the right thing to do".  The fact that it has gone this long leads me to believe it will not come out more than it will...
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2006, 11:16:20 PM »

It's gotta drop sometime.

I think there is a major fallacy to this argument.? One may think that after all this time, it MUST be released, but I don't agree.? This is year #15 without an original GnR record.? One would think after 10 years, Axl would have released it, just because it was "the right thing to do".? The fact that it has gone this long leads me to believe it will not come out more than it will...
  no
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2006, 11:23:43 PM »

There's nothing really new in this, but sp1at isn't the worst source on earth, and all that was kinda confirmed by the latest fortus email.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2006, 11:24:25 PM »

I believe it, goes along with some things I've heard perfectly. ok
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2006, 11:36:54 PM »

Shake your head all you want.  Axl has proven time and time again that he can find new and improved ways of delaying his album, his stage appearances and anything else he deems worthy of a delay.  Why even go on tour to play a bunch of songs from Appetite...?  Why not just hammer out the fucking record and then tour?  I'm not convinced one bit. 
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2006, 11:38:15 PM »

Shake your head all you want.? Axl has proven time and time again that he can find new and improved ways of delaying his album, his stage appearances and anything else he deems worthy of a delay.? Why even go on tour to play a bunch of songs from Appetite...?? Why not just hammer out the fucking record and then tour?? I'm not convinced one bit.?

Axl Rose owns your soul.
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2006, 11:41:47 PM »

Axl Rose owns your soul.

drool
Z
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2006, 11:56:21 PM »

This isn't rocket science...............

....they return to the states in August, announce when the first single will hit the airwaves (September) then announce the cd release (October/November).

Better will be the first single, then The Blues will be the second, probably just before or a month after cd's release.

They were filming live clips for the Better video during the Hammerstein shows.

So yeah, you heard it first cuz I'm an insider.
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2006, 12:08:09 AM »

This article says it all... 

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/06/arts/music/06leed.html?ei=5090&en=a13c0fac87670850&ex=1267851600&partner=rssuserland&pagewanted=all

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2006, 12:10:06 AM »

That article predates the current tour. It's conclusion is therefore dubious. Dig out Merck's reaction to the piece and read up on all the 'facts'.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2006, 12:11:17 AM »

Yeah, but the article title is incorrect, it's definitely made, he has 32 completed tracks and will finalize the tracklisting when he comes back. Several sources have said a "fall" release is on for sure. Some of us have heard it straight from the band or the band's record company's mouth. No stopping Axl this time, train is rolling along at full steam ahead.
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2006, 12:22:48 AM »

Read the article.  NOTHING has changed.  Of course, his manager Merck, is going to renounce the article.  That's the obvious reaction by someone who manages Axl Rose.   The article is recent enough and makes some irrefutable points.  Chinese Democracy has not been "made".  By your definition, it was "made" 8 years ago.  Until it hits the shelves, its not "made".
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2006, 12:25:14 AM »

Yeah, but the article title is incorrect, it's definitely made, he has 32 completed tracks and will finalize the tracklisting when he comes back. Several sources have said a "fall" release is on for sure. Some of us have heard it straight from the band or the band's record company's mouth. No stopping Axl this time, train is rolling along at full steam ahead.
i maybe would feel as confident about it as you are if a official press release was released about this with cd release date/the first single on Monday.
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2006, 12:29:43 AM »

Even Axl has never declared there are 32 songs DONE.  Not even close.  He said they're working on 32 songs and 26 were 'nearly done'.  Sounds like the same stage they were at 8 years ago... 

Axl is being very vague about this for a reason. 
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2006, 12:32:18 AM »

Read the article.  NOTHING has changed.  Of course, his manager Merck, is going to renounce the article.  That's the obvious reaction by someone who manages Axl Rose.   The article is recent enough and makes some irrefutable points.  Chinese Democracy has not been "made".  By your definition, it was "made" 8 years ago.  Until it hits the shelves, its not "made".

Something very substantial has changed. Axl Rose has taken his band on the road in Europe and to the US in the Fall. For the first time, he has indicated a time frame for a release, Fall 06. Never before has he indicated such a time frame. In fact, he has been vague when there wasn't a time frame established.

Get a grip, better, wait for Fall 06 and eat your own words. Or just leave. Whatever eases your restless spirit.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2006, 12:38:59 AM »

Axl toured in 2002.  Didn't change anything.  The last time he tried to tour America, he cancelled on some very unhappy fans in Philly.  Around and around we go...

Just because he said we'll "hear music this year" and "fall to late fall" doesn't mean anything.   Read the article I linked above.  Axl will find something else to tinker with, especially after being on the road with the band for a few months.  One thing was obvious from that article and that is Axl thinks its 'his way or the highway'.  Most musicians will tell you that type of mentality is never going to be received well by the other members.  Axl has single-handedly wrecked the old lineup, wasted millions of dollars of recording time, and cancelled any good-will he had from American fans with his antics in 2002.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2006, 12:42:44 AM »

Seriously man, fuck off. Take your 2003 arguments to the dead horse section so we can talk about news here.
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2006, 12:47:16 AM »

Seriously man, fuck off. Take your 2003 arguments to the dead horse section so we can talk about news here.
until official release date is announced. until the first single is dropped. until the cd is dropped these arguments are valid.
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2006, 12:48:21 AM »

hihi   You guys get so personal when I state a fact.  Makes me think I may be on to something with the points I am bringing up.  That's what I get for speaking the truth.

rofl
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2006, 12:52:04 AM »

until official release date is announced. until the first single is dropped. until the cd is dropped these arguments are valid.

Not only are they valid, they're almost certainly going to be correct when January 1st, 2007 rolls around.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: