Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 09:29:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview  (Read 206226 times)
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2006, 05:57:18 PM »

How legit is this anyway?? Huh

Yeah Im thinking the same thing. I cant buy this "interview" for one reason and one reason only. The fact that Dizzy supposibely says "this is confidential stuff" but then goes on to talk about the confidential stuff is completely out there. Diz wouldn't do something like that...

Keeping tight lipped for several years, then opening up to some guy you never met with confidential info doesnt seem likely to happen.

unless there's a real reason to start talking to fans about GN'R!

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2006, 05:58:30 PM »

Yeah Im thinking the same thing. I cant buy this "interview" for one reason and one reason only. The fact that Dizzy supposibely says "this is confidential stuff" but then goes on to talk about the confidential stuff is completely out there. Diz wouldn't do something like that...

Keeping tight lipped for several years, then opening up to some guy you never met with confidential info doesnt seem likely to happen.

it's a paraphrase... he may or may not have used the word 'confidential'
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2006, 06:04:37 PM »

lots of interesting stuff here! i wouldn't expect there to be too many revelations about the new album from other members because i believe Axl is going to give some kind of big interview/press release whenever he is finally ready to roll and he doesnt want all the info coming out before then.

Yay, Chief.   ok That's how I see this interview and Axls one at Korn party.

''It's not an Axl Rose album, even if it's what I wanted it to be. Everybody is putting everything they've got into singing and building. Maybe I'm helping steer it to what it should be built like.'' -Axl Speaks
Rolling Stone, January 2000 http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=30

ppbebe that quote could be taken in two ways. since i'm arguing my point "I'll help steer" it my way hihi

To paraphrase.

"Axl has a very specific idea what he wants for his album, or at least he did when it all started, it was the variables that added to it. but he still is keeping the core of what his idea was originally."

See, what I'm getting out of all this is that Axl is in charge of this beast, and he decides what stay or goes. Yes he is using ideas of the others but, his ideas come first and foremost. I have a sneaky suspicion that if Axl doesn;t like something that one of them came up with he didn't or won't use it, however if he likes something that others don't (even if it is all 6 of them), tough shit it stays. that is not collaboration IMO

Right now, to me, it looks more like Dizzy, Tommy, Robin, Richard, Brain and Chris are Axl's backup band. Yes they may be the current GnR but only cuz Axl says so.

And what Axl says correspond to what Tommy says.
Someone have to take the charge. Like  Jimmy Page did to Led zeppelin, for instance. So why not the captain of GNR?
gav
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2006, 06:08:48 PM »

So Madagascar, I'm guessing you will not tell us what the one thing is that's supposedly coming up which leads you to believe preparations for release are underway.

Could you at least tell us when this event should occur??  Huh
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2006, 06:09:21 PM »

So Madagascar, I'm guessing you will not tell us what the one thing is that's supposedly coming up which leads you to believe preparations for release are underway.

Could you at least tell us when this event should occur??? Huh

within a week I'd say
gav
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2006, 06:11:06 PM »

and just how major will it be??
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2006, 06:13:12 PM »

well... I'm not talking about a public announcement here... I just said that it could lead towards the forwarding of the release of Chinese Democracy
gav
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2006, 06:15:11 PM »

well... I'm not talking about a public announcement here... I just said that it could lead towards the forwarding of the release of Chinese Democracy

ok, can you give us any hints??

If not, I guess a week's not too long to wait! Hell, the past 12 years have just flown! I hope your right, fella! Smiley
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 06:24:18 PM by FuckThatShit! » Logged
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2006, 06:39:47 PM »

A very interesting read.  But I'm gonna have to take this with a grain of salt.   I just can't imagine Dizzy flapping his lips like that.  But keep going Madagascar88, I'm enjoying it. ok

Markus Asraelius
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2006, 06:55:27 PM »

Some sort of annoncement would be great as far as an album release date. fuck yeah baby, i hope I'm not getting EXCITING FOR NOTHING!!!!! whooooooaaaahhhhhhhaaahhhh!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2006, 07:12:24 PM »

just fukin tell us. whats the big deal...why wait a week? stop playing th egnr game its annoying. either say and report the news or go away stop seeking attention

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2006, 07:13:33 PM »

Thanks Madagascar. Dont let the haters bring you down.. just keep typing what your typing.. and give us a damn clue about whats happening in a week!

gnrevolution.com
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2006, 07:14:18 PM »

Let me be the first to say I'm not surprised that the money whores have been begging Axl to get back into the band

bah!
what a load of nonsense
the money whores are out there delivering to their fans - Mr Reed is the whore if anyone, allowing his musicality to be comprimised by his yes-man status

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2006, 07:16:38 PM »

yes, it all sounds a bit loose to me(was he drunk?)

im starting to doubt the legitamacy of this- the Steven and Slash comments are a tad too out there for me to think this is believeable

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
badapple81
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2006, 07:18:48 PM »

Adler sounds fucked from the recent interviews and Dizzy's comments, he just can't keep away from the gear.
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2006, 07:27:31 PM »

All this is great stuff, but I'm wondering why no-one seems to have bothered asking whether GN'R is going to get themselves a third guitarist to replace Buckethead, or if they're just going to press ahead with Fortus and Finck...

SG
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2006, 07:31:09 PM »

Is it something we would necessarily hear about?

Here today...ready to rock
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2006, 07:34:28 PM »

Let me be the first to say I'm not surprised that the money whores have been begging Axl to get back into the band

bah!
what a load of nonsense
the money whores are out there delivering to their fans - Mr Reed is the whore if anyone, allowing his musicality to be comprimised by his yes-man status

yeah right, as if dizzy doesn't do whatever the fuck he wants to do with his music wtf?Huh the guy's been out there on the scene alot and just because he believes in axl doesn't make him axl's yes man lol... get a grip, i'm not saying anyone is a money whore here, but slash stated himself that he was practically broke and that money was a big reason for doing the VR gig, they even had the labels go through a bidding war to get the most cash out of it, plus they sell their music to mediocre films, and releases the album in three different colors and they rereleased it a couple of times aswell go figure...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2006, 07:42:17 PM »

sounds a little too far out there for me.
the comments about Slash and Duff can be from 5 years ago for all we know, but I seriously doubt it has happened since they started working with VR.

and the Steven comments are just bollocks. Ive heard several live stuff with AA and heard their studio tracks, and from what Ive heard I can tell that he's probably 3 times better technically these days than back in the GNR days.
sounds to me it's either fake, or Dizzy is trying his best to spread shit about his former comrades.
some of the Izzy comments seems unlikely too really.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2006, 07:45:38 PM »

Is it something we would necessarily hear about?

no
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: