Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:52:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Seoul Concert Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Seoul Concert Discussion  (Read 88756 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #180 on: December 13, 2009, 11:29:12 AM »

Shit you know I am just catching up here... they didn't play IF The World. Goddamn. Sweet show but I love ITW, and was hoping it would be played at every show. Cool that TWAT was though. I want all of CDD performed, especially my favorites. This new GNR is just so scary good I feeling greeady and want all the songs I consider gems to be performed by these motherfucking baddasses.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #181 on: December 13, 2009, 11:31:33 AM »

Seems like another great show!!!

Glad for the people who attended the show, hopefully next summer we'll be the ones updating the board from Europe, or just enjoying the shows...  beer

Agreed! Never give up hope!!!!  ok

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #182 on: December 13, 2009, 11:45:09 AM »

Shit you know I am just catching up here... they didn't play IF The World. Goddamn. Sweet show but I love ITW, and was hoping it would be played at every show. Cool that TWAT was though. I want all of CDD performed, especially my favorites. This new GNR is just so scary good I feeling greeady and want all the songs I consider gems to be performed by these motherfucking baddasses.
I love that song too though since I am going to both SK shows I hope they play it at one show.
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #183 on: December 13, 2009, 11:56:25 AM »

wish they would play don't cry or something cool off of the UYI albums....i don't think we would miss Live and Let Die for something esle. Don't Damn Me or Yesterdays would be cool. Other then that the last 2 setlist have been very cool  ok
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 12:06:47 PM by uzisuicide2002 » Logged

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
Lurk
Headliner

Here Today... Gone to KFC

« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2009, 12:01:52 PM »

I just got home from this show. I will be do a fuller review on my blog tomorrow, but here are a few highlights...
  • If anybody saw the white guy who translated outside the express (first 1000 people from each side) queue, that was me Cheesy
  • The opening act got stiffed with a 15 minute set. I was pleased.
  • There were some problems with the stage, and they had to screw a few things down just before the show started
  • The stage looks fucking sweet though!
  • Ashba fucking rocks! Awesome player, and he works the crowd like a superstar. He was obviously being showcased, and he was the first image anybody saw (Pics getting emailed to me tomorrow. Iconic), and the crowd all knew his name. Nobody wanted the other guy with the hat Wink
  • Ron's new double-neck is, quite possibly, the sexiest guitar ever made.
  • There were sound problems. Opening chops of CD were muted, and Axl's mic was all over the place, as were guitars from time to time.
  • Axl apologised for his vocals on Sorry. Musically, it was great, but he seemed to have problems deciding where to sing (the key goes up and down like a whores drawers). People I was with didn't notice anything wrong, but I did. Kudos for trying though. I am sure the problems will be ironed out
  • No "This I love". Bummer! I wanted to call the wife and let her hear it, as she was pretty gutted she couldn't come with me. She is desperate to hear that song played live. Hopefully they will come back next year Wink
  • Axl and Tommy were deciding the set as they go. At first it was "What should we play", but later they were pointing at the setlist on the ground and asking "This one or this one?"
  • No Encore. Paradise City finished seconds before 11:30, so I am guessing they were on a curfew (else they would have worked the encore). The crowd were begging for more. Literally! Cries of "Please Guns N' Roses play some more" were all around me. Despite the lack of encore, there was a lengthy set. The people I went with were surprised at how long a GN'R show lasts!
  • I got T-Shirts. I will take pics tomorrow and upload them somewhere.

I will post my full story tomorrow. I had quite the adventure Smiley

EDITS: Typos and added the line about Tommy/Axl/setlist
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 12:07:53 PM by Lurk » Logged
The Bedouin
Rocker

only god can judge me

« Reply #185 on: December 13, 2009, 12:05:52 PM »

I just got home from this show. I will be do a fuller review on my blog tomorrow, but here are a few highlights...
  • If anybody saw the white guy who translated outside the express (first 1000 people from each side) queue, that was me Cheesy
  • There were some problems with the stage, and they had to screw a few things down just before the show started
  • Ashba fucking rocks! Awesome player, and he works the crowd like a superstar. He was obviously being showcased, and he was the first image anybody saw (Pics getting emailed to me tomorrow. Iconic), and the crowd all knew his name. Nobody wanted the other guy with the hat Wink
  • There were sound problems. Opening chops of CD were muted, and Axl's mic was all over the place, as were guitars from time to time.
  • Axl apologised for his vocals on Sorry. Musically, it was great, but he seemed to have problems deciding where to sing (the key goes up and down like a whores drawers). People I was with didn't notice anything wrong, but I did. Kudos for trying though. I am sure the problems will be ironed out
  • No "This I love". Bummer! I wanted to call the wife and let her here it, as she was pretty gutted she couldn't come with me. She is desperate to hear that song played live. Hopefully they will come back next year Wink
  • No Encore. Paradise City finished seconds before 11:30, so I am guessing they were on a curfew (else they would have worked the encore). The crowd were begging for more. Literally! Cries of "Please Guns N' Roses play some more" were all around me. Despite the lack of encore, there was a lengthy set. The people I went with were surprised at how long a GN'R show lasts!

thanks man. Looking forward to your review tomorrow
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #186 on: December 13, 2009, 12:09:35 PM »

• No "This I love". Bummer! I wanted to call the wife and let her hear it, as she was pretty gutted she couldn't come with me. She is desperate to hear that song played live. Hopefully they will come back next year Wink
  • Axl and Tommy were deciding the set as they go. At first it was "What should we play", but later they were pointing at the setlist on the ground and asking "This one or this one?"

That's great! I'm glad you had a blast! I'm looking forward to read your full review and to see your pictures of the concert!  yes

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #187 on: December 13, 2009, 12:09:46 PM »

cool lurk!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #188 on: December 13, 2009, 12:12:32 PM »

I Love LURK

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #189 on: December 13, 2009, 12:16:11 PM »

Ah that seems to make sense.

Until the abrupt end it was sounding like an even better set than the 1st gig - If the curfew thing is correct, i imagine the end of the set would have had a couple more rockers before knockin' (eg irs or maybe even scraped) and then the encore wouldve been TIL, better and PC as before...

here's to 16th! Hopefully a couple more surprises and the return of nightrain! I LOVE that song![/list]
    « Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 12:19:47 PM by badobsession81 » Logged

Back In Power
    GypsySoul
    C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
    Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #190 on: December 13, 2009, 12:20:49 PM »

That's pretty cool!!!  Cool

Can't wait to read your full review!!!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
    Chinese Monopoly
    Rocker

« Reply #191 on: December 13, 2009, 12:22:31 PM »

Thanks for that.

Are there images in circulation yet anyone?

Jude
    Rocker

« Reply #192 on: December 13, 2009, 12:29:23 PM »

thanks for your quick review Lurk! it will be nice to see your photos

Malcolm
    Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #193 on: December 13, 2009, 12:57:21 PM »

Thanks for the review...I like the part about Axl and Tommy deciding the setlist as they go...I think on the 2 previous tours they had alot more of a limited setlist and pretty much the same...So it appears they may be changing it up which is awesome...and very glas that YCBM and Rocket Queen are still in...Rock on guys beer

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
    bolton
    VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #194 on: December 13, 2009, 01:05:25 PM »

Great review...also great song list. How many people were there, was arena full?
    novemberparadise23
    VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #195 on: December 13, 2009, 01:10:16 PM »

I like the Take a Walk on the Wildside cover. I hope they keep throwing out cool cover songs that would be great  ok

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
    Mr. Nik™
    VIP

This I Love

« Reply #196 on: December 13, 2009, 01:13:19 PM »

great Lurk, thanks for the infos!

my signature... starts now!!?
    morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
    Chinese Monopoly
    Rocker

« Reply #197 on: December 13, 2009, 01:22:44 PM »

Welcome To The Jungle Intoduction, Seoul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f8vz8jJdJ4&feature=channel

You Could Be Mine, Seoul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLiOAzQyUIw

raffaelbh
    Headliner

Rock in Rio need back to Rio

« Reply #198 on: December 13, 2009, 01:31:57 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tchugU4VHtc